Widgets Magazine

Thread: CE Page Airport

Default CE Page Airport

Located west of Cimarron Road and south of I-40, this airport is not only within OKC city limits, it's owned by the City as well.

It covers 1,000 acres and according to Wikipedia, averages about 70 flights a day.

I've been hearing some rumblings about the City wanting to acquire more land surrounding the airport and develop it into something similar to what is being done at I-240 and Bryant. There has been a big push to obtain more mega-sites for industrial and distribution and as sprawling as OKC is, there are few big sites available along I-40 in particular.

I-40 is more important than I-35 when it comes to distribution because almost all goods from Asia (which is by far the biggest manufacturer of products sold in the U.S.) arrive at the Port of Los Angeles. If you have ever driven I-40 from L.A. as I have many times, you'd be stunned to see huge convoys of trucks heading east, transporting important product to the rest of the country.

Default Re: Charles Page Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Located west of Cimarron Road and south of I-40, this airport is not only within OKC city limits, it's owned by the City as well.

It covers 1,000 acres and according to Wikipedia, averages about 70 flights a day.

I've been hearing some rumblings about the City wanting to acquire more land surrounding the airport and develop it into something similar to what is being done at I-240 and Bryant. There has been a big push to obtain more mega-sites for industrial and distribution and as sprawling as OKC is, there are few big sites available along I-40 in particular.

I-40 is more important than I-35 when it comes to distribution because almost all goods from Asia (which is by far the biggest manufacturer of products sold in the U.S.) arrive at the Port of Los Angeles. If you have ever driven I-40 from L.A. as I have many times, you'd be stunned to see huge convoys of trucks heading east, transporting important product to the rest of the country.

I believe it is Clarence Page. I used to know him back in the '70's
    Worked for Page Airmotive for 4 years.
    He also went by C.E. Page

Default Re: CE Page Airport

I wonder if the City might consider consolidating it into Wiley Post then using the 1,000 acres for economic development.

I don't know if it's still this way, but the airspace around CE Page used to have an aerobatic designation and was one of the few places pilots could fly those types of moves. If this is still the case I could see that being a reason they can't consolidate.

Also they are building tons of houses over just south of there since it's all Yukon High School.

Old article from: https://journalrecord.com/1996/08/ae...-weather-woes/

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I don't know if it's still this way, but the airspace around CE Page used to have an aerobatic designation and was one of the few places pilots could fly those types of moves. If this is still the case I could see that being a reason they can't consolidate.

Also they are building tons of houses over just south of there since it's all Yukon High School.

Old article from: https://journalrecord.com/1996/08/ae...-weather-woes/
    According to the AirNav page, you're right. Aerobatic flight is permitted below 6,400ft within 1 mile of the airport. How this impacts housing/development regulations I'm not sure.

Either way, for a plane geek like myself, I love seeing more aviation development in the metro area.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    According to the AirNav page, you're right. Aerobatic flight is permitted below 6,400ft within 1 mile of the airport. How this impacts housing/development regulations I'm not sure.

Either way, for a plane geek like myself, I love seeing more aviation development in the metro area.
    Thanks I was looking for something like that but didn't spend much time. I remember back in the day driving in that area seeing planes do all sorts of cool stuff you only usually see at airshows.

The Blue Angels performed there in the late 90's. Not sure if the Will Rogers west runway was torn up for whatever reason, Aero Space America was at C. E. Page one time.

Also, the Coors Light Silver Bullet jets were in the far South Hanger, which is the last hanger remaining. They used to open both East and West doors and fly those miniature jets through the hanger, fast.
    In 1979, the rumor had it as being the cargo hub for OKC by 1985. That never happened as we all know.

Here is a map of everything the Alliance for Economic Development is trying to acquire:

That is a *lot* of land. Not only would that allow for industry/warehouses around the area but they could even throw in a whole second North-South runway if they wanted to

Looks like about 1,600 acres, all to the west of Page.

The Alliance for Economic Development started sending letters to the property owners within that red boundary last December.

I was forwarded one of those letters and in it they say: " We have an opportunity for a significant manufacturing company that is interested in locating here in the Yukon, El Reno and Oklahoma City area."

We all know how large OKC is geographically, and why. But it’s still crazy to me, looking at that Google Earth image, that that airport is actually in Oklahoma City proper. It seems so far west.

Oh well, back to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    That is a *lot* of land. Not only would that allow for industry/warehouses around the area but they could even throw in a whole second North-South runway if they wanted to
    There already is two N/S runways at CE Page, one is around half the length of the other. Given the size of most planes there and less taxi distance to hangers, the shorter runway might be used more than the longer one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    The Blue Angels performed there in the late 90's. Not sure if the Will Rogers west runway was torn up for whatever reason, Aero Space America was at C. E. Page one time.

Also, the Coors Light Silver Bullet jets were in the far South Hanger, which is the last hanger remaining. They used to open both East and West doors and fly those miniature jets through the hanger, fast.
    In 1979, the rumor had it as being the cargo hub for OKC by 1985. That never happened as we all know.
    I was there for that blue angels show!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Alliance for Economic Development started sending letters to the property owners within that red boundary last December.

I was forwarded one of those letters and in it they say: " We have an opportunity for a significant manufacturing company that is interested in locating here in the Yukon, El Reno and Oklahoma City area."
    Any speculation as to which manufacturing company is being referenced here? I'm assuming aerospace, if they want to be located at the airport...

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Any speculation as to which manufacturing company is being referenced here? I'm assuming aerospace, if they want to be located at the airport...
    No idea. They use the Alliance shield to cloak anything like this in great secrecy.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I was there for that blue angels show!
    I was too.. I remember an F18 flying upside down very low altitude right over the top. Pilots helmet front and center.

Wonder if they could be looking at developing CEP as a cargo airport like Alliance in FTW?

The City has filed plans to annex 320 acres to the west of CE Page airport.

It has passed the first hurdle and will likely be heard at the May 9th Planning Commission meeting.

As a reminder, the second image is all the land the Alliance is attempting to purchase; as they continue to acquire land we'll likely see more annexation.

This seems overly pie in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Its similar to what is being done at Will Rogers. I don't the pie has really been defined, just a master plan for the future.

If you read upthread, you will see the Alliance is actively courting a large manufacturer for that site.

Even if that doesn't come to pass, these big distribution sites have become very much in demand along the interstates in and around OKC.

If BNSF and / or UP were to build an intermodal facility there it could become a huge logistics hub. Probably not on the level of Alliance TX, and maybe OKC is too close to Alliance to make it viable on a larger scale. But one would have to think the idea has been considered.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    If BNSF and / or UP were to build an intermodal facility there it could become a huge logistics hub. Probably not on the level of Alliance TX, and maybe OKC is too close to Alliance to make it viable on a larger scale. But one would have to think the idea has been considered.
    Given the positioning of rail lines and interstate, it would probably be easier and cheaper to route rail to Will Rogers. Which already has better runways from length and concrete depth; along with a range of other things from navigation aids, tower, fuel supply, and other support.

Thread Information