Widgets Magazine

Thread: 85C Bakery & Cafe

Far North 85C Bakery & Cafe

Yet another Asian-fusion bakery coming to OKC.

https://www.85cbakerycafe.com/

In 2003, the founder of 85°C Bakery Cafe, Mr. Cheng-Hsueh Wu visited a cafe in a 5-star hotel. While enjoying gourmet pastries and drinks, he realized that the prices were set way too high for people to enjoy on a whim. From that moment, Mr. Wu has envisioned a cafe that provides premium coffee, bread, and cake at affordable prices. Thus the 85°C Bakery Cafe journey begins…

Today, 85°C has over 1,000 locations worldwide. In 2008, the first U.S. store opened in Irvine, CA. The location quickly became an overnight sensation, with over 5,000 Yelp reviews and lines out the door. Featured on TIME, CNN, NPR, and Travel Channel, 85°C Bakery Cafe has become a culinary phenomenon and a new cafe experience for all.

85°C Bakery Cafe is not an ordinary cafe. Each cup of coffee is individually brewed with Guatemalan coffee beans for a smooth, rich taste. All of our drinks are handcrafted and made to order. Each store features an in-shop bakery with over 50 varieties of pastries baked fresh hourly. Our gourmet cakes are uniquely crafted by our award-winning master chefs. We strive to bring our customers the best products possible by paying careful attention to every detail which may affect its taste.

2. Default Re: 85C Bakery & Cafe

yep, they're wonderful!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: 85C Bakery & Cafe

That will do very well, here.

Did we discuss that Paris Baguette is coming to town, as well? I think four locations, including Edmond, Moore and two in OKC proper. We talked to the owner of the Wichita location and he's building two or three of the OKC area locations, as well as two more in Wichita. He said the Moore location is going where a bank just closed. They will demolish the bank and build a dedicated building for Paris Baguette. He said someone else is doing the Edmond location and they will go into an existing building, rather than building from the ground up.

Never expected 2024 to be the year of Asian bakery franchises coming to OKC, but I'm happy to see 85C join Tous Les Jours (and I guess Paris Baguette..) finally coming to the state!
    Now I don't have to go to the Carrollton location because it's always PACKED and parking is a literal nightmare.
    But then the OKC location doesn't look like it'll be any easier to get to (ugh Memorial...)

Wow. When it rains it pours. I was elated about Tous Les Jours coming, then Paris Baguette, and now 85 degrees. I suspect they will do VERY well here. I'm hoping they place at least one of these in the Asian District, but it seems like these places gravitate more towards suburban areas.

6. Default Re: 85C Bakery & Cafe

I was thinking that initially, but isn't there already a couple of asian bakeries in the AD? I wouldn't want the nationals to take away from our local community.

Once the Asian District grows/expands, YES. But for now while it's still a relatively small community - I'd hope to keep it local/traditional/organic in the AD.

There is one way out on East 2nd street in Edmond and they are very good, but their selection is very limited, compared to the franchises coming to OKC. We go there often and really hope the new places don't significantly impact them. There is one on Broadway, but it's very limited in it's offerings and I think it focused more on drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I was thinking that initially, but isn't there already a couple of asian bakeries in the AD? I wouldn't want the nationals to take away from our local community.

Once the Asian District grows/expands, YES. But for now while it's still a relatively small community - I'd hope to keep it local/traditional/organic in the AD.
    AD mostly has boba shops, and the sandwich shops do have a few baked goods (Lee's has a really good fried sesame ball w/ mung bean filling), but nothing like the franchise bakeries will have.
    There's also Ling's Cakery, but their selection is very limited and focus is mostly on custom cakes.

9. Default Re: 85C Bakery & Cafe

You're right, I was thinking (misthinking) of the Bun Box that recently opened - that it was a bakery. ...

AD has Mochinut, 85C would fit nicely to help FILL IN. Maybe once the new apartments open there'll be more retail space for them.

Thread Information