Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
That drove me crazy when I had to drive that route every day. I cannot count the number of times I was nearly hit by someone coming up that on ramp and failing to yield.

Another issue that I cannot figure out why it has been left that way - there is only one lane of southbound 235 that is a continuous connection with I35 South. There is more than enough space to have at least two uninterrupted paths that would not require a lane change from the 235/44 interchange.
I have always said this was an issue.

Going south on 235, past the NW 6th exit, the right lane exits to the boulevard WB and then I-40 WB, left lane exits to 40 EB, so you're left with two lanes.

Then, the EB boulevard merges onto the right lane.

THEN, EB 40 to SB 35 and WB 40 to SB 35 have their own lane, but people try to get over into other lanes immediately...

But wait, there's more... the right lane exits onto SW 15th, so the left lane is the only one that goes all the way through...

I get exhausted just thinking about it... I really hope with the rebuild of the interchange, that is taken care of. I assume it will be, but what do I know. This is an interchange where we need to have a KATY-like interchange in Houton to handle all the things going on there...