Widgets Magazine

Thread: Patty melts

Default Patty melts

Read this article in the NY Times (sorry about the paywall) about Patty Melts making a resurgence in the City and it got me thinking. What are the best Patty Melts in OKC?

My vote is for the Bulgogi Patty Melt from Cafe L'Asie downtown.

Default Re: Patty melts

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Read this article in the NY Times (sorry about the paywall) about Patty Melts making a resurgence in the City and it got me thinking. What are the best Patty Melts in OKC?

My vote is for the Bulgogi Patty Melt from Cafe L'Asie downtown.
    mcnellies makes a pretty good one

Patty Wagon has a great one. At least two years ago they did.

Interesting timing, a week ago we made them from a Cook's Country recipe (it was on their TV show a couple of weeks before that), and they were pretty good, but not worth the trouble. We'd definitely be interested in hearing about some from around the city. Need to get to Cafe L'Asie, haven't been to one of his restaurants in years, and never been to McNellie's, guess we should try them out, this is as good a reason as any.

We don't go to Patty Wagon any longer, though, even though they're literally a block away, because we've had everything they make and haven't been impressed in a long while, been there/done that. They're on some kind of cleanliness OCD thing now - went there because someone else wanted to go there, and they don't keep napkin dispensers on the tables now because "it takes too much time to clean them", and they were cleaning empty (not with plates, drinks on them, just empty) tables like crazy during the entire time we were there - pandemic's over, folks...

[QUOTE=They're on some kind of cleanliness OCD thing now - went there because someone else wanted to go there, and they don't keep napkin dispensers on the tables now because "it takes too much time to clean them", and they were cleaning empty (not with plates, drinks on them, just empty) tables like crazy during the entire time we were there - pandemic's over, folks...[/QUOTE]

While the pandemic is technically over, germs still persist. I find nothing wrong with OCD cleanliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    While the pandemic is technically over, germs still persist. I find nothing wrong with OCD cleanliness.
    If it interferes with my dining experience, I do.

Thread Information