Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tous Les Jours

Northwest OKC Tous Les Jours

Tous Les Jours is opening at 1841 Belle Isle Blvd Ste J , Oklahoma City OK 73118!

They're a Korean "French-inspired" bakery chain, and commonly found inside H-Marts in the states.
    Their instagram (@touslesjoursokc) doesn't have a set date, but this is SO exciting!!!
    Makes me still have hope for an H-Mart despite what y'all say

Default Re: Tous Les Jours

This is so exciting! It's not Paris Baguette, but I'll take it! However, it looks like the Instagram is no longer available? Hopefully this doesn't mean they're backing out?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    This is so exciting! It's not Paris Baguette, but I'll take it! However, it looks like the Instagram is no longer available? Hopefully this doesn't mean they're backing out?
    There is a "Coming Soon" banner at the location. Was by there yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    There is a "Coming Soon" banner at the location. Was by there yesterday.
    Awesome! And it looks like their Instagram is back up and running.

5. Default Re: Tous Les Jours

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    https://www.restaurantmagazine.com/p...two-locations/

Oh wow even Paris Baguette is coming here.. Thank you @Decious!
    But the parent company of Paris Baguette are scumbags. Back in 2022 there was an incident at one of their factories (tw: details of death) and I've boycotted them since.
    I'm not gonna stop anyone from giving them money, but just wanted to put that out there..

And besides that, I think there are some things TLJ is better for (Korean style breads), and PB has better French-ish pastries. I can't wait for the angry Google and Yelp reviews from people who've never been to these types of Korean bakery franchises and say "IT'S NOT A REAL FRENCH BAKERY IF I COULD GIVE -1000 STARS I WOULD" :P

You just made my day. After having it in Korea, I was super excited to find them in the DFW area. I'm glad we're getting the best of both worlds with Paris Baguette and Tous Les Jours!

What's the story with H Mart? I always thought it was odd they had a million locations in DFW and zero in OKC, same with Daiso; just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by macchiato View Post
    What's the story with H Mart? I always thought it was odd they had a million locations in DFW and zero in OKC, same with Daiso; just thinking out loud.
    H Mart is opening 2 new stores in DFW which will bring their total to 5 ( so 7 TLJs- 5 in H marts and 2 stand alones) and Google Map shows 12 Daisos and 2 more opening in DFW?

Sigh... just checked TLJ's insta, seems they keep having to delay the opening
    But in the most recent post, they replied "very very close" so hopefully it'll be this month?

^

I noticed they don't have their sign up yet, among other things.

I was thisclose to giving up and expecting them to open Fall 2024, but their OKC insta posted Stories today saying the delays are due to inspectors taking their sweet time. Apparently they have two inspections left, hopefully everything will be given approval very soon
    And they also posted shots of the interior, it looks SO lovely
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240402-213400~2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	18743 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240402-213316~2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	18744 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240402-213320~2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	18745

^

Very nice - thanks.

I noticed today they still don't have their sign up and that's nobody's fault but their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Very nice - thanks.

I noticed today they still don't have their sign up and that's nobody's fault but their own.
    I was actually driving past the area yesterday and was shocked there still wasn't any sign (or even a temporary banner). So it was an extra surprise when they posted those interior shots on insta! Maybe there are delays in the sign making as well? :/

Another mini update today from their insta..
    And I was checking comments, someone pointed out that they're showing up on Google now,
    so maybe that means they're really opening this month?

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 19-58-57 Tous les Jours OKC (@touslesjoursokc) • Instagram photos and v.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	18754

YES! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!
    Soft opening 4/19 @ 10am-5pm
    Grand Opening 4/20&21 @ 7am-8:30pm

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 13-37-52 Tous les Jours OKC (@touslesjoursokc) • Instagram photos and v.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	18757

I think a lot of people who are not familiar with this type of bakery, are going to very happy when they, 85 C and Paris Baguette start opening. The first time I went to bakery of this type, I was hooked!! It was 85C in Carrollton.

Just went to their "soft" opening. There were about 25-30 people in line this morning. Took me about 20 minutes to get through the line. Employees asking everyone how they found out about TLJ. Most everyone in line were Korean-Americans excited about having one here. The pastries and the ube latte I had were delicious.

LOL I also just got back from the soft opening
    Really didn't think too many people would show up but.. wow.
    The employees didn't seem prepared, but still did seem to do a decent job of refilling empty trays and collecting tongs.
    And I'm Korean, and thought it was more a mix of other Asians, but there was also a lot of Americans.

In all honesty, if you have time, I would go today. The grand opening weekend is gonna be crazy and I wouldn't be surprised if they run out of the grand opening goodies today (spend $25 you get a nice tote bag, $40 you get a cute mug, but not both ).

^

Thanks for the report.

Anxious to try it!

21. Default Re: Tous Les Jours

I decided to go during my lunch hour. I had a delicious egg salad sandwich and tried to get as many pastries as I could. They were clearly already running out of many of them. I got the tote bag, which has a thermal lining. Very nice! I will be back to try some of their desserts and coffee.

Name:	IMG_0213.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	18775 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0214.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	4.10 MB 
ID:	18776 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0215.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	3.77 MB 
ID:	18777 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0216.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	4.29 MB 
ID:	18778 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0218.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.14 MB 
ID:	18779 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0220.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	6.04 MB 
ID:	18780 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0221.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	8.27 MB 
ID:	18781 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0222.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	8.14 MB 
ID:	18782

I showed up at 7:00am Sunday morning and I was the first customer of the day. I had the place all to myself. Absolutely fantastic!

Thread Information