Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's coming in 2024

1. Default Re: What's coming in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Seeing Classen Grill on the list reminded me we need to check it out. After reading the reviews (a lot of bad ones that have enough detail to be totally valid) and seeing the menu (almost completely southwest and Central American), though, maybe not.... We like that type of food, but we can get that elsewhere, was thinking they'd have the standard breakfast stuff, but maybe they figured they can't be competitive with a menu like that - not sure they're going to be competitive at all if they don't step up their game, though.
    Jimmy's Egg is less than a block away. People who want a basic breakfast will likely go there first. Not sure Classen Grill needs to compete with anyone considering they will get those who don't want to wait at the Jimmy's egg. For me their menu is right up my alley and I live a mile away. If you consider the popularity of Cafe Antigua and Cafe Kacao, people really like a Central American breakfast. I would hit up Classen before Jimmy's any day. That being said, I like going to both.

2. Default Re: What's coming in 2024

"Later, Bye - Intimate bar by proprietors of Palo Santo, opening soon next to Harvey Bakery"

I think I am most excited to see what they come up with here! Great spot with great proprietors!

Default Re: What's coming in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Jimmy's Egg is less than a block away. People who want a basic breakfast will likely go there first. Not sure Classen Grill needs to compete with anyone considering they will get those who don't want to wait at the Jimmy's egg. For me their menu is right up my alley and I live a mile away. If you consider the popularity of Cafe Antigua and Cafe Kacao, people really like a Central American breakfast. I would hit up Classen before Jimmy's any day. That being said, I like going to both.
    Didn't know/had forgotten about Jimmy's there, we don't get to that area much, good point. But if you do a standard breakfast very well, you can steal Jimmy's customers easily. Since you said you like going to both, have you been to Classen Grill since they re-opened? If so, was your experience as bad as others have said it is? There's just way too many bad reviews for us to even consider taking a chance on it now (we loved going there until it fell off a cliff with bad service and bad food, (and worn-out interior)).

4. Default Re: What's coming in 2024

Didn't know/had forgotten about Jimmy's there, we don't get to that area much, good point. But if you do a standard breakfast very well, you can steal Jimmy's customers easily. Since you said you like going to both, have you been to Classen Grill since they re-opened? If so, was your experience as bad as others have said it is? There's just way too many bad reviews for us to even consider taking a chance on it now (we loved going there until it fell off a cliff with bad service and bad food, (and worn-out interior)).
    I haven't looked at the reviews yet. Let me go check them out. I have been once since it reopened and the service was pretty good and I had the loaded biscuit which I found tasty. I will have to go back for lunch or at least one more time to give it a full review.

5. Default Re: What's coming in 2024

It seems a fair amount of the bad reviews are the people who expected the Old Menu and the Old Prices. So I tried to just look at the ones from people who review often and those that added a little more context to the review. One it was clear the service needs to be better. The other was about vegetarian options not being up to snuff. A few have said the flavors are just not there. I think it is clear this will never be at the level of a Kacao, so those comparing the two should probably just keep to the places they already like. I will go back and see if this is just a problem with being inconsistent with their service and food. People need to use the website menu and read reviews before going, like you have done yourself, before just thinking this place is a regular old diner.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I’d add AKAI Izakaya coming to Wheeler. Based on the progress inside, I’d say they open in March. Maybe February.
    Of course since I posted this, it appears work has completely stopped on Akai. Not sure why, but it looks exactly the same as it did 1 month ago and I haven’t seen workers in there doing much.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Of course since I posted this, it appears work has completely stopped on Akai. Not sure why, but it looks exactly the same as it did 1 month ago and I haven’t seen workers in there doing much.
    Thanks for the update, although disappointing. Hopefully they get back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I didn’t know Mustang was getting a Cava, is it going in that new strip center by Walmart?
    It's actually at the Stacks. In OKC but Yukon mailing address.

Thread Information