Widgets Magazine

Thread: Boom! Chicken

Deep Deuce Boom! Chicken

New southern/Japanese chicken concept from Jonathon Stranger at One Table Hospitality opening January 11th at 4PM out of the Bar Cicchetti kitchen.

Oklahoman Article

2. Default Re: Boom! Chicken

“The word of the year is ‘simplify’. We’re keeping it delicious and fun while creating a brand customers can fall in love with — that’s our ultimate mission.” - Stranger

There is only one option on the menu that changes and it is how many pieces of chicken you get. This isn't too far from Dave's Hot Chicken. I would rather go there.

Default Re: Boom! Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    “The word of the year is ‘simplify’. We’re keeping it delicious and fun while creating a brand customers can fall in love with — that’s our ultimate mission.” - Stranger

There is only one option on the menu that changes and it is how many pieces of chicken you get. This isn't too far from Dave's Hot Chicken. I would rather go there.
    Looks like this is at least half the price of Dave's Hot Chicken though.

It must be in the Bar Chicchetti space, same address.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It must be in the Bar Chicchetti space, same address.
    yes ghost kitchen with a walk up window only serving to go

6. Default Re: Boom! Chicken

Tried it last night. Not my style, but I can see how it might work for that area and that style. The Chicken is gluten-free so no heavy breading. The chicken is pretty decent, but the sauces weren't that good to me. They had some set backs happening with the ordering, but they got the food ready pretty fast. Chef Stranger was on site to make sure things went well. I am pretty sure they had a great night, I wasn't the only one waiting on my order. I hope it succeeds, but I just don't think it is for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7693.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	6.04 MB 
ID:	18562 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7696.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	18563 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7698.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	4.10 MB 
ID:	18564 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7697.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	18565

Tried it last night. Not my style, but I can see how it might work for that area and that style. The Chicken is gluten-free so no heavy breading. The chicken is pretty decent, but the sauces weren't that good to me. They had some set backs happening with the ordering, but they got the food ready pretty fast. Chef Stranger was on site to make sure things went well. I am pretty sure they had a great night, I wasn't the only one waiting on my order. I hope it succeeds, but I just don't think it is for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7693.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	6.04 MB 
ID:	18562 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7696.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	18563 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7698.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	4.10 MB 
ID:	18564 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7697.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	18565
    what were your thought on size of the chicken / amount of the fries for the price?

8. Default Re: Boom! Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    what were your thought on size of the chicken / amount of the fries for the price?
    I think it is a lot of food for a good price. The 6 piece is plenty of chicken for one person and there are a lot of fries. You get both dipping sauces and the extra ones are only 50 cents. I The chicken can range from a big two-bite nugget to a small crispy one. The toast is massive and takes up most of the bottom of the to-go box. I was full with just the 7.99 meal.

I think it is a lot of food for a good price. The 6 piece is plenty of chicken for one person and there are a lot of fries. You get both dipping sauces and the extra ones are only 50 cents. I The chicken can range from a big two-bite nugget to a small crispy one. The toast is massive and takes up most of the bottom of the to-go box. I was full with just the 7.99 meal.
    thank you for the review ..

Tried this out. Ordered on the website and then went to pick it up. They told me they are in the process of getting some better lighting and a doorbell/light system that notifies when a customer is at the window/door for pickup. As of now, you have to go to Bar Cicchetti's host stand for pickup which is a little awkward.

The chicken was solid, nothing too unique about it, the breading was on a softer side. The boom dipping sauce is good, probably some type of thousand island dressing/mayo combo thing that you commonly see. Toast was something I haven't encountered before as it was almost like a dessert toast with sugar/cinnamon seasoning.

I got the largest order, which was 12 pieces and it was plenty for two people. Not bad for a quick grab and $15.

I couldn't get into the cinnamon toast. Everything else was good for the price. I'd probably still go to canes/slims, but good for the area.

Thread Information