Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    I just want an updated website that's not from 2010
    I would almost guarantee that this type of thing is what the rebrand will change. Don’t think the name is changing.

We are traveling this weekend to Florida. With the cancellations and delays the last several days, does anyone on her think that will all be accounted for come this weekend? Luckily we have a direct flight, but with so many delays due to weather, I wanted to ask.

3. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I would personally think you will be ok. with good weather airlines tend to get back on track fairly quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I would personally think you will be ok. with good weather airlines tend to get back on track fairly quickly
    I would hope so as well. We are traveling to Orlando, but it is through Southwest and I know the weather a year or so ago reeked havoc on their travel for weeks. I would hope it wouldn't do the same thing.

5. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    “International” or “World” will absolutely be in the updated name…..especially with the new CBP facility and push for international routes.

Dallas-Fort Worth INTERNATIONAL Airport
    Austin Bergstrom INTERNATIONAL Airport
    Kansas City INTERNATIONAL Airport
    St Louis Lambert INTERNATIONAL Airport
    George Bush INTERCONTINENTAL Airport
    I said World would be dropped. I didn't say International wouldn't be the replacement.

We probably should be posting at the Will Rogers World Airport thread, not this one.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

6. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

New routes aside, I would like to see Alaska run 2x a day to Seattle. Maybe a 7-8am flight there, then a 3-5pm flight back.

I'm going to a wedding there in July just outside of Seattle. We get in around 530pm which is just fine with me. However, the n/s flight at 8:55am on a Sunday is just brutal. Really cuts the weekend short. Plus, it's $494/person one way. If you want to leave on Monday its $919!! OOOF.

Does anyone know how full their planes are flying and if it might be worth adding another one?

New routes aside, I would like to see Alaska run 2x a day to Seattle. Maybe a 7-8am flight there, then a 3-5pm flight back.

I'm going to a wedding there in July just outside of Seattle. We get in around 530pm which is just fine with me. However, the n/s flight at 8:55am on a Sunday is just brutal. Really cuts the weekend short. Plus, it's $494/person one way. If you want to leave on Monday its $919!! OOOF.

Does anyone know how full their planes are flying and if it might be worth adding another one?
    We did the flight from OKC to Seattle back in July to go on an Alaskan Cruise out of Vancouver. We are used to flying SW, so we picked our seats ahead of time and then told my parents about the flight in case they wanted to do the same thing. They looked at it two weeks later and only middle seats were available. If it wasn't completely full, it was at least 95% full.

You can ballpark it. Take the number of passengers they enplane/deplane from the monthly data, and divide it up by the # of days in the month since they only fly once a day. Their planes hold either 178 pax (737-900) or 159 pax (737-800). Course there could also be the occasional cancellation that throws things off a bit, but it gives a rough estimate. Agreed that a second one, even on a smaller ERJ, would be nice.

So, for example, in December (an admittedly busy month), they had an average of 137 pax on the OKC-SEA leg and 128 pax on the SEA-OKC leg, assuming no cancellations in December.

9. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    You can ballpark it. Take the number of passengers they enplane/deplane from the monthly data, and divide it up by the # of days in the month since they only fly once a day. Their planes hold either 178 pax (737-900) or 159 pax (737-800). Course there could also be the occasional cancellation that throws things off a bit, but it gives a rough estimate. Agreed that a second one, even on a smaller ERJ, would be nice.

So, for example, in December (an admittedly busy month), they had an average of 137 pax on the OKC-SEA leg and 128 pax on the SEA-OKC leg, assuming no cancellations in December.
    Thanks!

I've only been on the 737-800 every time I have flown it so I assume that's the one to go off of. Looks like both inbound and outbound are over 80% occupancy, which I would assume is pretty good? With the return prices the way they are I'm not surprised they had a down month compared to the year before. Much cheaper to have a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    We did the flight from OKC to Seattle back in July to go on an Alaskan Cruise out of Vancouver. We are used to flying SW, so we picked our seats ahead of time and then told my parents about the flight in case they wanted to do the same thing. They looked at it two weeks later and only middle seats were available. If it wasn't completely full, it was at least 95% full.
    You can't really tell anything from the seat availability maps online because airlines hide seats to try to get people to pay for upgrades.

People are fleeing OKC apparently.

Didn't they already up gauge the route? I am pretty sure it was an ERJ-175 when the route started.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    People are fleeing OKC apparently.

Didn't they already up gauge the route? I am pretty sure it was an ERJ-175 when the route started.
    It was! And honestly the 2-2 configuration in those really isn't bad for the 4 hours up there, a lot better than CRJs.

It was! And honestly the 2-2 configuration in those really isn't bad for the 4 hours up there, a lot better than CRJs.
    Yeah, I really enjoy flying on the ERJ-175s, by far the best regional jet. Probably better than 737 and A320 Family as well. CRJs are the worst regional jets, but at least they aren't an ATR.

14. Post Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Airbus A220 is probably the best rj, if it's even considered an rj.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I don't think it is really considered an RJ, as it is operated by mainline and the size of the small 737s. I've never flown on one, but I have a friend that works on them and talk about how many issues they have. Lots of corrosion issues, even though they are less than 6 years old.

16. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Finally got to try one last summer, CDG-BER on AF. I was impressed with the comfortable layout (2-2 abreast) and roominess of the whole cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Finally got to try one last summer, CDG-BER on AF. I was impressed with the comfortable layout (2-2 abreast) and roominess of the whole cabin.
    It seems the A220 is in a 3-2 layout for all the airlines.
    I’m not sure we have seen one in OKC yet. Maybe Delta will put it on the Atlanta line.

18. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    It seems the A220 is in a 3-2 layout for all the airlines.
    I’m not sure we have seen one in OKC yet. Maybe Delta will put it on the Atlanta line.
    Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought it was 2-2. Well, regardless it felt very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought it was 2-2. Well, regardless it felt very comfortable.
    That is an option, but most airlines seem only to do a 2-2 configuration with it in premium seating.

There are some arguments for it for airlines trying to position themselves as a premium service or maybe have some percentage of their fleet more comfortable that service longer routes, however this is against the trend in the industry overall on passenger space.

Best regional jet to operate out of OKC was United's CRJ550...killed off by COVID and never returned as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Dearborn View Post
    Best regional jet to operate out of OKC was United's CRJ550...killed off by COVID and never returned as far as I know.
    It’s the most tolerable CRJ. I thought I was on one from OKC to O’Hare back in October.

On January 8, AA changed aircraft at SWO from CRJ-700 to ERJ-170. A small change, but nice for those flying via SWO. I haven't flown out of there in over a year, but continue to hear good things.
    A legitimate new terminal and new access roads expected in the next 3-5 years.

My wish list for every airline:
    Delta - JFK (followed by BOS, DTW)
    United - EWR (followed by IAD, SFO)
    American - JFK (followed by PHL)
    Southwest - TPA
    Air Canada - YYZ (OKC, MEM, MKE are the only 3 NBA cities without a flight. CBP is in YYZ so it's a "domestic" flight)

24. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

most of those are just restoration of the airline hubs. Imagine what our numbers would be if OKC had flights to all of the airline hubs, we had 4.3 million without it.

although true that Toronto has CBP, OKC will have FIS soon too - so the flight could go either way. I suspect OKC will have flights to Mexico/Latin America first for international.

Here is January's Enplanement report: https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

Looks like modest growth from last January, 2.70% higher. Southwest (and Frontier of all airlines) leading the way. Not crazy growth, but growth nonetheless.

Thread Information