Widgets Magazine

Thread: Liberty Park East

Edmond Liberty Park East

In addition to the original Liberty Park mixed use that already passed the Edmond Planning Commission as well as City Council, there is a proposed mixed use covering more then 300 ac in 2 parcels on Sooner rd both north and south of Coffee Creek. This will be located on the west side of Sooner. It passed the Edmond Planning Commission Tues. night with only one person asking a question (about existing power lines) and no opposition. I am not sure of the date that it will before the city council but it looks to not have any opposition at this time. Between the original Liberty Park and this East will be a big thing for Edmond. I just want to put this out here. They will have bike and walking paths that will at some point interconnect to ones that will lead to Lake Arcadia.

Default Re: Liberty Park East

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    In addition to the original Liberty Park mixed use that already passed the Edmond Planning Commission as well as City Council, there is a proposed mixed use covering more then 300 ac in 2 parcels on Sooner rd both north and south of Coffee Creek. This will be located on the west side of Sooner. It passed the Edmond Planning Commission Tues. night with only one person asking a question (about existing power lines) and no opposition. I am not sure of the date that it will before the city council but it looks to not have any opposition at this time. Between the original Liberty Park and this East will be a big thing for Edmond. I just want to put this out here. They will have bike and walking paths that will at some point interconnect to ones that will lead to Lake Arcadia.
    Really hope this development happens as listed!

I watched the Planning Commission meeting. No push back at all. The members seemed very happy with the developers and made mention that they have been working with neighboring property owners in the area. It would seem to me that this will easily sail through counsel. I am just surprised that there has not been more talk about this. This along with around 160 ac, I will have to go back and check the exact size of Liberty Park is going to be a huge huge mixed use development. I dont know if they have more land and more parts to the whole thing. Folks who have been talking about Edmond not letting in or the nimbys shut things down, here is a big one coming. This is much larger then any that have been proposed in the past and failed. Lets talk about this.

I watched the Planning Commission meeting. No push back at all. The members seemed very happy with the developers and made mention that they have been working with neighboring property owners in the area. It would seem to me that this will easily sail through counsel. I am just surprised that there has not been more talk about this. This along with around 160 ac, I will have to go back and check the exact size of Liberty Park is going to be a huge huge mixed use development. I dont know if they have more land and more parts to the whole thing. Folks who have been talking about Edmond not letting in or the nimbys shut things down, here is a big one coming. This is much larger then any that have been proposed in the past and failed. Lets talk about this.
    It is different. This doesn't have the potential to have upscale retail like Spring Creek's extension development did. This is a great HOUSING development (which is what it 85% is). No one in Edmond minds more houses. But add retail, or true mixed-use (like OAK or Legacy West or Shops at Legacy), and it will get reamed and railed over and over and over again.

For those interested, here is the link to the planning commission meeting.

https://edmondok.new.swagit.com/videos/281728

Here are also the associated documents (links) listed within the agenda.

https://destinyhosted.com/edmondocs/...D21%2D2023.pdf
    https://destinyhosted.com/edmondocs/...5F11.21.23.pdf

Thank you for posting this. I am older and not that computer savey.

Thread Information