Widgets Magazine

Thread: Britton/Rockwell construction

Northwest OKC Britton/Rockwell construction

North of the Sonic they have tarped off a perimeter, so it looks like dirt work is about to begin. The 7/11 on the corner also has dug up their gas pumps.

Not sure if they are connected because there is a vet in between. Does anyone know what may be happening ?

Default Re: Britton/Rockwell construction

It's more parking and a fenced-in area for the Rockwell Pet Clinic to the north.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's more parking and a fenced-in area for the Rockwell Pet Clinic to the north.
    Thank you.
    Do you know if the 7/11 is going away or just going pumpless?

4. Default Re: Britton/Rockwell construction

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Thank you.
    Do you know if the 7/11 is going away or just going pumpless?
    I've wondered that myself. If it was going away I would think they would have closed already instead of staying open when it's very difficult to get in and out. I also don't know why they'd do away with the pumps. I live pretty close and never got gas there because the pumps were almost always too busy.

I'm guessing 7-11 has an issue with tanks at some OKC locations and are changing them out. The Hefner and N. May location had the tanks dug out when I was last by there a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I'm guessing 7-11 has an issue with tanks at some OKC locations and are changing them out. The Hefner and N. May location had the tanks dug out when I was last by there a week ago.
    The tanks probably just hit the end of their normal lifespan, many of the other sites with that old a pump configuration had a new station build to replace it years ago. However this location already has a 7/11 a mile away in three directions, and a small enough property can not really put in what is now normal sized fueling area.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    The tanks probably just hit the end of their normal lifespan, many of the other sites with that old a pump configuration had a new station build to replace it years ago. However this location already has a 7/11 a mile away in three directions, and a small enough property can not really put in what is now normal sized fueling area.
    Right, and they are landbound on all sides, so no ability to scrape and rebuild as they have done elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks for all the info

I never used them either as they looked always broken and too busy

9. Default Re: Britton/Rockwell construction

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    This project is different from May & Hefner. There the tanks were dug up, replaced and the fill caps, venting lines, etc. are clearly visible. The Rockwell store dug up the old tanks and refilled the hole with no plumbing that I can see.

So the tanks/pumps are not coming back because this location is closing Nov 29th per the staff.
    Bye bye tiny old time 7/11.

11. Default Re: Britton/Rockwell construction

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    So the tanks/pumps are not coming back because this location is closing Nov 29th per the staff.
    Bye bye tiny old time 7/11.
    When I was a kid this use to be a regular spot for me. My Father Owned a Dry Cleaners in the Pet Clinic building in the 80's. My best friend and I use to ride our bikes to this one to get candy! Oh well.

Thread Information