Widgets Magazine

Thread: Coach Prime

Default Coach Prime

In watching the late night Colorado and Stanford football game it just started sounding so contrived for the announcers to only refer to Deion Sanders as "Coach Prime". Not a big deal but it was like finger nails on a chalk board to me. It's like the producers told the announcers to do that.

Default Re: Coach Prime

Nothing made me happier than seeing Stanford come back and beat them. Those Colorado fans are the worst, and the announcers might as well have been on the Colorado payroll.

Obviously the "Not ready for prime time football team"

I thought the announcers did a decent job of giving Stanford credit when they deserved it, there just wasn’t much to say until the 3rd quarter. Still doesn’t change how tiring it is to hear them talk about Colorado like they’re Washington but if the game is entertaining the way it was, I find I can ignore it for the most part.

Elic Ayomanor looked like an absolute nightmare as the game went on. That catch in OT pinning it against Hunter’s helmet while backpedaling at full speed into the end zone was some schoolyard stuff. His performance was the closest to the “f**k it, Tyreek down there somewhere” meme I’ve ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    I thought the announcers did a decent job of giving Stanford credit when they deserved it, there just wasn’t much to say until the 3rd quarter. Still doesn’t change how tiring it is to hear them talk about Colorado like they’re Washington but if the game is entertaining the way it was, I find I can ignore it for the most part.

Elic Ayomanor looked like an absolute nightmare as the game went on. That catch in OT pinning it against Hunter’s helmet while backpedaling at full speed into the end zone was some schoolyard stuff. His performance was the closest to the “f**k it, Tyreek down there somewhere” meme I’ve ever seen.

They were praising the Buffs defense after they had a 97 yard TD against them, then a 60 yard td on them, by the same WR for Stanford. Just saying how physical and fast they were, constantly. And how amazing Shadeur is. I have no personal problem with Colorado, just get tired of announcers making them out to be some elite program, when they are just a bit better than last year's 1 win team, so any progress is good. But they aren't elite.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    They were praising the Buffs defense after they had a 97 yard TD against them, then a 60 yard td on them, by the same WR for Stanford. Just saying how physical and fast they were, constantly. And how amazing Shadeur is. I have no personal problem with Colorado, just get tired of announcers making them out to be some elite program, when they are just a bit better than last year's 1 win team, so any progress is good. But they aren't elite.
    To be fair, even elite defenses can break down on any given play if the wrong person makes a mistake at the wrong time. Long touchdowns on broken plays has been a thing since before forward passes were allowed. Stanford’s offense hadn’t really done much prior to those plays, so to that point it seemed like Colorado’s defense had been doing well, but Stanford’s offense really established themselves after that.

I’m not trying to defend the media - they’ve been the real MVP for Colorado - or imply the defense did play well, but I understand the comments in context. I agree with everything else you said.

I went to bed hearing CU was ahead 23 - 0 in the 3rd quarter and found out they lost this afternoon.

I do dislike much of how Sanders handled those he "fired" from their scholarships but at the same time l do like how he pushes his players to be not just good players but good people. In many ways he is a very confusing person.

Not sure how long he will hang around in Boulder, but it seems obvious he will pull some big talent and provide a much needed spark for the big 12 in a period where the conference really needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Not sure how long he will hang around in Boulder, but it seems obvious he will pull some big talent and provide a much needed spark for the big 12 in a period where the conference really needs it.
    The Big 12 is very thankful they are bringing in CU and Utah next year

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I went to bed hearing CU was ahead 23 - 0 in the 3rd quarter and found out they lost this afternoon.

I do dislike much of how Sanders handled those he "fired" from their scholarships but at the same time l do like how he pushes his players to be not just good players but good people. In many ways he is a very confusing person.
    it was 29-0 at half time

11. Default Re: Coach Prime

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    it was 29-0 at half time
    You are correct.

Thread Information