Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunset Amphitheater

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mustang Creek Crossing

19.6% return on investment? Plus concerts? That's awesome! Sign me up!

/s

This is being advertised like it is a REIT, though REITs already have income producing commercial properties in them. It actually seems like a type of crowdfunding. Very odd indeed.

They already have plenty of projects fully funded. If OKC can't match what a Gainesville, GA or Colorado Springs, CO did, then we don't deserve this. No developers have tried to put an amphitheater in town until Notes did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, I checked Google Earth and they have started construction.

However, something seems off here... Remember, Relax Park was finished and opened before it collapsed in lawsuits; it's now just weeds.

Hope this all works out but I'll be keeping a close watch.
    I will say...if they can manage to get an amphitheater completed before it collapses in lawsuits, that still might not be a terrible outcome for OKC if a more reputable company can take it over from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I will say...if they can manage to get an amphitheater completed before it collapses in lawsuits, that still might not be a terrible outcome for OKC if a more reputable company can take it over from there.
    This post was unnecessarily nihilistic and vague on my part (what can I say, it is Monday Morning after all), so let me just add on to it and say that the tackiness of the advertising has me more convinced than ever that this is at least scam-adjacent, and will in fact most likely collapse in lawsuits if it ever gets going. Certainly not something I'd be investing money in if I had anywhere close to the net worth needed to buy into in this project, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    This post was unnecessarily nihilistic and vague on my part (what can I say, it is Monday Morning after all), so let me just add on to it and say that the tackiness of the advertising has me more convinced than ever that this is at least scam-adjacent, and will in fact most likely collapse in lawsuits if it ever gets going. Certainly not something I'd be investing money in if I had anywhere close to the net worth needed to buy into in this project, lol.
    But, if the building gets built, then someone will manage it. Either Notes, or Live Nation. Or some other group. I think the manner is weird, yes. But I don't think weird automatically means fraud.

Would it be accurate to say that all these people are doing is just gauging the demand for this sort of venue in OKC? Because it seems like they have successfully built these types of venues in other cities. So why do people think it must be crowdfunding here or some sort of scam?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Would it be accurate to say that all these people are doing is just gauging the demand for this sort of venue in OKC? Because it seems like they have successfully built these types of venues in other cities. So why do people think it must be crowdfunding here or some sort of scam?
    I've talked to someone pretty close to the situation and they indicated a pretty strong demand already.

9. Default Re: Mustang Creek Crossing

Please provide one example from the 'larger markets'. I never saw anything like this in 25 years in Los Angeles.
    perhaps I should alter my statement to say, many large developments advertise in newspapers in larger markets. Most in Seattle are for highrise residential, so I agree an ampitheatre is a little unusual but advertising for investors is not.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Anything new on this? A venue like this is long overdue for a metro our size. Construction is already underway on the company's Colorado Springs facility. Here's a link to its progress. https://www.kktv.com/2023/08/16/suns...loser-opening/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LRSooner View Post
    Anything new on this? A venue like this is long overdue for a metro our size. Construction is already underway on the company's Colorado Springs facility. Here's a link to its progress. https://www.kktv.com/2023/08/16/suns...loser-opening/
    I'm sorry, but that does NOT say construction is underway. All it says is that the company has filed applications for 12 construction permits covering $24 million in work.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    I'm sorry, but that does NOT say construction is underway. All it says is that the company has filed applications for 12 construction permits covering $24 million in work.
    I checked Google Earth and as of April, they were moving dirt at the Colorado Springs location.

Has anybody checked into the cost of "ownership" of the Firepit Suites ??

Quote Originally Posted by Huenokc View Post
    Has anybody checked into the cost of "ownership" of the Firepit Suites ??
    A little information is here if it applies to all of their locations. It looks like they are all sold in Colorado Springs.

https://noteslive.vip/properties/sun...re-pit-suites/

"One time lease execution fee of $200,000 due at inception of lease with no additional costs"

From another website is this.

"There are 202 luxury suites available for lifetime ownership investment in The Sunset Amphitheater at Mustang Creek. Now is your chance to be a part of a solid, real estate anchored investment and diversify your portfolio. All 8-person luxury fire pit suites can be secured with at $200,000 non-refundable down payment and 4-person luxury suites can be secure with a $100,000 non-refundable down payment. The remaining balance is due 30-days before the amphitheater’s opening concert.

Notes Live is seeking qualified investors that enjoy outstanding live music accompanied by great food and beverage. Participants must have income in excess of $200,000 individually or $300,000 income as a couple in each of the prior two years, or a net worth exceeding $1 million (excluding your primary residence)."

$200,000 is the down payment. Any idea was is due 30 days later ?? Thanks for the info !!

Quote Originally Posted by Huenokc View Post
    $200,000 is the down payment. Any idea was is due 30 days later ?? Thanks for the info !!

"One time lease execution fee of $200,000 due at inception of lease with no additional costs"

If this is true ?

17. Default Re: Mustang Creek Crossing

So many questions here.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So many questions here.
    For sure.

I think some are just confusing the questions with being negative about it. It's not really even clear how the 19% target return would be generated. Sounds like maybe a rev share, but there's no real track record and that would totally depend on how that share is structured.

Unfortunately, it sounds like that information only comes after providing financials. I'm curious, but not that curious.

^

I wonder how many people are sending in their financial information from an ad in the newspaper?

This whole thing is either brilliant or dodgy... Time will tell.

^

I wonder how many people are sending in their financial information from an ad in the newspaper?

This whole thing is either brilliant or dodgy... Time will tell.
    Or, it could be brilliant and dodgy...

Personally, I typically don't have $200,000 to invest in an amphitheater fire-pit rev-share lease agreement, but when I do, I check the newspaper ads.

They are performing some very serious work at the Colorado Springs location. I can't speak of the proposed locations including OKC and Tulsa, but it seems like the Colorado Springs location is not a scam with the concrete foundations for the stage going in and the massive hill they have constructed.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    ... the Colorado Springs location is not a scam with the concrete foundations for the stage going in and the massive hill they have constructed.
    It could get built and still be a scam.

Timeshares get built all the time.

But for those that aren't investing and just want to see a new amphitheater get built, actual work in CS is a good sign for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post

But for those that aren't investing and just want to see a new amphitheater get built, actual work in CS is a good sign for sure.
    If an amphitheater gets built, it will be used. Whether by this group or Live Nation. It won't be empty if built.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post

That fair, the entire thing could be a scam as you do need a proof of concept to get people to put more money in. I don’t think it sounds like an intentional scam, but I could definitely see myself drinking some margaritas and eating nachos while watching an American Greed episode about it in a few years.

25. Default Re: Mustang Creek Crossing

This ad showed up on Facebook the other day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5946.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	18249

Thread Information