Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 19 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunset Amphitheater

Far West Sunset Amphitheater

They are trying to raise investment funds for this site but also Tulsa and a bunch of others around the country:

https://noteslive.vip/properties/okcsunset/

The Sunset Amphitheater at Mustang Creek will be a state-of-the-art outdoor amphitheater located in Oklahoma City, with a total capacity of 12,000, comprised of 120 eight-person VIP fire pit suites available for lifetime purchase, 12 super suites, lower and upper bowl fixed seating, and a general admission lawn. Each fire pit suite will feature a natural gas-powered fire pit and fully configurable seats with abundant room for food and beverages, to make for an exceptional and private environment to take in a show. The amenity-rich fire pit suites offer incredible views of the stage. To elevate the experience even further, they will include high-touch service for food and beverage before and during the show. The Sunset Amphitheater at Mustang Creek will be the most luxurious and hospitality focused music venue in Oklahoma City.

2. Default Re: Mustang Creek Crossing

I am sure this will spur the City of Oklahoma City to invest additional funds at The Zoo Amphitheatre. Can't have those tax dollars running off to Mustang. Competition is good, though.

Default Re: Mustang Creek Crossing

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I am sure this will spur the City of Oklahoma City to invest additional funds at The Zoo Amphitheatre. Can't have those tax dollars running off to Mustang. Competition is good, though.
    This is in Oklahoma City. Mustang is 6 miles South.

Hopefully, it will close the Zoo amphitheater and the land can revert back to the zoo.

4. Default Re: Mustang Creek Crossing

Mustang Creek Crossing is in Oklahoma City

Nice!! Hope this happens

The zoo has no interest in the zoo amphitheater. They have released conceptional long term plans in the past that show it redeveloped.

Quote Originally Posted by caaokc View Post
    Nice!! Hope this happens
    Yeah me too. I'm a little bit nervous that there were several announced at one time and their trying to obtain financing for all of them. Makes me think their just throwing out multiple location and they will go with the ones that have a lot of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Yeah me too. I'm a little bit nervous that there were several announced at one time and their trying to obtain financing for all of them. Makes me think their just throwing out multiple location and they will go with the ones that have a lot of interest.
    Yes, I wouldn't get too excited.

They are trying to do similar projects in multiple cities and have yet to open a venue.

Shades of that one Block 405 "development" that was a scam. Hope this is real and happens but really skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, I wouldn't get too excited.

They are trying to do similar projects in multiple cities and have yet to open a venue.
    They've at least recently broken ground in Colorado Springs.

https://www.kktv.com/2023/07/12/it-i...-break-ground/

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Mustang Creek Crossing is in Oklahoma City
    Yeah it really annoys me when this area is referred to as Mustang, This area all has a Yukon address and considering it's like 1 mile since the city limits, that's completely fair to me. A lot of things in this area are named after the Mustang Creek that runs through the area down to Mustang, which is also why the town is called Mustang.

I say this because I actually work in Mustang proper, and when ordering at Wendy's the other day I made a mistake of ordering at the location up near Yukon (by this Mustang Creek development) because they are calling that their second Mustang location. If they want to keep the Mustang name at least call it Mustang Creek so it won't be confused with actual businesses in Mustang.

They just received zoning approval for their Sunset Amphitheater in Colorado Springs. I know there was typical nimby backlash of noise traffic and parking but it seems to have the green light. It’s being located in a Chisholm Creek type development.

Odd location for this. I like there concept location for Tulsa a lot better. Would be cooler if they could do something like that in OKC: https://noteslive.vip/properties/oklahoma/tulsasunset/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	18149

Blog Entries

Far West Outdoor 12,000 seat amphitheater planned for west Oklahoma City

A Colorado-based music venue and hospitality company has announced they have signed an agreement to purchase land in far west Oklahoma City with the planned purpose of constructing a large outdoor amphitheater.

The land is located in the Mustang Creek Crossing development, in an area of far west Oklahoma City, between Yukon and Mustang,

Link: https://www.kosu.org/music/2023-07-1...-oklahoma-city

KOCO-TV 5 reports: https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...-live/44568679

KOKH-TV 25 reports: https://okcfox.com/news/local/oklaho...gs-murfeesboro

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Odd location for this.
    Nah, a lot of these amphitheaters aren't in downtown, urban areas, and are in the suburbs. See Houston's amphitheater in The Woodlands or Austin's in the suburbs. Or Kansas City's. Or Boston's. Or Portland's. Or Sacramento's. Or St. Louis'. Or Denver's. I can keep going, but the location fits other amphitheaters like this, IMO.

This has a weird vibe to it. Seems aspirational of the company to scale in to metros as some kind of growth business concept. I'd like to see them actually have the ability to show some operational competency at some level before I think this will actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    This has a weird vibe to it. Seems aspirational of the company to scale in to metros as some kind of growth business concept. I'd like to see them actually have the ability to show some operational competency at some level before I think this will actually happen.
    Yeah it feels like they are just testing the waters in multiple markets to see if they can shake loose some investors or public financing. But I bet in ten years (maybe in 2!) we forgot that anyone even proposed such a thing.

Blog Entries

Odd location for this. I like there concept location for Tulsa a lot better. Would be cooler if they could do something like that in OKC: https://noteslive.vip/properties/oklahoma/tulsasunset/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	18149
    Looks like they want to take all of River West Festival Park. Have they told the city or Riverparks Authority about this?

This will never happen, I cannot imagine the firestorm that would come from messing with Riverparks. Well, actually I can from when REI tried to open a store in a mostly unused area of Riverparks at 71st and Riverside. REI lost that fight and are now building a mile west at the base of Turkey Mountain outside of the park. This would be worse, much worse. You would be messing with Oktoberfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Looks like they want to take all of River West Festival Park. Have they told the city or Riverparks Authority about this?

This will never happen, I cannot imagine the firestorm that would come from messing with Riverparks. Well, actually I can from when REI tried to open a store in a mostly unused area of Riverparks at 71st and Riverside. REI lost that fight and are now building a mile west at the base of Turkey Mountain outside of the park. This would be worse, much worse. You would be messing with Oktoberfest.
    Lol, chill. it’s a rendering showing a concept…did you even open the link… literally nothing else there? Obviously it’s not the confirmed or final location. Of course the city wouldn’t sell river park land. I would guess they want to put it up in the hills west of the refinery and rail yard that have a cool view of a view of downtown. Always thought that would be a cool spot for something like this if someone could acquire the land especially since Tulsa has no real outdoor concert venue

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Nah, a lot of these amphitheaters aren't in downtown, urban areas, and are in the suburbs. See Houston's amphitheater in The Woodlands or Austin's in the suburbs. Or Kansas City's. Or Boston's. Or Portland's. Or Sacramento's. Or St. Louis'. Or Denver's. I can keep going, but the location fits other amphitheaters like this, IMO.
    Yes…not downtown but often not in a non-descript field near neighborhoods.

Blog Entries

Far West Re: Mustang Creek Crossing

Roth describes the amphitheater as “world-class.” The venue will hold 5,000 more people than the Oklahoma City Zoo Amphitheatre.
    Journal Record: https://journalrecord.com/2023/07/18...lfry@yahoo.com

This location has great highway access and a lot of suburbanites don't want to bother going into the heart of the city for every event. It could do well here. The real issue is the fact that this developer looks shady. Announcing multiple projects at the same time with the same stock design plastered in new locations while looking for investors - it smells like a scam.

Yes…not downtown but often not in a non-descript field near neighborhoods.
    It's on a turnpike. Easy enough to get to, IMO.

On the plus side, those fire pits will sell out soon. I am reasonably confident in that.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    It's on a turnpike. Easy enough to get to, IMO.

On the plus side, those fire pits will sell out soon. I am reasonably confident in that.
    I'll be very concerned about the chances of this going forward if they really are relying on selling the fire pits as the main investment vehicle. I'd expect most of these shows to be held when it's 80+ degrees outside.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I'll be very concerned about the chances of this going forward if they really are relying on selling the fire pits as the main investment vehicle. I'd expect most of these shows to be held when it's 80+ degrees outside.
    They aren't...just saying that they will.

And I doubt the fire pits have to be lit. Just basically reserved areas for groups.

Thread Information