Widgets Magazine

Thread: Non La Cafe (SW104th/S. May)

Default Non La Cafe (SW104th/S. May)

New vietnamese place that just opened in SW OKC in the shopping center where Crest is located. Went last night for dinner. Not a very extensive menu but still plenty to choose from. We had the fried paperplane spring rolls, braised pork bao bao, several different Udons and a pho. All were excellent. The braised pork bao bao was made from pork belly and was slightly spicy with a hint of sweetness. The meat melted in your mouth. My filet udon shocked me as I don't necessarily expect a really high quality filet. I was wrong here. The chunks of filet were moist and tender with great flavor that balanced well with the spices in the sauce. My daughter who is a pho fanatic said it is the second best pho she has had. I tried it and it had great flavor but hard for me to judge as I add all the fixings and she does not. My son had the lemon grass beef udon and was very happy with it until he had my filet. Both are outstanding but the filet versus what I was guessing round steak isn't a fair comparison. My wife had the chicken udon and it was similar to mine with strips of chargrilled chicken breast. We all took leftovers home.

They offer vegetarian options. Currently no alcohol is served but they indicated they may add wine and beer, My only dislike was the chopsticks are unwrapped and just stuck en masse in a cafe de monde coffee can on the table, We requested they bring us fresh chopsticks and it was no issue. Service was quick, cheerful and the server was quirky with a great personality. Restaurant was clean, bright and cheery. Great addition to the area. Will be in our rotation.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/n%C3%B3n-l%...-oklahoma-city

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	udon.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	351.2 KB 
ID:	18327

Default Re: Non La Cafe (SW104th/S. May)

i have been meaning to check this place out and will definitely put it on the short list based on that review.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	333.4 KB 
ID:	18328

It's the same operator as Magasin Table that used to be in the 8th Street Market.

Super nice guy and I always liked the food.

Leon does pretty good work. If you liked Magasin, you should like this place. If you haven't been to Magasin, I thought they had some of the better pho in the city. It's my favorite anyway.

Thread Information