Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Sandwich Shoppe

1. Film Exchange Royal Sandwich Shoppe

They just added a new sign to this corner. Looks like they are getting close. I believe Pete said this is the same owner at Glamour?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5830.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	18238

Default Re: Royal Sandwich Shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    They just added a new sign to this corner. Looks like they are getting close. I believe Pete said this is the same owner at Glamour?

Name:	IMG_5830.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	18238
    Yes, same owners.

Opens Sept. 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, same owners.

Opens Sept. 5th.
    Pete - have you heard anything re: menu? Considering they're about to open you'd think they'd release things like that.

So it will be a french Mc Donalds with a name like that ?

Quote Originally Posted by CitySooner View Post
    Pete - have you heard anything re: menu? Considering they're about to open you'd think they'd release things like that.
    Working on it.

Very nautical! Fish sandwiches perhaps?

A Royale with cheese does sound rather appetizing. Good addition to film row, hope they find success.

Quote Originally Posted by macchiato View Post
    A Royale with cheese does sound rather appetizing.
    i'm holding out for a big kahuna burger myself.

10. Default Re: Royal Sandwich Shoppe

a 'Durwood Kirby Burger' sounds Perfectamundo! Bret!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    So it will be a french Mc Donalds with a name like that ?
    La boutique for French. Shoppe for English

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    La boutique for French. Shoppe for English
    I was referring to the "Royal sandwich" part.

Maybe there will be a Krabby Patty!

Blog Entries

I was referring to the "Royal sandwich" part.
    So, "Le Royale Sandwich" then.

Sorry... couldn't help myself. Just funnin ya.

So, "Le Royale Sandwich" then.

Sorry... couldn't help myself. Just funnin ya.

No !

Le sandwich royal (masculine)
    La baguette royale (feminine)

and that was your free French lesson for today.

Blog Entries

No !

Le sandwich royal (masculine)
    La baguette royale (feminine)

and that was your free French lesson for today.
    Very good. And, I believe in the French language, sandwich is generally masculine.

Very good. And, I believe in the French language, sandwich is generally masculine.
    I asked some of my French friends. This is correct.

He also said they love the "sandwich au gens bons", and if you spoke French, that is a mildly funny joke.
    Last edited by T. Jamison; 08-31-2023 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added a lil jokey joke

18. Default Re: Royal Sandwich Shoppe

Went in for lunch today. I like their simple menu and reasonable prices. I got the Monte Crissanto with some Baked Potato Salad and a cookie. I thought all of it was delicious. I need to go back for that Reuben.

Name:	IMG_6703.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	4.65 MB 
ID:	18344 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6701.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	18345 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6697.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	4.69 MB 
ID:	18346 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6699.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	18347 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6700.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	4.33 MB 
ID:	18348

Name:	royal menu.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	18349

We looked high and low for their menu the other day and couldn't find it anywhere. It is not on their website which isn't built out, not on their google page, not on their main facebook page nor yelp. Finally found it in one of the FB comments where someone asked them to post menu and they did in their response comment. Seems that would have been a clue to post it in a primary forum where people can find it. Anyway....here it is. Looks reasonable and we will probably check it out this week now that we have a menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post

Name:	royal menu.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	18349

We looked high and low for their menu the other day and couldn't find it anywhere. It is not on their website which isn't built out, not on their google page, not on their main facebook page nor yelp. Finally found it in one of the FB comments where someone asked them to post menu and they did in their response comment. Seems that would have been a clue to post it in a primary forum where people can find it. Anyway....here it is. Looks reasonable and we will probably check it out this week now that we have a menu.
    They asked me not to cover them because they are afraid of getting overwhelmed.

They have high standards and don't want to come out of the gate and not be able to deliver.

All their food looks fantastic.

I stopped by tonight. Ordered the lobster roll, and I'm now a believer in it. Last one was cousins maine lobster food truck. It was mayo, lobster, and an over buttered roll. I know a lot of peopel like lobster, but I didn't see any of the parts compliment each other.

In this sandwich the butter came on the side, and the lobster was seasoned/garnished. Very excited for a sandwich place since scotties opened, and looking forward to trying the other sandwiches I had my eye on (italian and reuben)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mWaXyrvDaNdz6npPA

22. Default Re: Royal Sandwich Shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I stopped by tonight. Ordered the lobster roll, and I'm now a believer in it. Last one was cousins maine lobster food truck. It was mayo, lobster, and an over buttered roll. I know a lot of peopel like lobster, but I didn't see any of the parts compliment each other.

In this sandwich the butter came on the side, and the lobster was seasoned/garnished. Very excited for a sandwich place since scotties opened, and looking forward to trying the other sandwiches I had my eye on (italian and reuben)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mWaXyrvDaNdz6npPA
    That looks amazing

We ordered take out today for the office. The ordering over the phone was quick and easy. We are just couple blocks down and the food was basically ready when we got there. Ordered six sandwiches with one being a special order and everything was prepared properly.

We were very happy with what we received and thought there was good value for the price paid. Some of the sandwiches were not what we expected based on the name or description on the menu but were still good.. Here is the rundown:

Philly- The menu says roast beef and that is basically what this is. It is the roast beef sandwich that they just add onions and pepper. It is not like a traditional thin sliced cooked on the grill with the onions and peppers and cheese. The person having it said it tasted like the roast beef had just been heated a little in the microwave It was filled with so much meat that the person eating it took some of the meat off. Okay roast beef sandwich but just know it isn't really a true philly.

Yacht Club- All the usual ingredients stacked between two slices of bread. I think of a club as having a third slice of bread which this does not. Plenty of meat and cheese and good value for the area. The staff all agreed that the Club at Grill on the Hill was a better sandwich and better value as it is huge.

Chicken Salad Croissant- Good portion of Chicken salad that had great flavor. The croissant was fresh and flaky and not dry. The picture doesn't do it justice as they wrap the to go sandwiches up tight in paper so the croissant is a little smashed but didn't take away the flavor at all. Two employees had this and both were very happy with them.

New York Italian- This employee took it and ate in her office so no picture but she said she was very happy with it.

Lobster Roll- Was disappointed in what I received based on my expectations but the sandwich was prepared excellent. The toast on the bread was just right. The lobster salad had a nice ratio of meat to the other ingredients. Was more lemony (I know...not a word) than I prefer. My wife ate half of it and she also thought it was good but we both agreed that Cousins Lobster truck has a better product. My disappointment was based on the Connecticut style lobster roll is basically hot pieces of lobster meat that you pour butter over which is what I was expecting. Their Connecticut version is the same New England cold lobster salad with just a side of drawn butter. Once again though.....it was still an excellent sandwich https://lobsterfrommaine.com/recipe/...lobster-rolls/

It will be in our rotation as the food was tasty, prices are reasonable and it is convenient. Would be a great place on a nice day to sit out front and enjoy a sandwich or salad.

Name:	philly.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	18392 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	club.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	999.1 KB 
ID:	18393 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chickensalad.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	18394 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lobster.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1,010.5 KB 
ID:	18395

Had RSS for lunch on Tuesday. I got a club and my friend got a reuben. Both were fine, but glad to see there are options.

I had the philly on Monday and agree definitely not a philly. Would be disappointed, but as far as a roast beef sandwich goes it wasn't bad. It's also the last day they were serving it.

Thread Information