Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norman Restaurants

Default Norman Restaurants

I thought it appripriate and overdue to have a dedicated thread here for this.

Logan's Roadhouse by Target closed their doors for good.

Default Re: Norman Restaurants

until just now. i honestly forgot it was even there. i just always think of there being the mattress store over there.

Has anyone tried Rooster's sports bar and grill that opened in the old Brewhouse location next to Winston? Or Inkfire that opened in the old Meating Place/Abner's building?

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    Has anyone tried Rooster's sports bar and grill that opened in the old Brewhouse location next to Winston? Or Inkfire that opened in the old Meating Place/Abner's building?
    inkfire is really good. i've had the ramen and now all the appetizers, and it's all been so great.

5. Default Re: Norman Restaurants

Salad and Go is going in where Wise Guys Auto glass in Norman is https://www.facebook.com/normandevel...tn__=-UC%2CP-R

That is going to be one busy intersection.

that would be a tough location to get in and out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    that would be a tough location to get in and out of.
    It'll be fine as long as people don't try and make a left turn onto Main out of there. Of course, that might be giving the average driver more credit than they probably deserve.

8. Default Re: Norman Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    It'll be fine as long as people don't try and make a left turn onto Main out of there. Of course, that might be giving the average driver more credit than they probably deserve.
    They need to attempt to design it like the Starbucks on Lindsey and Berry. Make it to where you can't turn left out on the busy street. right turn only or use the other entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    They need to attempt to design it like the Starbucks on Lindsey and Berry. Make it to where you can't turn left out on the busy street. right turn only or use the other entrance.
    i was going to say this exact same thing. if they actually build the parking lot so that it controls traffic flow, then all will be fine. if they don't though, it probably will be a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    inkfire is really good. i've had the ramen and now all the appetizers, and it's all been so great.
    I enjoyed the broth and noodles. I had the takoyaki which was served in cast iron. Thought it was a little cool, but if left for long they stick, and the area in contact gets burnt. Chashu is razor thin.

11. Default Re: Norman Restaurants

Nashbird closed on Main Street. For lease sign up currently.

It was pretty awful the two times I went.

12. Default Re: Norman Restaurants

I went there twice and found it to be comparable to their AA location. It wasn't my favorite restaurant, but it was a good option for Main St. Along with the Meating Place they were my two favorite restaurants on Main.

yes, they have been closed for over two weeks now... luckily they now have made it to where people can't place online orders there. for at least a week and a half, you could place and pay for an order, and then show up to pick up your food, only to find the whole place locked up.

Driving down Robinson today I noticed the old Northside Market is now a bbq place.
    I did not catch a name but the walls are decorated with pigs as well as signage indicating pork, beef etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Driving down Robinson today I noticed the old Northside Market is now a bbq place.
    I did not catch a name but the walls are decorated with pigs as well as signage indicating pork, beef etc.
    Saw that today as well. They have been painting the pigs on the building for a while. First time I've seen an open sign. Will have to stop by.

16. Default Re: Norman Restaurants

The closed Zaxbys on Main is a Grandy's now. I thought Grandy's went out of business years ago.

The closed Zaxbys on Main is a Grandy's now. I thought Grandy's went out of business years ago.
    They've become a significantly smaller operation than they used to be - at their height, they operated over 200 stores, but today they have just 23 (according to their locator page). However, this page does not appear to show the new Norman location, so I'm not certain how up to date it is.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    They've become a significantly smaller operation than they used to be - at their height, they operated over 200 stores, but today they have just 23 (according to their locator page). However, this page does not appear to show the new Norman location, so I'm not certain how up to date it is.
    Very interesting because Grandy's operated for decades at Main & Flood but went out of business there some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Very interesting because Grandy's operated for decades at Main & Flood but went out of business there some time ago.
    The cinnamon rolls and chicken fried steak dinners are keeping them in business...lol

The frequent the one in Moore, and it stays pretty packed. They have a dinner deal for everyday of the week. And they still do the breakfast buffet.

21. Default Re: Norman Restaurants

Midwest Wrecking started tearing down the building on Lindsey that will be the new Htea0.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Okay this blew me away. Turns out they have 23 locations. My wife and I moved to SE Georgia a year ago and there was a big, brand new, very nice Grandy's here in Brunswick and I just assumed that they were still everywhere. lol. Not the case. 15 in Tx, 4 in Oklahoma, and 1 each in Kentucky, Indiana, New Mexico, and Georgia.

Can't beat the $4 chicken fried steak specials they have.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieinGeorgia View Post
    Okay this blew me away. Turns out they have 23 locations. My wife and I moved to SE Georgia a year ago and there was a big, brand new, very nice Grandy's here in Brunswick and I just assumed that they were still everywhere. lol. Not the case. 15 in Tx, 4 in Oklahoma, and 1 each in Kentucky, Indiana, New Mexico, and Georgia.
    In truth, I was surprised too. I knew they had closed some stores but until I went looking I didn't realize just how small they had become. The Grandy's near my place here in OKC recently got a nice remodel and stays decently busy - so seeing they were down to just a few stores left in the state came as a mild shock! With the Norman store opening that does bump the Oklahoma count back up to 5 stores, at least.

I can't believe the one at 39th & MacArthur is still operating.

It looks like nothing has been done in 40 years except the slow downward spiral of wear and tear.

Thread Information