Widgets Magazine
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1317

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Just saw that Sparks is going to be showing the game on their patio. I'm sure the sports bar at Omni is going to be packed also. Who else is having setups downtown to watch the game

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

New Orleans Pelicans 92 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 94

Attendance: 18,203

We struggled against their defense tonight but we pulled together a tough win tonight.

Tough win, but the Thunder played about the worst game they could play. Just a little hangover for having such a long break. They will play much better going forward and will have no problems closing this series out. Thunder in 5.

Agreed. SGA was horrible in that 5 minute stretch down to the wire. I think the stage and Pels coming out throwing haymakers really jolted the squad. Pelicans played about the best they could hope for and still lost. That is a great sign for OKC.

Blog Entries

Wednesday, April 24, 2024
    New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Thunder lead series 1 - 0
    Paycom Center, OKC - 8:30 p.m.
    TV - TNT, Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Impressed with Cason's defense. Having him and Dort on the floor for a defensive stand is a great addition to the squad. As others said, bad game for the Thunder but they pulled it out. On to the next one.

Loud City was rocking last night. Lot of players came out smiling when they heard that crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Agreed. SGA was horrible in that 5 minute stretch down to the wire. I think the stage and Pels coming out throwing haymakers really jolted the squad. Pelicans played about the best they could hope for and still lost. That is a great sign for OKC.
    Not sure why people are saying the Pelicans played their best when they shot way below their norms. I think they hit something like 1/15 of their corner threes.

I think OKC wins this series going away, but saying the Pelicans played their best doesn't feel correct.

It was an incredible environment. Loved that the crowd was barking at both Jalen's after good plays.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Not sure why people are saying the Pelicans played their best when they shot way below their norms. I think they hit something like 1/15 of their corner threes.

I think OKC wins this series going away, but saying the Pelicans played their best doesn't feel correct.

It was an incredible environment. Loved that the crowd was barking at both Jalen's after good plays.
    Yeah I think some of their role guys played probably at or near their ceiling, but Ingram definitely didn't.

Hell of a win though and the crowd was awesome.

Blog Entries

This is a new day and age for Oklahoma City in the NBA. Couldn't believe how impressive the Thunder and the Oklahoma City crowd looked and sounded on TNT TV. The T-shirts accentuated the crowd to appear massive and in unison. Make no mistake, this was as loud as I've heard an OKC crowd--it made me reminiscence about the days of the Durant, Westbrook, Green, Harden, Ibaka, Krstic, Maynor, Weaver, Sefolosha and Collison.

Blog Entries

New Orleans Pelicans 92 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 124

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401655076

Attendance: 18,203

Thunder lead series 2 - 0

Much better performance tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    Much better performance tonight!
    I was expecting it. Sunday was almost two much. Not that the crowd tonight wasn't good but it was less than Sunday. Sunday was insane in that building and you could feel the pressure. Tonight was loud but not quite on the same level as Sunday and it felt a bit normal. Don't get me wrong it was still high level but Sunday was off the charts.

From Fox 25 Website;

OKC Thunder attracts state investment: New bill may benefit team with millions annually;

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...0fafaef1&ei=24

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I was expecting it. Sunday was almost two much. Not that the crowd tonight wasn't good but it was less than Sunday. Sunday was insane in that building and you could feel the pressure. Tonight was loud but not quite on the same level as Sunday and it felt a bit normal. Don't get me wrong it was still high level but Sunday was off the charts.
    The crowd likely wasn’t quite as crazy because they led from midway through the first on and blew them out. All the lead changes Sunday kept everyone amped up. I just think the team had to knock off a little rust after being off for a week.

Pelicans just don't have the weapons without Zion. Losing G1 after playing so well was a sign of what's to come. If Chet/SGA/Dub play this well, it doesn't really matter what most other teams do.

I was at the game and I will say, the JDub barking thing has really taken on a whole new level, it reminds me of when Harden emerged as a meme with the beard stuff.

Also the fan hit the $20K halfcourt shot again, major hype.

double post. forum slow in AM

I swear a couple times it sounded like fans were shouting SEC instead of OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Pelicans just don't have the weapons without Zion. Losing G1 after playing so well was a sign of what's to come. If Chet/SGA/Dub play this well, it doesn't really matter what most other teams do.

I was at the game and I will say, the JDub barking thing has really taken on a whole new level, it reminds me of when Harden emerged as a meme with the beard stuff.

Also the fan hit the $20K halfcourt shot again, major hype.
    We were getting a drink when this happened Sunday and couldn't believe we missed it.

Blog Entries

21. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

I noticed that watching from Denver.

Blog Entries

If NOLA loses Game 3 (home) of this series--this series is over. Long as our Thunder don't have any major injuries, they'll
    be ready to plan for the ultimate winner of LAC and DAL .

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    If NOLA loses Game 3 (home) of this series--this series is over. Long as our Thunder don't have any major injuries, they'll
    be ready to plan for the ultimate winner of LAC and DAL .
    Just win one of the next 2 this series is over. We lose both on the road than I have to start worrying again. UGH

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

We gotta sweep so we don't have to have a game on NBA TV

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    We gotta sweep so we don't have to have a game on NBA TV
    if the Lakers win tomorrow night ( i hope they do but they won't) the Thunder will be on NBA tv on Monday in game 4 ..

Thread Information