Widgets Magazine
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1492

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

^^^
    Who are you listening to? I haven’t heard any of this talk. OKC isn’t getting a big free agent. They’re definitely not offering Russ, even on the minimum. Most money will go to re-signing our guys. Maybe a role player, but OKC doesn’t really do free agency.

I read a story yesterday about bringing KD back. Stuff gets crazier every day.

I keep wondering why they should bring anyone in? If they make the conference finals, or finals, it seems to me that they are loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    ^^^
    Who are you listening to? I haven’t heard any of this talk. OKC isn’t getting a big free agent. They’re definitely not offering Russ, even on the minimum. Most money will go to re-signing our guys. Maybe a role player, but OKC doesn’t really do free agency.
    Online rags. I keep seeing them pop up in my facebook feed as click bait and I wonder if I am the only who thinks it is stupid. Apparently not

The only reason I could see them doing something is because they need to fill roster spots and we are short of the WCF or Finals due to something specific and whoever they bring in would help with whatever that is i.e. three point shooting, perimeter defense, etc...

I might have recency bias, but I think this is the most magical season I have ever observed in over 50 years of following pro basketball. Regardless of team.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

^^^^^^^^^
    I've been saying since about December that I *LIKE* this team better than even the OG Thunder squad. I like the style of play better, I like the personalities better, I like the effort better, I like the coaching better, I like the unselfishness, the fact that SOMEONE steps up when a star or stars have a slow night...this team is frankly more fun to watch, and THAT is saying something because the OG team was WAY fun to watch. I just love the way this team is built, and the way it plays. Perhaps not quite as talented at the very top, but not too far off there, either. I've mentioned this to a few people who acted like I was smoking crack, but whatever. This team is a joy to watch, period.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I read a story yesterday about bringing KD back. Stuff gets crazier every day.

I keep wondering why they should bring anyone in? If they make the conference finals, or finals, it seems to me that they are loaded.
    Bringing K.D. back would not only be crazy but insane? After Durant signed with GSW--he showed us what he was all about. No way would Sam Presti sign him back. Durant (Suns) showed us that he can't make adjustments and that he's not a leader--Phoenix Suns lost series to Timberwolves 4 - 0.

Mark Daigneault have the Thunder playing as a team. Time to cherish what we have and look forward to a new Thunder era and a new downtown arena.

I've seen a zillion articles mentioning KD coming back. Seems crazy, I don't think anyone really wants him back. He's a great role player and scorer but he's not a leader and I don't see him helping anything in the locker room. Might not be a bad option to come off the bench but that's not happening. Really can't imagine Presti or any of the Thunder brass would welcome him back at this point. It's taken several years but we are better now than we were with him- at least I think we're going to be anyways based on where we already are at this stage. Then again I thought it was highly likely we would win multiple titles before with Durant/Westbrook/Harden and we know how that turned out. Reality was Durant could never be the guy to lead a franchise all the way we just didn't know it.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Yeah, screw that guy. He's a cancer. In no way worth the assets we'd have to give up, just to have him come in and poison the team. Thank goodness literally nobody with the organization would want to do that, either.

I think Kevin Durant is a great player, and I have zero ill will toward him. I don't think he fits the current, and short term, Thunder plans. But, dang!! He still a great scorer!

Blog Entries

Odds on KD to OKC (and other teams):

https://clutchpoints.com/thunder-new...n-betting-odds

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    I've been saying since about December that I *LIKE* this team better than even the OG Thunder squad. I like the style of play better, I like the personalities better, I like the effort better, I like the coaching better, I like the unselfishness, the fact that SOMEONE steps up when a star or stars have a slow night...this team is frankly more fun to watch, and THAT is saying something because the OG team was WAY fun to watch. I just love the way this team is built, and the way it plays. Perhaps not quite as talented at the very top, but not too far off there, either. I've mentioned this to a few people who acted like I was smoking crack, but whatever. This team is a joy to watch, period.
    100% agree. This team is far and away more entertaining and exciting than the OG team. With the OG team, play was predictable though high level, the bench was rarely great, and no one would step up if Russ or KD was off. Speaking of predictable, every single play out of a timeout or clutch time play was so predictable, if Vegas allowed you to bet on it, you'd make a killing. This team is far more exciting and, next year, potentially the best team we've ever had.

13. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Odds on KD to OKC (and other teams):

https://clutchpoints.com/thunder-new...n-betting-odds
    Not just no, but hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Am I the only one who is getting frustrated with all the "who will OKC seek out in free agency" talk? The names that have come up are Lebron, KD, Paul George and Klay Thompson, just to name a few. I feel like bringing someone like Westbrook back on a vet min (has a $4MM player option for 2024/2025) would be good, but I can't see us trading away a bunch of players that are in our young core (Lu, Giddey, JWill, Joe or Wiggins) would be good moral for the team right now. Especially if we are able to make a deep playoff run (maybe take Denver to 7?) I would think we would have learned from our mistakes in 2012 and aren't in a hurry to trade young talent away. Next year, we only have nine players on the books (not including Joe, Wiggins and Waters who are all team options).

2025-2026 is going to be a make or break year for the team because Chet, Giddey, Cason, O Dieng, JDub and JWill will all be on player or team options. In 2026/2027, the end of the SGA contract comes around, Lu, Kenrich and Cason all have team options and Chet, O Dieng and JDub are RFA.
    Bringing Westbrook back would be a horrible idea. He’s a shell of himself and absolutely not a fit for this team or coaching staff in style of play or personality.

15. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

There's two ways to look at bringing in a veteran player. One, he could be a positive presence in a locker room of guys who are still learning the ways of the NBA. And two, he could somewhat to completely screw up the very good chemistry our guys have. And to watch this team play I don't think they need much in the way a of lessons from a veteran.

16. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Tickets on sale today at 10am for round 2!

I kind of look at it a different way. Who would you rather have. Giddy or Durant for the next 2 years? As long as Durant thinks it's his team and can take a roll when he just shows up to play the game and leave all the other drama behind him I would take him. Plus not sure how Salary works but after 2 years when our big 3 are all due their money Durant money can come off the book. It's going to be hard to pay SGA. Jdub, Chet, Giddy, Dort in 2/3 years. Someone is going to have to come off the payroll

KD has been a cancer to every organization he’s been a part of since leaving golden state. Only way I’d want him back was on a veteran near minimum after his contract expires.

19. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I kind of look at it a different way. Who would you rather have. Giddy or Durant for the next 2 years? As long as Durant thinks it's his team and can take a roll when he just shows up to play the game and leave all the other drama behind him I would take him. Plus not sure how Salary works but after 2 years when our big 3 are all due their money Durant money can come off the book. It's going to be hard to pay SGA. Jdub, Chet, Giddy, Dort in 2/3 years. Someone is going to have to come off the payroll
    Easy choice. Giddy. The chances of KD coming back and not being, well, KD is practically zero. This team is where the are because they're a TEAM. KD would almost certainly ruin that. And he's past the point of being able carry a team on his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Easy choice. Giddy. The chances of KD coming back and not being, well, KD is practically zero. This team is where the are because they're a TEAM. KD would almost certainly ruin that. And he's past the point of being able carry a team on his shoulders.
    I meant to say as long as Durant thinks it isn't his team. I agree with you he can't carry a team but we don't need him to carry us. We are not going to be able to pay everyone 2/3 years from now. I wouldn't mind going after Nurkic myself.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Tickets on sale today at 10am for round 2!
    173 a ticket for last row upper deck ... not secondary market

Blog Entries

I have to be in Dallas Tuesday and Wednesday for work so can’t attend the game. Guess I will need to find a Mavs sports bar and wear some Thunder gear!

23. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

I meant to say as long as Durant thinks it isn't his team. I agree with you he can't carry a team but we don't need him to carry us. We are not going to be able to pay everyone 2/3 years from now. I wouldn't mind going after Nurkic myself.
    So you're suggesting that we ignore all the effort put into building this very special team and get a KD or Nurkic to win one championship now. Then we'd be starting all over again after that. Yes we'll have to lose a couple guys in a couple years. But before Hardin got away, KD bailed, PG came for 1 year and demanded a trade, so we let Westbrook go so he could be on a competitive team. That's unlikely to happen twice. This current team has a chemistry maybe never seen before and it would be a crime to ignore that to try to chase 1 ring.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    PG came for 1 year and demanded a trade
    PG didn't demand a trade. He resigned with OKC (big party at Jones Assembly). This was huge because it enabled Presti to make the SGA trade + a gazillion draft picks and swaps with the Clippers. If it weren't for PG resigning we wouldn't be anywhere close to where we are now.

25. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

I wouldn't mind going after Nurkic myself.
    This tells me that you only saw Nurkic in the game against the Thunder where he had 31 rebounds. He is not a Thunder type player. Not a 3 pt. threat and doesn't create for others. There are plenty of big men out there who are a better fit for the Thunder including Jaylin Williams.

Thread Information