Widgets Magazine
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1309

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

We absolutely want to avoid Denver at all costs. They're the favorites to win the title. While I don't mind OKC facing a tough team and proving it, here's the teams I'd most want to play if the goal is to advance:

1. Kings
    2. Pelicans
    3. Golden State
    4. Phoenix
    5. Clippers
    6. Minnesota
    7. Lakers
    8. Dallas
    9. Denver

Having said that, I'd love to play Golden State in round 1. I think we'd win, it'd get a lot of attention, and we could get revenge. However, it's pretty unlikely they even make the playoffs. I also would like to play the Lakers as I'd love this team to get attention, but that's a bit more scary of a matchup. Regardless, it's going to be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    don't be surprised to see the Lakers end up as the 6 seed
    It's possible but that would mean that they would have to meet the Timberwolves the suns and the pelicans possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    We absolutely want to avoid Denver at all costs. They're the favorites to win the title. While I don't mind OKC facing a tough team and proving it, here's the teams I'd most want to play if the goal is to advance:

1. Kings
    2. Pelicans
    3. Golden State
    4. Phoenix
    5. Clippers
    6. Minnesota
    7. Lakers
    8. Dallas
    9. Denver

Having said that, I'd love to play Golden State in round 1. I think we'd win, it'd get a lot of attention, and we could get revenge. However, it's pretty unlikely they even make the playoffs. I also would like to play the Lakers as I'd love this team to get attention, but that's a bit more scary of a matchup. Regardless, it's going to be fun!
    I personally would flip Minnesota with Denver. Not the same Denver team as last year they traded Jeff Green and they just don't have the same bench power that they had last year. Also you never know the health status of Murray. Then again I'm starting to question the health status of SGA

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I personally would flip Minnesota with Denver. Not the same Denver team as last year they traded Jeff Green and they just don't have the same bench power that they had last year. Also you never know the health status of Murray. Then again I'm starting to question the health status of SGA
    I don't even consider any team on this list in even the same tier as Denver. There's nothing I've seen that indicates they're any worse than last season. They may be better without Jeff Green, honestly. Their young guys have shown a lot of promise. I think they're probably better than last season. The West goes through Denver.

5. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Love your revenge angle with GS! If not this year, it will happen some year soon, but it would be cool with the group they have now which includes their core that broke our hearts and crushed our dreams in 2016.

Sga flew back to OKC and is out for Sunday game also? Ok time to get worried. Am I'm just basing the Nuggets on the match up with OKC. I think we match up better with Denver than Minnesota that's all Denver still going to win the west but if you ask me who I want in the second round based on match up alone Denver. I don't understand why Minnesota doesn't get way more love. Everyone thought they were going to fall apart myself included win Towns went out and they just haven't.

Sga flew back to OKC and is out for Sunday game also? Ok time to get worried. Am I'm just basing the Nuggets on the match up with OKC. I think we match up better with Denver than Minnesota that's all Denver still going to win the west but if you ask me who I want in the second round based on match up alone Denver. I don't understand why Minnesota doesn't get way more love. Everyone thought they were going to fall apart myself included win Towns went out and they just haven't.
    Dude. I love the enthusiasm, but chill out. We were only supposed to make the play in this year or at best a high playoff seed. If we end up the 3 seed by half a game because we’re trying to get guys healthy, it’s not going to be the end of the world. Playoffs are still almost two weeks away…anything can happen between now and then with such little separation between teams.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Dude. I love the enthusiasm, but chill out. We were only supposed to make the play in this year or at best a high playoff seed. If we end up the 3 seed by half a game because we’re trying to get guys healthy, it’s not going to be the end of the world. Playoffs are still almost two weeks away…anything can happen between now and then with such little separation between teams.
    Well said. It's that time of year when almost none of the contenders are 100% healthy. That's just how the cookie crumbles, unfortunately.

No I'm not going to chill out. We have seen this before from the Thunder. Why the hell did he play for a whole week after the injury. I want to be healthy too but you have to wonder what the heck is going on. Plays in New York one game doesn't play the rest of the road trip. We been down this road before the Thunder are really good at not telling what is really going on.

No I'm not going to chill out. We have seen this before from the Thunder. Why the hell did he play for a whole week after the injury. I want to be healthy too but you have to wonder what the heck is going on. Plays in New York one game doesn't play the rest of the road trip. We been down this road before the Thunder are really good at not telling what is really going on.
    Did you watch the New York game? Did he look healthy to you?

They tried to play him and he very obviously wasn’t close to 100%.

Did you watch the New York game? Did he look healthy to you?

They tried to play him and he very obviously wasn’t close to 100%.
    I did watch and he was only about 70% if that. That is why I'm worried. I probably shouldn't be but Durant's foot, PG Shoulder. We been there before. Nothing to worry about. They said he came home so he could work out and have better access to a gym. Like there are no gyms in these cities?

I'm fine with players being out in fact to me Chet needs to sit he looks so tired. Kings lost so a Lakers win they will be tied for 8 however I think the kings have the tie breaker. So I'm good with 3 but just worried something might be going on more than what they are telling us with SGA that's all.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Oklahoma City Thunder 112 @ Indiana Pacers 126

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585744

Attendance: 17,274

Blog Entries

Sunday, April 7, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Charlotte Hornets
    Spectrum Center, Charlotte - 5:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Sunday, April 7, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Charlotte Hornets
    Spectrum Center, Charlotte - 5:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Poku is going to dominate Chet. Just kidding people but it might be fun to watch them to play one another

Blog Entries

Poku is going to dominate Chet. Just kidding people but it might be fun to watch them to play one another
    You can bet those players traded to Charlotte from OKC's roster will be trying to make a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    You can bet those players traded to Charlotte from OKC's roster will be trying to make a statement.
    Not a must win for the Thunder but if we want the 3 seed better beat Hornets and the Spurs. The Kings will be desperate for a win, Bucks will be desperate and Mavs last game of the year might be desperate if they can get the 4 seed. Suns playing well right now too. I'm starting to think outside the Kings and Pelicans anyone can get anyone in the West.

Just get healthy and be ready to go for the playoffs. THUNDER UP!

Thunder just need to win 2 of the next 5 to secure the 3rd seed over the Clippers. The Clippers have a pretty easy schedule to close out the next season, so they can easily win out. However, we still have a 3 game lead, and own the tie breaker.

Huge game today in the NBA HUGE. Suns/Pelicans Lakers/Timberwolves Cavs/Clippers. Mavs Playing JDub out for the Thunder again

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Thunder just need to win 2 of the next 5 to secure the 3rd seed over the Clippers. The Clippers have a pretty easy schedule to close out the next season, so they can easily win out. However, we still have a 3 game lead, and own the tie breaker.
    They came back from 26 down vs the Cavs. I think it was 22 mid 3rd. The East is so bad. They play the Suns back to back and the Suns need to win. Thunder better win tonight vs the Hornets.

22. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

They came back from 26 down vs the Cavs. I think it was 22 mid 3rd. The East is so bad. They play the Suns back to back and the Suns need to win. Thunder better win tonight vs the Hornets.
    it looks like they decided to take a W out of Charlotte tonight.

Down goes the Lakers. Not impossible but would have to pass 3 teams for the Lakers too get to 6th. We could still end up 2 with but I think at this point we are good with the 3 and avoid the Lakers. Question is now how much do you play SGA and Jdub. I would think you have to play them a game together at some point to get their flow back. I could also see one playing a game while the other one sits and than one game they play together. Pelicans, Suns, or Kings. I think the Pelicans finish 6th. Suns schedule is tough. Kings still have to play the Pelicans and the Suns. Suns have Clippers twice, Pelicans, Timberwolves. Pelicans still have Golden St, Lakers, Suns. Standing won't be decided until last game of the year especially 6-9

Just came up with another possibility. We win the next 2 play everyone and win if healthy of course and Denver losses to Minnesota. We are now in second place cause of the tie breaker with 2 games left. Lakers Lose Tuesday to the warriors and can't make the 7-8 play in game and can only end up in 8th. Do we go for it in the last two games to keep home court in the second round over Denver. This of course just depends on how healthy we are and no way am I saying this will happen but what if it played out like that.

We just need 1 more win to secure 3 seed, and then after that I say shut it down. We should be able to beat the Kings/Spurs without SGA and JDUB. I say let them two rest for as long as we can. But maybe bring JDUB back against the Kings to secure the win.

Down goes the Lakers. .
    once AD went out early that game was a wrap

Thread Information