Widgets Magazine
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5505152535455
Results 1,351 to 1,367 of 1367

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Kyrie Irving had an off night too so I don’t expect him to play that poorly going forward. I don’t expect some of our guys to have such an off night though either.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Curious View Post
    A bit of a fluky game. I don't think Dallas can shoot like that again. Giddey has played pretty well in recent games. But last night was brutal. He was like a net -20 in just 10 minutes. A liability on both sides of the floor. Gotta steal one in Dallas, but I like our chances in game 3.
    When Giddey has good games he's really good. But same for bad. He needs to play 5 minutes and it be decided which he's having and sit him if it's a bad night.

I don't have the basketball analysis skills that others do (or think they do), but my main thought is you can't sweep them all. I didn't think we were going to sweep NO so no surprise things are a little more competitive in round 2.

Honestly though, whatever happens I think its all cake. I don't think anybody really expected the Thunder to do as well as they have already. They've already made a statement. They've already made an arrival, not an appearance. Anything more is just gravy. I fully expect we'll push past Dallas, but even if they knock us out here there's going to be a lot of eyes on the Thunder next year.

So do we still want Giddy over Durant. Not that it's going to happen but who do we trade Giddy for?

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    So do we still want Giddy over Durant. Not that it's going to happen but who do we trade Giddy for?
    Yeah because we don't want to give up the players we would have to match his salary, nor do we want to take on that kind of salary for one player thats 36 and has been a massive distraction to the last two underperforming teams he's been a part of. Giddey is 21, very good in many situations (though not a perfect fit here...especially not in this series), and if traded, should be traded for a potential long term piece that's a better culture and style of play fit. We're the one seed in the West with the youngest team in the league...why on earth would we make a drastic move like that could completely screw it up and stunt our development?

Now if we can get him on the veteran minimum in a few years... I could possibly be talked into that being a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I don't have the basketball analysis skills that others do (or think they do), but my main thought is you can't sweep them all. I didn't think we were going to sweep NO so no surprise things are a little more competitive in round 2.

Honestly though, whatever happens I think its all cake. I don't think anybody really expected the Thunder to do as well as they have already. They've already made a statement. They've already made an arrival, not an appearance. Anything more is just gravy. I fully expect we'll push past Dallas, but even if they knock us out here there's going to be a lot of eyes on the Thunder next year.
    I think it's as simple as...we have been allowing their bad three point shooters to shoot and have been slow to close out those guys and devoting attention inside. They're baiting those sub 35% three point guys into taking those shots so they can collect all the bricks. Worked out great in game one but you had PJ Washington (a 32.5% 3pt shooter) shooting over 70% most of the game finishing 7-11 and Tim Hardaway Jr. (35%) going 2-4, and Doncic who has been horrible from 3 in the playoffs going 5-8. PJ and Hardaway regress to the mean and we win the game...even as bad as we played outside of SGA and a few of the bench guys. Probably need to adjust and plan to start the game closing out more aggressively on those guys behind the line early on.

I think GIddey needs to be taking Haywards minutes off the bench with either Wiggins and J Will taking most of his minutes with the starting 5. Giddey can start if they must but the leash needs to be shorter.

Ok, question for the Thunder fans on the board:

If KD were to end up being in OKC (traded, FA signing, etc) how long would it take for you to not hate him any more? Instantly? Half a season? Other?

I think Game 4 is more important than Game 3. Winners of Game 4 usually go on the win the series most of the time historically.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

If KD were to end up being in OKC (traded, FA signing, etc) how long would it take for you to not hate him any more? Instantly? Half a season? Other?
    I'd give up my season tickets. Also, ZERO chance Presti or Bennett would want him. This has become a silly topic to the point of distraction. Other than when he went to a team that already almost literally could not lose he has had zero success. He is toxic, and he ultimately tears down every team he is on from the inside. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I'd give up my season tickets. Also, ZERO chance Presti or Bennett would want him. This has become a silly topic to the point of distraction. Other than when he went to a team that already almost literally could not lose he has had zero success. He is toxic, and he ultimately tears down every team he is on from the inside. Hard pass.
    lol agree with the second part ...

but you would not give up your tickets ... (you might sell them all lol)

11. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post

Never. My biggest character flaw is that I will not let go of a grudge against someone that screws people over by being greedy. In sports or in business or ?. If Durant was allowed back I've watched my last Thunder game. Glad alI don't have to worry about it because Presti would never even think about it.

He is the thing with this team though. I think it's 2 or 3 years from now we are not going to be able to pay everyone. We have a 2/3 year window a team like Minnesota i think has 1 maybe 2 years before they have to make decisions. I think and not sure how the money works but you Trade Giddy Dort for picks for Durant you have Durant for only 2 years than his money comes off the books and you have money to pay. Chet, SGA, Jdub, and Wallace who I will use to replace Dort since he will still be on a rookie contract in 3 years. Also need to find money to Joe, and Wiggins. Love this team and we can keep running it back for the next few year but financially at some point we can't keep everyone. Think about the next two years if your Starters are, Chet, SGA, JDub, Wallace, Durant. Bench is Joe, Wiggins, Jwill. I would take that for next 2 years than Durant money comes off the books and you Pay Chet, SGA, JDub, Wallace, Joe , Wiggins and might still be able to keep a first round pick

I did some looking like Edwards for Minneasota goes from 13 million this year to 35 million next year. McDaniels goes from 3 million to 22 million. Thunder are in Great shape until start of 2026 Season.

Instantly. He is a great player that made a business, and personal, decision. He thought he could win a ring with the Warriors and found a system that better fit his talents. It worked.

I don't think the current set up and flow of the Thunder has a place to effectively utilize KD's talents at the level he is still playing at. But I would welcome him back if Sam Presti said there was.

I follow a lot of pro basketball. I admit I am not ESPN TV and radio 24/7 as much as I used to be. But, I still check out NBA news and info daily. What I don't recall seeing is that KD is a toxic teammate. Can you guys share some of the stories with me?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Thunder's chances of taking Durant back . . . You'd have better odds of the Thunder moving its 81 home games to the new 7,500 seat State Fair Coliseum.

What you would have to give up to get Durant, wouldn't be worth its value in trade.

15. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Thunder's chances of taking Durant back . . . You'd have better odds of the Thunder moving its 81 home games to the new 7,500 seat State Fair Coliseum.

What you would have to give up to get Durant, wouldn't be worth its value in trade.
    Exactly. There's a sound clip the Animal uses a lot. A guy saying "zero......point......zero".

16. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

He would destroy their chemistry ......

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    He is the thing with this team though. I think it's 2 or 3 years from now we are not going to be able to pay everyone. We have a 2/3 year window a team like Minnesota i think has 1 maybe 2 years before they have to make decisions. I think and not sure how the money works but you Trade Giddy Dort for picks for Durant you have Durant for only 2 years than his money comes off the books and you have money to pay. Chet, SGA, Jdub, and Wallace who I will use to replace Dort since he will still be on a rookie contract in 3 years. Also need to find money to Joe, and Wiggins. Love this team and we can keep running it back for the next few year but financially at some point we can't keep everyone. Think about the next two years if your Starters are, Chet, SGA, JDub, Wallace, Durant. Bench is Joe, Wiggins, Jwill. I would take that for next 2 years than Durant money comes off the books and you Pay Chet, SGA, JDub, Wallace, Joe , Wiggins and might still be able to keep a first round pick

I did some looking like Edwards for Minneasota goes from 13 million this year to 35 million next year. McDaniels goes from 3 million to 22 million. Thunder are in Great shape until start of 2026 Season.
    LOL, it’s not in “2-3 years” that we won’t be able to pay everyone. They’re about to be significantly below the cap as soon as they drop Hayward this summer and you get certain exceptions when re-signing your own players that help teams who build like we do keep their guys. The luxury tax line is also likely going to increase when the massive new NBA TV right deal goes into effect. Assuming we keep the same roster, which is unlikely to some extent anyway, it will be when Chet and JW get to their third contracts that it will start being more difficult but still not impossible as there is no hard cap but this group has shown that they’re perfectly willing to spend a ton of money when it makes sense.

You do realize we had the highest payroll in the league at one point, were paying the luxury tax for multiple years and were prepared to do so for a long time if KD had stayed or the PG/Westbrook/Melo thing has worked out, right? The salary situation is not near as big of deal as you’re making it out to be and won’t be an issue for a long time…which is one of the reasons it’s great that this team has taken such a massive leap so quickly.

Thread Information