Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Had Bally Sports Thunder games streaming thru Hulu. Time for the Celtics-Thunder game (01/02/2024) couldn't get Bally Sports
    because there was some kind of issue between Hulul and Bally Sports; therefore I missed this game and others that were scheduled.

Welcome to subscribe to any source that will allow me to stream Thunder games. Any suggestions . . .
    DirectTV Now or directly with https://www.ballysports.com/ for $20.

Also Pels local game translated to 3 times the viewership. Hope that for the Thunder! https://www.nexttv.com/news/gray-tv-...l-broadcast-tv

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

^ ^ ^
    Thanks, appreciate the links

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Since so many treated Giddey as guilty until proven innocent, it should be noted that Newport Beach PD will not pursue charges against him:

After a thorough and exhaustive examination, we have completed our investigation into information that was circulating on social media involving Josh Giddey," the statement read. "Our detectives have reviewed all of the available information and were unable to corroborate any criminal activity related to Mr. Giddey."
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-investigation

I saw yesterday where it looks like Amazon Prime will stream the Thunder games next year. At first I thought this could be better, but after looking up cost of Amazon Prime I see that this is going to cost more. But then this morning on the radio they mentioned that you'd have to buy an additional package to watch the Thunder on top of the Prime cost. Surely this isn't right? I paid $98 for the year to watch Thunder this year, but Prime alone costs $139 a year, and if you have to pay an additional fee to watch the Thunder, that's a huge increase. A little disappointing after we just voted on a new arena. Maybe Griffin will permanently pick up Friday games and I can just watch those for free like it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I saw yesterday where it looks like Amazon Prime will stream the Thunder games next year. At first I thought this could be better, but after looking up cost of Amazon Prime I see that this is going to cost more. But then this morning on the radio they mentioned that you'd have to buy an additional package to watch the Thunder on top of the Prime cost. Surely this isn't right? I paid $98 for the year to watch Thunder this year, but Prime alone costs $139 a year, and if you have to pay an additional fee to watch the Thunder, that's a huge increase. A little disappointing after we just voted on a new arena. Maybe Griffin will permanently pick up Friday games and I can just watch those for free like it should be.
    there is no contract with the thunder and Bally sports (or amazon) for next season ..

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    there is no contract with the thunder and Bally sports (or amazon) for next season .. (and just so you know if this going to be an amazon "channel" you don't have to have prime to buy it)
    I believe you do need Amazon Prime (139 a year) or Prime Video ($9 a month) to get a Prime Video Channel. At least that is what their documentation says. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...637923FFWAR2YH

"You need an Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership to access Prime Video Channels. If you cancel your Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership, your Prime Video Channel subscriptions also cancel."

So at minimum you are looking at $9 + ~$20. month to watch thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I believe you do need Amazon Prime (139 a year) or Prime Video ($9 a month) to get a Prime Video Channel. At least that is what their documentation says. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...637923FFWAR2YH

"You need an Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership to access Prime Video Channels. If you cancel your Amazon Prime or Prime Video membership, your Prime Video Channel subscriptions also cancel."

So at minimum you are looking at $9 + ~$20. month to watch thunder.
    thank you for the correction i was misinformed .. i edited my op

we are all making a lot of assumptions here. until they announce the price, we just don't know what the cost will be.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    we are all making a lot of assumptions here. until they announce the price, we just don't know what the cost will be.
    I think we can make guesses. The Jazz+ Streaming is $15.50, Current Bally streaming is $20 a month, Clippers is $16 a month. It will be somewhere between 15 and 20 a month to watch streaming basketball (on top of Prime costs of course).

there is no contract with the thunder and Bally sports (or amazon) for next season ..
    Yes you are correct on that.

Anyways, sounds like no matter what it's going to cost more to watch the Thunder. Major disappointment.

I think we can make guesses. The Jazz+ Streaming is $15.50, Current Bally streaming is $20 a month, Clippers is $16 a month. It will be somewhere between 15 and 20 a month to watch streaming basketball (on top of Prime costs of course).
    I did the Season pass with Ballys this year and only cost $98, granted it's only for 6 months, but that's $16.33 a month which is tolerable, but that being the starting point is a tough pill to swallow.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I did the Season pass with Ballys this year and only cost $98, granted it's only for 6 months, but that's $16.33 a month which is tolerable, but that being the starting point is a tough pill to swallow.
    It is. League Pass is $99 so we are basically paying the same but for one team. In a perfect world League Pass would include all games with no blackouts. But that ain't happening. Now with Peacock going NFL playoff games PPV games are here to stay. Sucks.

It is. League Pass is $99 so we are basically paying the same but for one team. In a perfect world League Pass would include all games with no blackouts. But that ain't happening. Now with Peacock going NFL playoff games PPV games are here to stay. Sucks.
    the NBA is getting back lots of rights and in the next generation of contracts the goal is to make a package with out blackouts ... same with MLB ..

the NBA is getting back lots of rights and in the next generation of contracts the goal is to make a package with out blackouts ... same with MLB ..
    That would be amazing

One perk of being a season ticket holder is a league pass subscription. Of course the Thunder games are blacked out but it is nice to be able to watch all of the other NBA games.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    One perk of being a season ticket holder is a league pass subscription. Of course the Thunder games are blacked out but it is nice to be able to watch all of the other NBA games.
    Wait. What? How do you get this? I’m a season ticket holder and have been paying for league pass for years.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 134 @ Utah Jazz 129

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585209

Attendance: 18,206

Blog Entries

Saturday, January 20, 2024
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Minnesota Timberwolves
    Target Center, Minneapolis - 7:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

19. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Oklahoma City Thunder 134 @ Utah Jazz 129

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585209

Attendance: 18,206
    What a game! I was up out of my seat several times at the house here as we watched the last part of the 4th Qtr. This team is fun and has heart. And can shoot (finally we have a team that can shoot)!

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    What a game! I was up out of my seat several times at the house here as we watched the last part of the 4th Qtr. This team is fun and has heart. And can shoot (finally we have a team that can shoot)!
    The high level choreography when Josh hit the euro step was a thing of beauty:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Thunder/s/paxiWjmuBE

It was a fantastic game. And Utah is no joke, they have been winning lately. Won 8 out of their last 10 going into that game, plus had an extra day of rest due to GSW schedule.

Chet is definitely hitting a little slump offensively, but he looks tired to me - which definitely doesn't bode well for Saturday night's game.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Wait. What? How do you get this? I’m a season ticket holder and have been paying for league pass for years.
    I got an email early in the season with a code to put in at purchase. I believe it was new last year. Call your Rep and ask him/her.

JW was a stud for us last night. A much needed tough win to get us back on track after those two losses.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

I don't get too twisted over losses to good teams on the road, so long as they're not blowouts. There's much more stock to be placed in road victories via good teams than road losses. Last night was a great win.

Blog Entries

Really impressed with the response how well the Thunder fought off the Utah Jazz rallies. This team has a lot of confidence; they aren't afraid to take it to their opponents. Had two key pieces out (Dort & Dieng); yet the Thunder played 3 games in 4 nights. Good road win in SLC.

Thread Information