Am I the only one who is getting frustrated with all the "who will OKC seek out in free agency" talk? The names that have come up are Lebron, KD, Paul George and Klay Thompson, just to name a few. I feel like bringing someone like Westbrook back on a vet min (has a $4MM player option for 2024/2025) would be good, but I can't see us trading away a bunch of players that are in our young core (Lu, Giddey, JWill, Joe or Wiggins) would be good moral for the team right now. Especially if we are able to make a deep playoff run (maybe take Denver to 7?) I would think we would have learned from our mistakes in 2012 and aren't in a hurry to trade young talent away. Next year, we only have nine players on the books (not including Joe, Wiggins and Waters who are all team options).

2025-2026 is going to be a make or break year for the team because Chet, Giddey, Cason, O Dieng, JDub and JWill will all be on player or team options. In 2026/2027, the end of the SGA contract comes around, Lu, Kenrich and Cason all have team options and Chet, O Dieng and JDub are RFA.