Widgets Magazine
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 43444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1317

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Absolutely insane that this team is the #1 seed at their age. The playoffs will be a huge test, including the 1st round, but it's already a pretty crazy accomplishment. OKC is so spoiled.
    Completely nuts and impressive. What a season!

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

The city better clean and polish downtown!

4. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Looking back at some of our earlier predictions; who would have thought the Thunder could improve from a 40-42 record to the current 56-25 record in the 2023-24 regular season. That's an improvement of +16 games in the win column and -17 game improvement in the lost column with one regular season game remaining.

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=47747&page=5

warreng88 predicted a 50-32 record.
    I was also thinking fifty-ish but I was not bold enough to say it out loud like he did. No way did I think 56 wins though…or first place in the West. That’s totally nuts.

Here are my own early (October) predictions:

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Tremendous article. This team is going to shock some folks. Those who’ve been paying attention, know.
    I could see them doing a bit better than 44.5 but that’s probably not far off. The X factor here is that they’re really vibing. I don’t think there’s much chemistry to be worked out. That’s a major head start vs most of the NBA at this time of year. I think they might get off to a hot start. The question will be whether they can maintain that for an entire, grueling season.

I think this team without question makes the first round barring disaster. I don’t know about advancing from there, but stranger things have happened. But I do believe that the statement above is correct; with another season to develop, and maybe with a surgical move or strategic free agent add (it CAN happen), the championship window opens next season.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Like you, Urbanized, my initial prediction was noting less than a 10 game improvement over the 2022-23 season with Chet in full swing. Thunder far exceed expectations over last season.

That first seed in the WC may earn us a date with any one of four teams which will be a tough match-up no matter who we play. Just glad we don't have any major injuries with some players nursing minor injuries. Hopefully everyone will be ready come playoff time.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Absolutely insane that this team is the #1 seed at their age. The playoffs will be a huge test, including the 1st round, but it's already a pretty crazy accomplishment. OKC is so spoiled.
    Nah. The KC Chiefs fans are spoiled. UConn basketball is spoiled.

We’re definitely not close to that territory at this point.

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Historically KC Chiefs fans have endured far more years of irrelevance than have Thunder fans. We’ve had it awfully good.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

2021: 22-60
    2022: 24-58
    2023: 42-40
    2024: 57-25

Black eye of the league BTW

Thanks again for PG resigning then giving us those Clippers picks. Appreciate it PG

Glad to see them bringing something like this back to the city.

https://www.nba.com/thunder/thunderupinthepark

Homecourt through the West is going to be so nice, so proud of this team. Now we need the Lakers to win so they go down into the Nuggets side of the bracket.

Youngest team ever to get the #1 seed. Amazing regular season no matter what happens in the playoffs. The future is very bright again in OKC.

Hopefully the Lakers beat the Pelicans so Denver can make short work of them & we don't have to worry about that matchup. That said, the playoffs will be different. We might not have the size or a backup for Chet but this team is deep and has a lot of pieces & matchups that are going to be a problem for anyone in a long series.

I was also thinking fifty-ish but I was not bold enough to say it out loud like he did. No way did I think 56 wins though…or first place in the West. That’s totally nuts.

Here are my own early (October) predictions:
    At the beginning of the season, me and four people that I work with did a W/L record prediction and seeding prediction. The closest anyone got was 52-30 and a four seed.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    Youngest team ever to get the #1 seed. Amazing regular season no matter what happens in the playoffs. The future is very bright again in OKC.

Hopefully the Lakers beat the Pelicans so Denver can make short work of them & we don't have to worry about that matchup. That said, the playoffs will be different. We might not have the size or a backup for Chet but this team is deep and has a lot of pieces & matchups that are going to be a problem for anyone in a long series.
    Jaylin and Kenrich Williams have both done a pretty solid job backing Chet up and playing along side him situationally. I don't think that's as big of deal as the national sports talking heads act like it is.

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Jaylin and Kenrich Williams have both done a pretty solid job backing Chet up and playing along side him situationally. I don't think that's as big of deal as the national sports talking heads act like it is.
    Agreed. Also I think ANY big will struggle against Jokic. He is dominate.

So Thunder in the Park is a pregame deal, but no viewing of the game. Then Thunder Patio is a space for road playoff game hype, but no viewing of the game there either?

Blog Entries

BTW did we pick up another banner for the Paycom Center.

Seems like an announcement on winning the Northwest Division for 2023-24.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    So Thunder in the Park is a pregame deal, but no viewing of the game. Then Thunder Patio is a space for road playoff game hype, but no viewing of the game there either?
    If we make a deep run they are possibly planning on having watch parties on the stage.

Would be awesome if they took one of the surface lots to the north and made it into something like the Spurs did with their new training facility in NW San Antonio. They have a large permanent screen to show live games, but also movie nights and concerts, food vendors, splash pad, and other things. We just moved to San Antonio last August and they were just finishing it up, but since it's opened it seems like it's always had a great crowd there even when no games are going on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Rock SA.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	18763

Holy Tickets prices for playoff games. We not in the 2010's anymore are we.

20. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Holy Tickets prices for playoff games. We not in the 2010's anymore are we.
    Well over 40% in cumulative inflation since 2010. That’s pretty material.

Yea the prices are wild right now. The hype is fully back.

Seeing row Q and R (the "worst" seats) for $130+.

22. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

The allotment sold out in 30 minutes now resale will be high. Sunday game too so lots of people able to go!

Even though we finished #1 in the West, the national media is still downplaying the Thunder's ability to make it to the WCF. Stating we are still the underdog due to having an inexperienced young team. Some are picking we won't even make it out the 1st round if we have to face the Lakers or Warriors. I hope they prove them wrong.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Not sure I would bet heavily on the Thunder to win the first round either, if they play the Lakers specifically. I could see the deeply-experienced Warriors winning also, but not as skeered of them as I am of LA's length. If they make it past either of those teams I'd call them a toss-up against most of the rest of the field. People underestimate this team.

Lakers - Pelicans tip in a little more than an hour. Then it is Kings-Warriors.

We will have OKC's opponent down to two teams by tonight.

Personally wanting tonight's results to be Lakers W, and Warriors W.

Thread Information