Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Neither of those Golden State games were in the in-season tournament. OKC is 1-2, and for all practical purposes, likely eliminated already.

Standings: https://www.nba.com/in-season-tournament/2023/standings
    The wild card spots will be interesting. I imagine there will be at least a few teams to put through the tie breaker scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    The wild card spots will be interesting. I imagine there will be at least a few teams to put through the tie breaker scenarios.
    OKC does have a great point differential if it comes to that.

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander tonight
    40 PTS
    5 REB
    12 AST
    1 STL
    3 BLK
    Chet Holmgren tonight
    18 PTS
    13 REB
    2 AST
    1 STL
    4 BLK
    Russell and Kevin WHO?

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

.Chicago Bulls 102 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 116

Attendance: 18,203

Next 7 games. Sixers, @Timberwovles, Lakers, @Dallas, Jazz, @Kings, @Nuggets. Not sure who we play in the 2 in season tournament games but next 6 out of 7 are against Playoff teams and legit Playoff teams. So we will see where this team is by Christmas. 4-3 would be good 3-4 wouldn't be horrible. 2-5 we are pretenders 5-2 we are contenders.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Saturday, November 25, 2023
    Philadelphia 76ers @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 4:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

https://m.economictimes.com/news/int.../105450436.cms

Well this seems bad. Apparently Twitter has been blowing up about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    https://m.economictimes.com/news/int.../105450436.cms

Well this seems bad. Apparently Twitter has been blowing up about this.
    meh. I’ll wait to hear the full story before passing any judgement based on posts from an angry Twitter mob. Lots of details missing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    meh. I’ll wait to hear the full story before passing any judgement based on posts from an angry Twitter mob. Lots of details missing.
    Speaking of twitter: Chet deletes Giddy post
    https://www.marca.com/en/basketball/...c768b45fb.html

Yeah if this is true (and it sure looks like it is) Giddey needs to be released ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Yeah if this is true (and it sure looks like it is) Giddey needs to be released ASAP
    It sounds like Giddey is gone one way or the other. Team is honestly better when he’s not on the floor.

Also heard that Joe has reached terms with Sam on a long-term extension. Should be announced publicly pretty soon.

So fill me in I'm out the the loop. He dated someone under the age 18? He had relations with someone under 18? Or no one really knows for sure and typical fashion people on social media making more than what it really is?

I haven’t seen anything verified yet by a major news source, but the info being put out on twitter is that some girl who is a 15 year old high school sophomore posted something bragging about having sexual relations with him and there are photos of the two of them looking “comfortable” with each other (him with no shirt). She’s since deleted the post but the damage was already done.

He has to be gone and there can be no question about it—just the reaction the team will get on the road if he is on the bench is enough.

If he stays the arena vote is in jeopardy also

This isn’t something you can rally behind as a “fake news” event or “us against the world”—the stink of this has to be evacuated from the organization right now and only then we can move forward cleanly and quickly. He did this to himself by being at best extremely stupid and careless.

If the team doesn’t do something Adam Silver will—maybe not to the Ja Morant level but definitely extreme counseling & time away from the team either way—so it’s best to cut ties now.

This cannot fester—the arena vote is less than 3 weeks away not to mention the locker room will completely fracture if this is not addressed now

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    I haven’t seen anything verified yet by a major news source, but the info being put out on twitter is that some girl who is a 15 year old high school sophomore posted something bragging about having sexual relations with him and there are photos of the two of them looking “comfortable” with each other (him with no shirt). She’s since deleted the post but the damage was already done.
    yeah I got bored after Thanksgiving dinner and researched this a little. I think that article was wrong as the evidence they used to back it up was a snipped from a 2022 high school football program (some easily found info if you just go to the source. Just lazy reporting on their part). She’s a junior and most likely 16 or 17. That’s legal in Oklahoma and though not necessarily relevant, Australia, but not in California where it looks like it might have happened…which is where this could get really bad for him depending on how this played out.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderupokc View Post
    He has to be gone and there can be no question about it—just the reaction the team will get on the road if he is on the bench is enough.

If he stays the arena vote is in jeopardy also

This isn’t something you can rally behind as a “fake news” event or “us against the world”—the stink of this has to be evacuated from the organization right now and only then we can move forward cleanly and quickly. He did this to himself by being at best extremely stupid and careless.

If the team doesn’t do something Adam Silver will—maybe not to the Ja Morant level but definitely extreme counseling & time away from the team either way—so it’s best to cut ties now.

This cannot fester—the arena vote is less than 3 weeks away not to mention the locker room will completely fracture if this is not addressed now
    No, you don’t emotionally overreact in the moment and cut him based on a social media freak out. That’s just as dumb as letting him play without consequence for a number of reasons. He needs to be suspended and this needs to be investigated. What if this girl had a fake id and was hanging out in a bar telling everyone she was 21 or something like that and everyone she was with was going along with it? Giddey just turned 21 in October and would be a sophomore or junior in college right now so it’s not like Kevin Durant was hanging around at high school parties or something. At the end of the day the responsibility lies with Giddey to know the law and do his own due diligence if that was the case but acting like he’s a massive pedophile for hanging out with a girl that is 3-4 years younger than him, especially if she was telling him she was over 18, is probably a little extreme without any other context than what some obviously upset person anonymously posted on Twitter.

I believe in due process and the presumption of innocence. I don't think we have enough direct knowledge to call for a suspension immediately.

I am, however, stunned that wealthy young men under age 30 engage in sexual activity.

If nothing else, Giddey needs to be put on whatever the restricted or administrative leave list is called while an investigation goes on. This is not dissimilar from what the Tampa Bay Rays are dealing with with Wander Franco.

Blog Entries

If nothing else, Giddey needs to be put on whatever the restricted or administrative leave list is called while an investigation goes on. This is not dissimilar from what the Tampa Bay Rays are dealing with with Wander Franco.
    So any better can make a fake accusation, take a player out, and bet against the team.

So far, we have seen no credible evidence from a respectable news outlet.

I agree. Although I struggle with the rush to judgement that can follow something like being placed on a restricted list, I also think the playing in the NBA is a privilege. And sometimes an employee is in a situation where being away from the team allows for a more full and fair investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So any better can make a fake accusation, take a player out, and bet against the team.

So far, we have seen no credible evidence from a respectable news outlet.
    If a bettor has video and photographic proof of a player in various states of undress spending a lot of time with a high schooler, then absolutely they can make an accusation, and hopefully it would spur an investigation.

Some things, like child sexual abuse, are bigger than basketball.

According to Oklahoma State law, the age of consent is 16 years.

Blog Entries

If a bettor has video and photographic proof of a player in various states of undress spending a lot of time with a high schooler, then absolutely they can make an accusation, and hopefully it would spur an investigation.

Soon as we have facts, that is true. Otherwise, innuendo is not facts.

I think the NBA and their players union are very skilled at investigating matters quickly and making sound decisions that protect both the player and the league.

No-one is more acutely aware of the image of the NBA and their players.

Blog Entries

So, the first place they go is to the authorities, not TikTok or instagram where info can’t be verified. Let law enforcement handle it unless there are ulterior motives. Vigilantism isn’t justice OR law enforcement.

Thread Information