Widgets Magazine
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 313233343536

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Excuse me if this has already been posted:

ThunderWire:

The Oklahoma City Thunder are parting with the greatest cult hero of 2021.

Oklahoma City announced Friday that they have waived big man Aleksej Pokusevski. The move ends Pokusevski’s tenure in OKC after four seasons.

Washington Wizards 106 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 147

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585437

Attendance: 18,203

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Los Angeles Clippers 107 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 129

Washington Wizards 106 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 147

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585437

Look at all these games that we can't sell out.

This team is officially undefeated in its Gordon Hayward Era.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    This team is officially undefeated in its Gordon Hayward Era.
    And has out rebounded every team they’ve played during the same timeframe by a large margin. Hayward’s mere presence solved the rebounding problem!

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Look at all these games that we can't sell out.
    Official capacity is 18,203. We've sold out the last two in a row (The two you cited vs. Clippers & Wizards).

Paycom Center (Arena) Oklahoma City: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paycom_Center

ESPN NBA Attendance: https://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

At this point I can't see us dropping out of the top 4 in the West. Only 27 games left. First home game will be either April 20th or April 21. https://www.nba.com/news/2024-nba-playoffs-schedule Minnesota has the slight tiebreaker right now but they have many more division games to play. We have 2 left they have 6 3 with Denver and 2 with Utah. The Last 2 games have been pretty full. Thunder started the season as the 2nd cheapest ticket in the NBA only behind Indy. Get out and go see this team while it's still reasonable to get in and easy to get tickets. JS

Moore Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Thunder are 39-17 with 26 games left in the season; if we win half of the games remaining (13) we'll end the season with 52-30.

IIRC our best record was 60-22 in 2013. Thunder could eclipse a 60-game season highest win total since moving to OKC.

Official capacity is 18,203. We've sold out the last two in a row (The two you cited vs. Clippers & Wizards).

Paycom Center (Arena) Oklahoma City: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paycom_Center

ESPN NBA Attendance: https://www.espn.com/nba/attendance
    it was sarcasm. I know the arena capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    it was sarcasm. I know the arena capacity.
    I know PhiAlpha, just having a little fun with you, WELCOME TO OKC, hope you'll settling in. Keep posting my friend.

Thanks for standing up and pointing out the attendance to those who think OKC should be selling out every game.

Just out of Curiosity when did the official selling out of games end? 2019-2020? Or 18-19 season. I know it was up to 355 games at one time which was 3rd best in the League.

Oklahoma City voted one of the best basketball cities in the country: https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/...ey-attendance/

Since the start of the 2009-10 season, the Thunder have gone 294-108 (.734) at Chesapeake Energy Arena, which is the second-best home
    record in the NBA during that span.

Earlier this season, the Thunder extended its home sellout streak to 355 games, which is the third-longest active streak in the NBA (Dallas,
    Miami), passing Sacramento for the 10th longest streak in league history.

Oklahoma City Thunder 123 @ Houston Rockets 110

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401585450

Attendance: 18,055

Tuesday, February 27, 2024
    Houston Rockets @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Paycom Center, OKC - 9:00 PM
    National TV - TNT
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

40 wins before 20 losses. That totally puts us as contenders.

I am just blown away by how efficient SGA is. He is essentially the exact opposite of russell westbrook as a player.
    I think his style of play and the makeup of this team in general will prevent some of the head scratching games in the playoffs OKC has seen in the past.
    If KD or RW weren't on, we could lose. Very hit or miss.

I know PhiAlpha, just having a little fun with you, WELCOME TO OKC, hope you'll settling in. Keep posting my friend.

Thanks for standing up and pointing out the attendance to those who think OKC should be selling out every game.
    Thanks buddy lol. It's good to be back.

18. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

One think I love about Coach Mark is the sheer amount of line ups. He moves people around a ton to get results. Love to see it work out well against Houston who cooked us in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    I am just blown away by how efficient SGA is. He is essentially the exact opposite of russell westbrook as a player.
    I think his style of play and the makeup of this team in general will prevent some of the head scratching games in the playoffs OKC has seen in the past.
    If KD or RW weren't on, we could lose. Very hit or miss.
    I have always liked SGA because he was never really flashy (crazy dunks, extreme high lights every night), but just super efficient. He averaged 30.4 PPG on 56.4% shooting in ten games in February. The high in point was 38, with the low being 23. The high in FG percentage was 75 with the low being 50%. He is just consistent, can play a 1-3 easily, drive, shoot, absorb contact, dunk, scoop, everything.

I remember when we traded for him in the Paul George trade and the Clipper's fans were more upset about losing him that their draft pics and I didn't really know why. We all know why now.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I have always liked SGA because he was never really flashy (crazy dunks, extreme high lights every night), but just super efficient. He averaged 30.4 PPG on 56.4% shooting in ten games in February. The high in point was 38, with the low being 23. The high in FG percentage was 75 with the low being 50%. He is just consistent, can play a 1-3 easily, drive, shoot, absorb contact, dunk, scoop, everything.

I remember when we traded for him in the Paul George trade and the Clipper's fans were more upset about losing him that their draft pics and I didn't really know why. We all know why now.
    Agreed.

After that trade I saw the talent in SGA but never thought he would be the go to guy to lead a team. I thought he could be robin but not batman. Boy was I wrong

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    One think I love about Coach Mark is the sheer amount of line ups. He moves people around a ton to get results. Love to see it work out well against Houston who cooked us in the first half.
    We all realize Mark hasn't won a Division or Conference championship or made the playoffs--but the organization of players and their attentiveness to the coach is so much better than any era of Thunder basketball.

We've all seen Mark Daigneault draw up plays following time outs. Difference--players are attentive; he so masterfully like a surgeon carves up the opponents defense by attacking any weaknesses they have.

Some really great tickets prices for tonight vs the Rockets. Yes it's 9pm but next couple years your might not be able to find tickets this cheap. Upper deck center court $20. Corner Club level $55. High Post Lower for under $100. Not bad at all

Thread Information