Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I think the NBA and their players union are very skilled at investigating matters quickly and making sound decisions that protect both the player and the league.

No-one is more acutely aware of the image of the NBA and their players.
    Yeah, I have no doubt the NBA is doing a rapid response right now, especially with the Thunder playing a marquee game tomorrow vs. the Sixers. I'm sure we'll get some more information before tip-off.

A large number of people need to learn that it’s okay to not have an instant opinion on everything the moment it enters your consciousness and that waiting for the facts to be known is actually good.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    According to Oklahoma State law, the age of consent is 16 years.
    Correct. If this happened in Oklahoma; then there shouldn't be any problem. That's probably why you haven't heard anything from the NBA and probably won't. The NBA isn't looking to create any problems for the league.

Sure, no problem other than the potential of a 21 year old NBA player engaged in a sexual relationship with a 16 year old high schooler, regardless the legality of it

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Sure, no problem other than the potential of a 21 year old NBA player engaged in a sexual relationship with a 16 year old high schooler, regardless the legality of it
    Oh, please. If it’s legal it’s legal. The kid turned 21 last month and the girl’s in high school. Don’t act like it’s some huge moral calamity. He’s a normal, healthy male. As much as so many want to legislate that away, it is what it is, follow the science.

Yes, how terrible that the states want to legislate away adults having sex with minors.

Yes, how terrible that the states want to legislate away adults having sex with minors.
    Again. He just turned 21. I’m just trying to point out that this isn’t exactly some creep show. Of all people, I’m surprised you would be outraged about this. Just from your history here I can make a pretty good guess about your position on minors and transitioning, begging the question: are they children or not. (Sorry, maybe I’m wrong, just a guess.) Point being, this isn’t some sort of pedo thing. Of all things wrong in this world, a kid 21 with a high school girl is not exactly something to be demanding immediate action about and calling for his scalp and career.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    Again. He just turned 21. I’m just trying to point out that this isn’t exactly some creep show. Of all people, I’m surprised you would be outraged about this. Just from your history here I can make a pretty good guess about your position on minors and transitioning, begging the question: are they children or not. (Sorry, maybe I’m wrong, just a guess.) Point being, this isn’t some sort of pedo thing. Of all things wrong in this world, a kid 21 with a high school girl is not exactly something to be demanding immediate action about.
    This is incredible pedophilia apologia

Let me innocently ask you to help us understand and move this forward. I am guessing from your handle you are a Political Science professional who can give us a broad perspective, rather than partisan dogma?

Looks to me that this hits every geopolitical, racial, social, economic and generational hot spot. The liberal elite who are younger than Boomers will see this as sexual abuse, pure and simple-ish. The Bomers were raised on Elvis Presley meeting Priscilla when he was 24, she was 14, what would be called grooming today, and the experiential reality of "that is how the world was then". Giddy being Australian, I would suggest we don't really know what their customs are today. I think we are also dealing in an area of sharp divides in America regarding acceptance within communities that are poor, less educated, and non-white.

Again, an innocent question...can you give us a perspective that is deeper than "I don't like sports #MeToo". I am hoping to get to a broader understanding. Not partisan sniping.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Let me innocently ask you to help us understand and move this forward. I am guessing from your handle you are a Political Science professional who can give us a broad perspective, rather than partisan dogma?

Looks to me that this hits every geopolitical, racial, social, economic and generational hot spot. The liberal elite who are younger than Boomers will see this as sexual abuse, pure and simple-ish. The Bomers were raised on Elvis Presley meeting Priscilla when he was 24, she was 14, what would be called grooming today, and the experiential reality of "that is how the world was then". Giddy being Australian, I would suggest we don't really know what their customs are today. I think we are also dealing in an area of sharp divides in America regarding acceptance within communities that are poor, less educated, and non-white.

Again, an innocent question...can you give us a perspective that is deeper than "I don't like sports #MeToo". I am hoping to get to a broader understanding. Not partisan sniping.

Thanks
    Not sure how much deeper we need to go beyond “21 year olds shouldn’t be sleeping with high schoolers.” I’d wager that, if we asked people on this forum a week ago if they thought it was acceptable for adults to sleep with high schoolers, nearly 100% would say “no, what the hell is wrong with you.” However, now that impacts the Thunder, people are abandoning their principles in the name of a 6 game winning streak.

Also, I love sports. I go to a half dozen Thunder games a year and the same number of OKC Dodgers games. I’m just not willing to sacrifice my principles in the name of fandom.

This is incredible pedophilia apologia
    If you think the above is pedophilia apology, please read about pedophilia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

Pedophilia is sexual attraction to prepubescent children.
    A father of three daughters is hardly an apologist for pedophiles, sorry.

Dob Hooligan: That’s very interesting. I had no idea there was a generational divide on this particular issue. Thanks for that!

The bottom line, for me, is that the accusations and rush to judgment with Josh Giddey is shockingly unfair. It seems almost personal with you PoliSci?

Edit: Just saw your other post. Nobody would give this a second thought unless he was a pro BB player. What part of legal don’t you understand?

Is it a problem if a 17 year old college freshman has a sexual relationship with a 21-22 year old college junior? Because that crap happens all the time.

Half your age plus seven.

Giddy is 21. For the sake of argument, we will round down to 10. 15 is lower than 17. It's a no go for me.

So much for Love being Love. SMH Anyway can we get back to the Thunder. How concerned are we Williams is out again. It's been a week now.

16. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Well TMZ is reporting it now, so it is not just the obscure media sites any longer.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/24/nba-l...ip-with-minor/

Rumors and If always make for a good story. SMH

Blog Entries

76ers vs Thunder (11/25/2023) Paycom Center, OKC - 4:00 p.m.

Injury report:

76ers - Joel Embiid (Day-To-Day) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thunder - Lindy Waters III (Day-To-Day)
    76ers - Kelly Oubre (Out) . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Thunder - Jaylen Williams (Out)

Blog Entries

Philadelphia 76ers 127 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 123

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401584867

Attendance: 17,125

Blog Entries

Tuesday, November 28, 2023
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Minnesota Timberwolves
    Target Center, Minneapolis - 7:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Thunder might be a big bruiser type. Philly and Denver just pushed us around. We have trouble with Physical teams. Worried about Minnesota and Lakers coming up. Next 13 games only 2 are against non playoffs teams. Utah and Memphis. Plus we have the 2 in season tournament games I'm sure one of them will be playoff type team so 15 games until the end of the year. Currently in great shape at 11-5 If we can go even just 6-9 we start the new year off 17-14 January gets a bit easier and February is very manageable

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder103 @ Minnesota Timberwolves 106

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401584146

Attendance: 18,024

Blog Entries

Thursday, November 30. 2023
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ Los Angeles Lakers
    Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles - 7:00 PM
    TV - Bally Sports Oklahoma
    WWLS-The Sports Animal Oklahoma City (98.1 FM), Tulsa (97.1 FM)

Two tough losses. Timberwolves played great defense and we were cold, a good sign it was still competitive.

I think Mark needs to tweak some substitutions from 3Q-4Q regarding Chet/Shai. They are clearly our best players and should be staggered in close-score situations.

Disappointing to let that one slip away but it was a close loss to the top ranked team in the West on the road. Their defense was swarming in that second half.

Thread Information