Widgets Magazine

Thread: BOK Center Drops ASM

Default BOK Center Drops ASM

Pete - Thoughts on BOK dropping ASM for Oak View Group? I was an advocate of Paycom moving away from ASM as I thought they were failing OKC compared to Tulsa. Seems ASM has put a ton of effort into Paycom and the Convention Center since winning a new contract a couple of years ago. I believe Pacom has out grossed the BOK Center the last couple of years. Guess there was pressure to reverse this trend.

Going to be interesting going forward especially with a new arena on deck in OKC. I really hope we build a world class arena and music venue that is the crown jewel of the state.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/go...107f24635.html

Default Re: BOK Center Drops ASM

Wow, I think this is good for OKC as now ASM/AEG will solely focus on Paycom Center and not have what many believed to be a conflict of interest at the BOK Center.

Also, it may light a fire under them since Oak View is being pretty aggressive.

Default Re: BOK Center Drops ASM

Oak View is a group started by ASM/AEG people. Jeff Nickler, etc. were the people who ran BOK at the start and really were the ones that were rockstars in getting it to where it was. After they left (Jeff was the GM for BOK prior to moving to Austin) BOK Center has slowly slipped down the ranks in ticket sales. Oak View runs the new Austin arena and have been knocking it out there so Tulsa management was ready to get rid of ASM/AEG. Would probably benefit Paycom Center/OKC to get rid of ASM/AEG - wasn't a conflict of interest issue, more of a management issue. Jeff and others were the ones that really helped make BOK such a successful and has been apparent there's issues for the last few years. Both BOK and Paycom can do better given market size/demand in this region for ticket sales and concerts.

Thread Information