Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tickets For McKnight Center 2023-2024 Season Go on Sale August 1st

Default Tickets For McKnight Center 2023-2024 Season Go on Sale August 1st

Default Re: Tickets For McKnight Center 2023-2024 Season Go on Sale August 1st

I haven't been but from the pics I've seen it's a beautiful center.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I haven't been but from the pics I've seen it's a beautiful center.
    True that is. The McKnight Center has been quite good for giving older people in the area something new to do and enjoy, since the performances scheduled tend to appeal most of all to them. So, only few college students ever attend. Besides that, given the smallness of the theater the tickets are far from cheap to students, so big name artists, like Tim McGraw, can command huge ticket prices. So, any oldsters who won't come because they fear only college students would be in the audience would be quite wrong for thinking that.

Checked the website. I was a music student back in my undergrad days and we enjoyed student rush at the Phil. $5 with a student ID and you could take any empty seat in the house 5 minutes before the program started. Looks like McKnight has a similar deal with $15 tickets which may be similar to what the Phil charges.

Pretty impressive programming really for a hall in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Checked the website. I was a music student back in my undergrad days and we enjoyed student rush at the Phil. $5 with a student ID and you could take any empty seat in the house 5 minutes before the program started. Looks like McKnight has a similar deal with $15 tickets which may be similar to what the Phil charges.

Pretty impressive programming really for a hall in the middle of nowhere.
    The auditorium of the Bartlesville Community Center is even more remarkable with more impressive architecture and holds 1700 vs 1100 for McKnight Center. It schedules some of the same shows as McKnight. The Bartlesville Community Center is a wonderful tribute to the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, which provided the architect, and a must see for any architecture fan.

Thread Information