Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: July 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: July 2023 - General Weather Discussion

This forecast *will* change but potentially big rains coming next week into the following weekend.

2. Default Re: July 2023 - General Weather Discussion

I hope this is accurate.

The pattern starting on Saturday or so is looking pretty favorable for storms to develop on the Front Range Urban Corridor and then track SE into Oklahoma. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this type of NW flow pattern almost always seems to overperform for us (you only need to go back to the first half of July for an example of that). Fingers crossed that it happens once again.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    This forecast *will* change but potentially big rains coming next week into the following weekend.

If I haven't said it before, Thank You for these updates. I'm guessing you work in a meteorological field or something, but your weather posts are something I always look forward to reading on this forum.

^

Yes, thanks to everyone for the updates on these threads.

The lower temps are always welcome...the rain, not so much during the summer time...especially since I work in a non air-conditioned warehouse. The humidity after lots of rain is atrocious. Alas, it is what it is.

GFS pulling back rain totals across OK next week. Other models still show decent totals. Bottom line it’s going to get cooler with more rain chances just not sure yet how much rain

8. Default Re: July 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The pattern starting on Saturday or so is looking pretty favorable for storms to develop on the Front Range Urban Corridor and then track SE into Oklahoma. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this type of NW flow pattern almost always seems to overperform for us (you only need to go back to the first half of July for an example of that). Fingers crossed that it happens once again.
    Quite a thunderstorm complex just moved out of the front-range urban corridor. Hope it makes it to central OK.

Blog Entries

My funny weather story - have been in New England for 8 days. It was “hot” for them the first few days with highs in the low 80s. Locals were fussing about the heat to no end! Then a front came thru and last few days were 72 for a high and 50s for lows in Maine.

Last night our flight was delayed and finally landed in OKC about 12:45 AM. Got the car and driving home the car temp said 86 - about 15 degrees higher than the HIGHS we were used to. This return STINGS!

Thread Information