Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBA's Seattle Supersonics relocate to Oklahoma City.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: NBA's Seattle Supersonics relocate to Oklahoma City.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    All the more reason(s) for the ownership group to pay for the majority of the physical plant they have first dibs on.
    Agree the ownership needs to pay their share in investing in a new arena.

But until they actually expand the NBA by two franchises and the money is divided among the 30 franchises--we can't claim money that isn't there.

Let's say the NBA expands while the new arena development is under construction; then MAPS or Bonds could be adjusted for the among the ownership group agrees to contribute.

Default Re: NBA's Seattle Supersonics relocate to Oklahoma City.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

I grew up in Seattle and went to Super Sonic games in 1967 onward till they moved. We are still bitter in the way this whole thing came down. Sorry, but I can't root for the Thunder, and it goes deep, not just because they have ugly uniforms Blue and orange??? Dam........

Then don't. No one cares. As if the sonic colors weren't ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentC View Post
    I grew up in Seattle and went to Super Sonic games in 1967 onward till they moved. We are still bitter in the way this whole thing came down. Sorry, but I can't root for the Thunder, and it goes deep, not just because they have ugly uniforms Blue and orange??? Dam........
    Then don’t lol. You can keep your John Deer jerseys.

I get that Sonics fans had their hearts ripped out. But their contempt for OKC is embarrassingly misguided.

6. Default Re: NBA's Seattle Supersonics relocate to Oklahoma City.

What a delightful addition to bump this thread just as the we are gearing up for our playoff weekend. Thanks for taking the time to do this Vince.

Vinney, Not a sole cares who you root for. You might keep a Kleenex box handy for the tears.

Seattle fans always act like they were the first city to lose a sports franchise and like to emphasize how mistreated they were. They forget that they voted not to improve or replace Key Arena and that their legal team was being mauled in Federal court before the final lease buyout was agreed upon. Then, in a show of hypocrisy, a few years later they tried to lure another city’s team to Seattle, the Sacramento Kings.

I continue to believe the early Thunder uniforms were inspired by the Knicks. Blue and orange has been popular with both the Knicks and MLB Mets for many years.

10. Default Re: NBA's Seattle Supersonics relocate to Oklahoma City.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I continue to believe the early Thunder uniforms were inspired by the Knicks. Blue and orange has been popular with both the Knicks and MLB Mets for many years.
    For our blue sky and blazing sunsets! I love the colors. Now the logo...that's a different story. I am proud to wear it because of what it represents, but I would love an overhaul at some point. Sorry not sorry to derail this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Vinney, Not a sole cares who you root for. You might keep a Kleenex box handy for the tears.
    LOL.. Kevin Durant cried too. My Soul dosen't take anything out on the OKL City fans, it was the underhanded new owner we dislike. Plus, I don't give Starbucks ( the old owner) any business in protest of selling to that snake oil salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Dob, that could be, in my view the Knicks kit looks better. I would have thought the Thunder would have gone more of a storm type color scheme, it's a cool name. I am a life long Green Bay Packer fan, so in 1967 I loved the Soncis pick of Green and Gold. We all have our likes and dislikes in fashion

LOL.. Plus, I don't give Starbucks ( the old owner) any business in protest of selling to that snake oil salesmen.
    Lots of rich execs from Microsoft and Amazon in Seattle. Why didn’t any of them step up to buy the Sonics? Heck, Steve Balmer bought the Clippers and is spending a billion of his own money to build a new arena in LA. Perhaps they saw the same thing that Howard Schultz saw, keeping the Sonics in Seattle was not viable economically. At the time of the sale, the Sonics were terrible, had low attendance and played in an outdated arena with no prospects for a new one. If a business does not get the support it needs to survive, it either moves or goes out of business.

LOL.. Kevin Durant cried too. My Soul dosen't take anything out on the OKL City fans, it was the underhanded new owner we dislike. Plus, I don't give Starbucks ( the old owner) any business in protest of selling to that snake oil salesmen.
    lololololol ok

Quote Originally Posted by Mesta Parker View Post
    Seattle fans always act like they were the first city to lose a sports franchise and like to emphasize how mistreated they were. They forget that they voted not to improve or replace Key Arena and that their legal team was being mauled in Federal court before the final lease buyout was agreed upon. Then, in a show of hypocrisy, a few years later they tried to lure another city’s team to Seattle, the Sacramento Kings.
    Thankfully, the voters voted no on Kings moving to Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    Thankfully, the voters voted no on Kings moving to Seattle
    from
    From a Seattle perspective, let's set the record straight. Starbucks Chairman and CEO Howard Schultz, who led the Basketball Club of Seattle, sold the SuperSonics to Clay Bennett in 2006.

Snake oil Clay stated he would not move the Sonics to Oklahoma City, but did under the precept Seattle would not upgrade Key Arena.... Well , Seattle had upgrae that site....

Anyway, I do not hold any ill will towards the good folks of Oklahoma City... Onward and Upward....

Blog Entries

^ ^ ^
    2006, Oklahoma businessmen purchased the NBA Supersonics for $350 million. You're correct VincentC, let's set the record straight, Howard Schultz is the villain soaked with greed who sold the Supersonics to the Oklahoma businessmen.

If Schultz had done his homework, he had to know that Oklahoma City had an arena capable of supporting an NBA franchise as noted by the overwhelming support of the NBA Hornets in 2006 (18,168) and 2007 (17,833). And let's not forget your Mayor Greg Nickels (Schultz' partner in crime) who didn't do enough to keep the franchise in the Emerald City.

Seattle now has an outstanding facility, No. 1 on the list for NBA expansion and the Oklahoma Professional Basketball Club LLC owns the 'naming rights' for the Seattle Supersonics brand--are willing to part with those rights. Surely something can be worked out to bring the Seattle Supersonics' name back to Seattle.

Anyway, I do not hold any ill-will towards the good folks of Seattle, looking forward to a healthy NBA rivalry between Seattle and Oklahoma City.

Blog Entries

from
    From a Seattle perspective, let's set the record straight. Starbucks Chairman and CEO Howard Schultz, who led the Basketball Club of Seattle, sold the SuperSonics to Clay Bennett in 2006.

Snake oil Clay stated he would not move the Sonics to Oklahoma City, but did under the precept Seattle would not upgrade Key Arena.... Well , Seattle had upgrae that site....

Anyway, I do not hold any ill will towards the good folks of Oklahoma City... Onward and Upward....
    We don’t hold any ill will towards you for deceitfully spinning the story with Seattle propaganda. And yes, it’s been onward and upward in OKC. Thunder up OKC!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Here's a crying sole.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_c29571db-b6fe-4fda-b4a2-c4a79e440c70.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	18783

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    We don’t hold any ill will towards you for deceitfully spinning the story with Seattle propaganda. And yes, it’s been onward and upward in OKC. Thunder up OKC!
    "deceitfully spinning?" Not at all.

SEATTLE -- Former SuperSonics owner Howard Schultz has added a third claim to a lawsuit that seeks to void the team's 2006 sale to new owners who are planning to move the Sonics to Oklahoma City.

The Starbucks Corp. chairman has amended his federal court lawsuit to allege that Clay Bennett and his Oklahoma-based partners breached their contract with Schultz and other Sonics owners by not making a realistic and full effort to find a new arena in Western Washington before applying to move the team.

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3407194

I also stated I boycotted Starbucks over the whole debacle. And hold no umbrage towards the nice people of Oklahoma, I visit the city frequently, doing IT work at Tinker. My favorite watering hole is- The Landing Zone in Midwest City.
    if Seattle does get a Sonics franchise, it would be a fun rivalry, most likely even a stronger one than the Seattle-Portland rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Here's a crying sole.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_c29571db-b6fe-4fda-b4a2-c4a79e440c70.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	18783
    LOL, well done.

LOL, well done.
    AI generated images are amazing.

Blog Entries

Got to give you credit VincentC, glad you have a sense of humor.

Blog Entries

"deceitfully spinning?" Not at all.

SEATTLE -- Former SuperSonics owner Howard Schultz has added a third claim to a lawsuit that seeks to void the team's 2006 sale to new owners who are planning to move the Sonics to Oklahoma City.

The Starbucks Corp. chairman has amended his federal court lawsuit to allege that Clay Bennett and his Oklahoma-based partners breached their contract with Schultz and other Sonics owners by not making a realistic and full effort to find a new arena in Western Washington before applying to move the team.

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3407194

I also stated I boycotted Starbucks over the whole debacle. And hold no umbrage towards the nice people of Oklahoma, I visit the city frequently, doing IT work at Tinker. My favorite watering hole is- The Landing Zone in Midwest City.
    if Seattle does get a Sonics franchise, it would be a fun rivalry, most likely even a stronger one than the Seattle-Portland rivalry.
    So, you take claims in a lawsuit to be “facts”. You must live in an interesting real world.

25. Default Re: NBA's Seattle Supersonics relocate to Oklahoma City.

A 15 year old lawsuit

Thread Information