Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Love's Field (softball)

Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Wow, who works faster, the sod guys or Pete?

If anyone is there, is that courtyard with the mobile big screens permanent? I know originally Imhoff was supposed to be rerouted through the southern lot. Hopefully the city changed their mind.

No not permanent. I’m in the stadium and have tons of photos I’ll add when I can.

How do you build a $50 million dollar stadium and screw up the main camera angle?

4. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

The centerfield camera can't be in the batter's eye.

5. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

It looks really good on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by VanHammersly View Post
    How do you build a $50 million dollar stadium and screw up the main camera angle?
    i guess i'm confused by what you mean... i haven't seen a terrible angle so far

7. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    out field seat are great seats in softball
    True. When I can get outfield tickets I prefer them.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i guess i'm confused by what you mean... i haven't seen a terrible angle so far
    I’ll get over it but it’s a good 10 yards too far to the right. It makes it really hard to tell if the ball is over the plate.

I’ll get over it but it’s a good 10 yards too far to the right. It makes it really hard to tell if the ball is over the plate.
    meh its softball... half the time the ref can't tell if it went over the plate or not.

It can't be straight-on. Even in baseball, they don't have them straight-on.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    It can't be straight-on. Even in baseball, they don't have them straight-on.
    I know that.

IMG_4528.jpeg

IMG_4527.jpeg

12. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

The angle is a little bit toward 3rd from the second example but not enough to be an issue. And not enough that many viewers would even notice.

13. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Tied end of 5. Go ladies. Need to win the first game in our new house!

The crowd just looks amazing. Having a full outfield of fans just makes the stadium look big league.

15. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Great way to welcome the new field!!!!!!!

That was great fun! I’ll post more later.

17. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

I didn't even notice until the second game but the outfield bleachers nearest the center had people in them. They got those together in no time.

Flipping around ESPN+ at other games really makes you appreciate what a monster Love’s Field is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I didn't even notice until the second game but the outfield bleachers nearest the center had people in them. They got those together in no time.
    Looking at some press photos after the dedication you can see they were installing them up until pre-game.

20. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

I also heard a recap of an interview with Joe C this afternoon where he said there is a spot designated for a Patty Gasso statue. It couldn't be any other way. She brought them from a park that they had to clean up trash from before they played to a national power whose records are amazing. I just hope the statue does her justice. No offense to my school but a couple of the football statues do not look good.

I also heard a recap of an interview with Joe C this afternoon where he said there is a spot designated for a Patty Gasso statue. It couldn't be any other way. She brought them from a park that they had to clean up trash from before they played to a national power whose records are amazing. I just hope the statue does her justice. No offense to my school but a couple of the football statues do not look good.
    I hope they name a building or something for Marita too. She’s basically the godmother of modern NCAA softball and made OKC the destination for the World Series.

Plus her coaching tree seems huge

Has there been any statement on what will happen to Marita Hynes Field. While there are plenty of cases of old fields being demolished or kept around, the proximity of Reaves Park's softball complex could help argument to keep it as a higher tier rec league or tournament field in Norman, around three quarters the seating seems relatively easy to remove to scale down for smaller crowds. Plus OU still used it this weekend for the multiple visiting teams in town to play against each other while OU played others on the new field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Has there been any statement on what will happen to Marita Hynes Field. While there are plenty of cases of old fields being demolished or kept around, the proximity of Reaves Park's softball complex could help argument to keep it as a higher tier rec league or tournament field in Norman, around three quarters the seating seems relatively easy to remove to scale down for smaller crowds. Plus OU still used it this weekend for the multiple visiting teams in town to play against each other while OU played others on the new field.
    There was speculation that the location could be used for football. Long term the maintenance expense might not be worth the upkeep unfortunately.

There was speculation that the location could be used for football. Long term the maintenance expense might not be worth the upkeep unfortunately.
    The concept where everything between of the football stadium and golf course being converted to football training and support for the stadium seem more plausible than moving any sort of football practice that far south.

I could see if that happened track and field's replacement facilities getting moved down that far south, though some of the empty fields that are on the other side of a road from Lloyd Noble parking might be better locations for event days.

Thread Information