Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Love's Field (softball)

Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There have been near-ideal weather conditions for the last month and it looks like that will hold right up until opening day, a huge stroke of luck considering we are talking about the entirety of February.

They still have tons of concrete to pour just to get the concourses usable.

Nothing like a hard deadline to get everyone focused!
    I wonder if they are working under the lights now? I don't live in Norman or I would drive by and look.

2. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

I still feel like they have a lot to get it ready for day 1 but a full week of good weather should help. Interesting to see how it all gets done. Going to really be a great ballpark. A few good spots for a Patty statue

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I still feel like they have a lot to get it ready for day 1 but a full week of good weather should help. Interesting to see how it all gets done. Going to really be a great ballpark. A few good spots for a Patty statue
    I agree with you FTGF. None of this would have been necessary without HC Patty Gasso elevating OU into the softball stratosphere. This is HC Patty Gasso's 30th year at OU and she took the program from Reaves Park, with players having to pick up trash before the games, to Love's Field. Now her name needs to be outside the front of the stadium with either Patty Gasso Stadium or Patty Gasso Family Stadium to go along with the already planned statue of her. This is the least that should be done to honor her for what she has accomplished while coaching the Sooner softball team.

4. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Quote Originally Posted by Bodie View Post
    I agree with you FTGF. None of this would have been necessary without HC Patty Gasso elevating OU into the softball stratosphere. This is HC Patty Gasso's 30th year at OU and she took the program from Reaves Park, with players having to pick up trash before the games, to Love's Field. Now her name needs to be outside the front of the stadium with either Patty Gasso Stadium or Patty Gasso Family Stadium to go along with the already planned statue of her. This is the least that should be done to honor her for what she has accomplished while coaching the Sooner softball team.
    I'm sure this will happen, but may be after she retires. I think she would want it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by HillcountrySooner View Post
    I'm sure this will happen, but may be after she retires. I think she would want it that way.
    Yeah, didn't they have the statue of bob stoops already done a couple years before he retired but waited till after retirement to either officially announce it or put it on public display.

6. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Pete - you taking pics of Love's today or tomorrow? Answer might save me from checking this thread every 30 minutes.

From Saturday 2/24 around noon:

Great Pics Pete !

Coming down the stretch

Thank you, Pete. Wow, everything is looking great. I surprised they are using real plants for the hitters eye and not artificial turf. It’s going to look great.

My only nitpick is the bright red backstop that doesn’t match the chair backs.

Looks great. I’m sure the concrete work will continue all weekend.

Is the area behind the outfield bleachers going to be grass?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Looks great. I’m sure the concrete work will continue all weekend.

Is the area behind the outfield bleachers going to be grass?
    I noticed while watching the baseball game last night that the lights at Love’s were on. I bet they are working around the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Great Pics Pete !

Coming down the stretch
    Agree Bellaboo and a huge shoutout to Pete for all of the pics he's been providing to all of us. And hat's off to all of the workers who are working so hard to get Love's Field up and running in time for the first game this coming Friday.

Love's Field Game Day information and policies, including information on the pregame dedication.

https://soonersports.com/news/2024/2...an-information

Unless they modify this It seems like concessions and bathrooms are expected to be finished for fans. I was wondering if the trailers on the right field concrete slab were portable bathrooms, but they might be portable locker rooms instead.

15. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

for as many seats that are in the outfield, I think they should look in the next few years of putting a permanent bathroom/concession somewhere beyond the outfield seats.

Quote Originally Posted by HillcountrySooner View Post
    for as many seats that are in the outfield, I think they should look in the next few years of putting a permanent bathroom/concession somewhere beyond the outfield seats.
    Someone on Soonerscoop said they heard the outfield wont' be ready for this weekend? Any ticket holders hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by VanHammersly View Post
    Someone on Soonerscoop said they heard the outfield wont' be ready for this weekend? Any ticket holders hear this?
    It may just be the two sections on either side of dead center.

If you look at my photos from Saturday, looks like they had a long way to go. There are not many seats in those sections.

New footage from twitter. https://x.com/ou_softball/status/176...biAPJAxJhTwfZw

To Pete’s point it does seem like that small outfield section is still looking rough.

IMG_4520.jpeg

19. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Quote Originally Posted by VanHammersly View Post
    New footage from twitter. https://x.com/ou_softball/status/176...biAPJAxJhTwfZw

To Pete’s point it does seem like that small outfield section is still looking rough.

IMG_4520.jpeg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHX28tWa...jpg&name=large this pic from Twitter today looks like it could be a couple of days old. Pete's pics from Saturday showed shrub being planted in CF

I'm not sure when I'll ever get tickets, so if you go, take lots of photos and videos for us!

Taken 2/28 11 AM:

22. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Wow they are hustling.

I believe that large dirt area down the 1st base line (identified as Fan Plaza on the stadium map) will eventually be covered in artificial turf. Not sure if that will get done before Friday's opener.

Also, I don't understand what they are doing in sections 16 & 18 on either side of dead center field. Tons and tons of work to put in stone risers and artificial turf and then just cover it up with aluminum benches? Why? It looks like they may be removable but what is the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Also, I don't understand what they are doing in sections 16 & 18 on either side of dead center field. Tons and tons of work to put in stone risers and artificial turf and then just cover it up with aluminum benches? Why? It looks like they may be removable but what is the point of that?
    okay. glad i'm not the only one completely confused by that.

Great photos Pete!

Thread Information