Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Love's Field (softball)

Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

2. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Great pictures! As always.

^^^ Impressive ^^^

I took my 4 year old to the game yesterday and had a great experience. This was our first ever softball game; I think it may be the best OKC-area sports experience to take young kids to. The place was sold out but I managed to get pretty cheap tickets on a third-party ticket site in the outfield - price was comparable to a minor league baseball game. There are a ton of spots for the standing room only ticket holders to stand and have a great view of the game, so we probably could've done that. The parking in the NE corner of LNC's parking lot is very easy and close to the gate. The legroom in the bleachers is great, concession lines were very short, family bathrooms, etc. Just all around great experience. I think we were sitting around a lot of season ticket holders -- the softball fan base is INCREDIBLY nice and seemed happy, not bothered, that I had a four-year-old in tow. That's not always the experience at other sporting events.

^

All the seats are sold out to season ticket holders but sometimes they sell them through the OU-partner SeatGeek.

I agree it's a great setup with easy parking, quick ticket scanning on your phone for entry, plenty of concessions and restrooms, and just a quality place.

I expect things will improve even more -- especially for kids -- when they get the Fan Zone going on the big grassy spot inside the gates.

Side note: I had a SRO ticket on opening day and would not do that again. All the seats were super expensive (not the case for the large majority of future games) and I just wanted to get inside, see it for myself and take some photos. But it was hard to see the entire field from any of the standing spots and by the time you take the long walk to and from the car, you will be standing for around 3 hours and as things are now, there is nowhere to sit at all -- even near concessions -- for that entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by john60 View Post
    I took my 4 year old to the game yesterday and had a great experience. This was our first ever softball game
    John, with all do respect, please don't go to another one until we 4 peat!

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    John, with all do respect, please don't go to another one until we 4 peat!
    Ha, I have not stopped catching grief about this. My four year old was weeks old the last time the Sooners lost!

Quote Originally Posted by john60 View Post
    Ha, I have not stopped catching grief about this. My four year old was weeks old the last time the Sooners lost!
    your 4 year old was a 3 year old the last time the sooners lost

10. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

He didn't say HOW many weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    He didn't say HOW many weeks!
    lol well played

Took these last night; lights were on even though the team is in Lubbock.

Some more from yesterday (Saturday).

They continue to install sod. Note they have added some tables and chairs to the 'Fan Zone'; the grassy area down the first base line. The stockade fence beyond the outfield should eventually come down as it was used for construction.

14. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

What a much-deserved showplace for that program. I remain curious about the long term plan for that fan zone area. It doesn’t make much sense as-is, and regular high-traffic programming on grass seems like a major upkeep challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    What a much-deserved showplace for that program. I remain curious about the long term plan for that fan zone area. It doesn’t make much sense as-is, and regular high-traffic programming on grass seems like a major upkeep challenge.
    I really expected it to be artificial turf, but the big downside is that it gets very hot.

But I thought they'd put down the fake stuff and then have lots of tents and bounce houses and food trucks... Not exactly sure what they plan to do with all that space, but real grass will be a limiter.

16. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Those pictures with the lights on are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Took these last night; lights were on even though the team is in Lubbock.

Spectacular.

18. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Agreed!

I went to the game last night. The stadium is legit. I had standing room only, but was able to get a good spot on the first base line, and later a really good empty seat near the visitors dugout. My only complaint is that there wasn’t an HTeaO stand!

Pete, thanks again for all the pictures! Do you have any knowledge of when the locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc. will be completed? I haven't been able to find any plans or renderings of what those spaces will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSeth View Post
    Pete, thanks again for all the pictures! Do you have any knowledge of when the locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc. will be completed? I haven't been able to find any plans or renderings of what those spaces will look like.
    The only thing I saw about this was the team was planning to move into the new locker rooms in April.

No idea if that has already happened.

22. Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

I was told today the team is practicing on Love's Field now, and using the indoor hitting facility. The plans are to move in to the locker room and offices the week of May 12. That was from the director of ops for the team.

From Sunday.

They still only have 3 tables in the area near the food trucks; I'm sure they'll add more but not sure what they are waiting for.

I was a bit surprised the entire 'fan plaza' was not concrete or some other hard surface, but that it has what looks like dirt with bushes by the area planned for food trucks is even weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I was a bit surprised the entire 'fan plaza' was not concrete or some other hard surface, but that it has what looks like dirt with bushes by the area planned for food trucks is even weirder.
    For the life of me, I can't understand why they just didn't do artificial turf.

Would allow for a play area, can easily place tons of tables and tents.

As of now, there are several food trucks but nowhere to sit and eat and drink other than your seat, and if you have a standing-room ticket you are completely out of luck.

Thread Information