Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question about restaurant ethics.

Default Re: A question about restaurant ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    They're very similar. And I never said it's an absolute copy. I asked what level of copying would be unethical. And apparently the answer is that copying is fine. I've learned something. That's why I ask questions.
    Have you been to Hacienda yet? I love their nachos and also their queso with ground beef. My biggest gripe is their service, whether in the bar or in the restaurant. Just not very urgent, at all, but the food is terrific so I usually just get it to go.

I am of the opinion that most of the Tex Mex places around here are indistinguishable from one another, and that doesn't really bother me at all. I'm a pretty basic TexMex guy, so I can pretty much go to any of them and be happy.

It also could be a case of the Hacienda owner seeing what he wants to see. I have no idea about the other place, but there's not much about Hacienda that's all that unique, to me. It's a basic mall TexMex place.

2. Default Re: A question about restaurant ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Have you been to Hacienda yet? I love their nachos and also their queso with ground beef. My biggest gripe is their service, whether in the bar or in the restaurant. Just not very urgent, at all, but the food is terrific so I usually just get it to go.

I am of the opinion that most of the Tex Mex places around here are indistinguishable from one another, and that doesn't really bother me at all. I'm a pretty basic TexMex guy, so I can pretty much go to any of them and be happy.

It also could be a case of the Hacienda owner seeing what he wants to see. I have no idea about the other place, but there's not much about Hacienda that's all that unique, to me. It's a basic mall TexMex place.
    Yes. We've been a couple of times now. We love it. The nachos are great. As are the beef burrito and stacked enchiladas. We each had dinner there and 2 lunches of leftovers each.

We had no issues with the service. My wife loves to ask about different items. The bartender answered all of them and added some input on her favorite items. We'll be trying some of them on future visits.

You are right about it being a typical mall Tex-Mex place. But with, in our opinion, decent sized portions of very good food.

Yes. We've been a couple of times now. We love it. The nachos are great. As are the beef burrito and stacked enchiladas. We each had dinner there and 2 lunches of leftovers each.

We had no issues with the service. My wife loves to ask about different items. The bartender answered all of them and added some input on her favorite items. We'll be trying some of them on future visits.

You are right about it being a typical mall Tex-Mex place. But with, in our opinion, decent sized portions of very good food.
    Totally agree with you on the food. I usually get the brisket or pulled pork nachos and a big thing of queso and beef, and it lasts me a few meals at home. Don't get me wrong, the service is just very casual for my preferences. No real sense of urgency. But it's so close to my house that it's not a big deal to order ahead for pick up.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	11 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	18108  

5. Default Re: A question about restaurant ethics.

Totally agree with you on the food. I usually get the brisket or pulled pork nachos and a big thing of queso and beef, and it lasts me a few meals at home. Don't get me wrong, the service is just very casual for my preferences. No real sense of urgency. But it's so close to my house that it's not a big deal to order ahead for pick up.
    We like to stay a while and talk to the bartenders and regulars we get to know so a sense of urgency isn't something we would notice. As long as her wine and my beer aren't empty we're happy.

6. Default Re: A question about restaurant ethics.

We met after work today for taco tuesday. The service was less than casual. It was non existent. We sat at the bar with another guy for 30 minutes and never saw an employee. I had such high hopes. I sent an email which looks like it goes directly to the owner's email. Hopefully it gets taken seriously.
    Edit: He responded that they're mostly focused as being a food counter service place. But they have a Happy Hour food and drink menu. That doesn't compute!"

We met after work today for taco tuesday. The service was less than casual. It was non existent. We sat at the bar with another guy for 30 minutes and never saw an employee. I had such high hopes. I sent an email which looks like it goes directly to the owner's email. Hopefully it gets taken seriously.
    Edit: He responded that they're mostly focused as being a food counter service place. But they have a Happy Hour food and drink menu. That doesn't compute!"
    At Hacienda? That's been my exact experience at the bar. Too bad, because if they just had someone back there during happy hours it could be a great little spot.

8. Default Re: A question about restaurant ethics.

At Hacienda? That's been my exact experience at the bar. Too bad, because if they just had someone back there during happy hours it could be a great little spot.
    Which location? Up north or Midtown?

9. Default Re: A question about restaurant ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    North.
    An additional note. I looked up the store's contact email, which is the owners email and described the lack of service. He first replied that he'd look at the security video and verify what happened. Then early this morning he replied again that I was right and that lack of service is "inexcusable". He added that some of the staff was off attending a wedding of one of the staff. He said he'll do something to address the situation. That gets them at least one more try next week.

North.
    An additional note. I looked up the store's contact email, which is the owners email and described the lack of service. He first replied that he'd look at the security video and verify what happened. Then early this morning he replied again that I was right and that lack of service is "inexcusable". He added that some of the staff was off attending a wedding of one of the staff. He said he'll do something to address the situation. That gets them at least one more try next week.
    I can attest your experience has been mine every time I've sat in the bar (maybe 5 times, total). I never thought to email anyone about it, though. I do hope they address it. I'd love to go back for happy hour.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Northpark

12. Default Re: A question about restaurant ethics.

I can attest your experience has been mine every time I've sat in the bar (maybe 5 times, total). I never thought to email anyone about it, though. I do hope they address it. I'd love to go back for happy hour.
    We gave them another try after work today. That puts us there about 4 o'clock. 180 degree difference from last Tuesday. Food was great as usual but today the service was equal to the food. We'll be regulars if this is normal. And to be fair since I complained via email last week I praised via email today.

We gave them another try after work today. That puts us there about 4 o'clock. 180 degree difference from last Tuesday. Food was great as usual but today the service was equal to the food. We'll be regulars if this is normal. And to be fair since I complained via email last week I praised via email today.
    Good to hear!

I've seen it happen while sitting in stitch a few times, some people come by and ask the manager how to go about opening a coffee shop. I found it strange, but they did mention it happens. The city, and suburbs alike, could use a step up in the field anyway.

Thread Information