Widgets Magazine

Thread: 15 Fast Food Chains Closing Stores This Summer

Default 15 Fast Food Chains Closing Stores This Summer

Saw this on YouTube. A few are here in Oklahoma, some I've never even heard of before.

https://youtu.be/qeOREisnS4c

Default Re: 15 Fast Food Chains Closing Stores This Summer

All chains, including McDonalds and Wal Mart all close stores once in a while. There are a couple in there like Quiznos and Taco Bueno that are actually on the ropes. Sometimes there is just better competition.

Duncan Donuts at 33rd and Broadway in Edmond closed.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Duncan Donuts at 33rd and Broadway in Edmond closed.
    I've seen rumors that they're opening a location at 15th and Kelly to replace this location. No idea if they're accurate or not though.

No. 9 Pie 5 closed in Stillwater about a couple of years ago. It couldn't compete against the well established pizza places which have been popular for many years, such as Mazzio's and the Hideaway for starters. Chico's, a local Mexican, recently moved there from their old location. Their food is still good. It's a big hit there. Next door to that is Five Guys. It doesn't do as well. It doesn't even have a drive-up. But fortunately, it's not on the list of closings. Chipotle wasn't either. I'm not surprised. It's quite popular in Stillwater.

In-N-Out Burger wasn't on the list, either. I'm sure people who have been there before must love that and wish it would come to OKC. Yet, I'll never understand how a burger place with such an unappetizing sounding name can be so good. I guess their food there has to be experienced firsthand to believe just how good it is.

Quiznos on the close list has been closed in Stillwater for a long while. When a Mexican place, like Quiznos, can't survive when it's across the street from a university must say a lot as to how undesirable its food must be. For now, it appears that it's finally going to reopen soon to something else.

I've never gotten the In-N-Out Burger love. I've had it, and it's fine. I guess if I lived in a town and the only burger place was McDonald's, it would be a godsend, but nowadays there are so many decent burger chains (both local and national). Plus, I'd put Whataburger up against In-N-Out any day.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I've never gotten the In-N-Out Burger love. I've had it, and it's fine. I guess if I lived in a town and the only burger place was McDonald's, it would be a godsend, but nowadays there are so many decent burger chains (both local and national). Plus, I'd put Whataburger up against In-N-Out any day.
    Whataburger has gone downhill since their buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Whataburger has gone downhill since their buyout.
    I've probably only had them once since 2020 so I haven't really noticed. Lately Freddy's has been about my favorite chain burger place. Although it really depends on location - quality varies wildly.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I've probably only had them once since 2020 so I haven't really noticed. Lately Freddy's has been about my favorite chain burger place. Although it really depends on location - quality varies wildly.
    Can confirm. May and NW Grand Blvd was awesome (I guess they closed since I went there last). I remember Hefner and Rockwell being pretty good as well. Edmond is alright. I tried Quail Springs but no one was there to take our order. We waited a minute, because we love Freddy's. But alas, we gave up and haven't tried it since.

Thread Information