Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sideline Bar & Grill

Default Re: Sideline Bar & Grill

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I met a couple friends here last night to watch the NBA Finals. The place was fairly busy, with 10 - 12 people at the bar, about 7 or 8 tables inside and a couple groups on the patio.

Negatives: They have NO beers on tap and do not even have a drink/beer list, so I had to just guess as to whether they had a certain brand available and what it cost. They were also out of Miller Lite and Michelob Ultra. They server had no idea how to use the handheld ordering system and basically just stood at our table while she figured it out, which was annoying AF. The place also doesn't seem to have much of a "vibe" to it. They may be advertising themselves as a sports bar, but it could easily be mistaken for a hamburger joint or just any other neighborhood bar.

Positives: There are TV's all over the place, so it was easy to get a good view of the game. We didn't order entrees, but the Mozzarella Cheese Sticks we ordered arrived quickly and were hot and very tasty.

Overall, it was a so-so experience. It's nice to have another sports bar as an option, but I would rather watch a game elsewhere where the screens are bigger, like The Garage in Midtown.
    No beers on tap seems like a bit of a miss for a sports bar.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    A can of Modelo was $6. The High Noon seltzers were $8.

All in with tax and tip, 4 adult beverages came to almost $43. That's pretty pricey for a sports bar, in my opinion.
    lol comically high priced ..

Yikes.

I don't see any way that this, RadBar, and Grand Royale all make it until the end of the year, it's just a matter of which one(s) bite(s) the dust. Too many mediocre concepts in an area where the rent is too high for mediocre concepts to work.

5. Default Re: Sideline Bar & Grill

^^^ This. And with no tap beer and those prices for can/bottle beers? i'm I know which one I would bet on not making it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol comically high priced ..
    When I go to other cities, even "expensive" ones, beer is generally cheaper. Why is it so pricey in OKC establishments? Is it related to the alcohol taxes?

Very interesting considering their Norman location had $3 pitchers advertised on their saved instagram story a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Very interesting considering their Norman location had $3 pitchers advertised on their saved instagram story a few months back.
    that kind of thing is required in a college town like norman ..

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    When I go to other cities, even "expensive" ones, beer is generally cheaper. Why is it so pricey in OKC establishments? Is it related to the alcohol taxes?
    both that and that some owners think they can get away with it ..

this is the primary reason Urban Jonnies failed ..

1 they wanted to charge much higher prices for their burgers then they do at "normal" jonnies ..

and 2 they had crazy high drink prices .. (which pretty much made a spot locals didn't want to go and watch a game for 3-4 hours)

toward the end they created tons of beer specials while pretty much any sports was on TV but by then they are already turned off deep deuce residents ..

Maybe due to old fashion greed?

11. Default Re: Sideline Bar & Grill

I've never understood this. As I said in another thread I have a friend that I used to go see in Dallas often. There's a Hooters that you can almost see Jerry World and the Rangers stadium. Last time I went a large domestic draft there was 4.50. In the OKC stores they were 5.25. I would think with the location the Arlington store would be considerably more expensive.

I’ve been in LA and a can of Coors Light is $8 at most places.

Went last week, music was obnoxious...not piping in game audio seems like a bad idea for a sports bar. Was also really expensive for a couple beers and shots.

Thread Information