Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: June 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Man, OKC can't buy a major rain event. It's gong to be dry for a long time, with upper 90 degree temps next week. This was our chance to get caught up on rain, or maybe even ahead. But no. Mother nature is still against us.

Thank you all for your coverage! It was much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Man, OKC can't buy a major rain event. It's gong to be dry for a long time, with upper 90 degree temps next week. This was our chance to get caught up on rain, or maybe even ahead. But no. Mother nature is still against us.

Thank you all for your coverage! It was much appreciated!
    They're still Saturday night early Sunday morning

These complexes haven’t been dropping as much rain as I had hoped. Very different than the MCS complexes last June that consistently dumped 2-3”. Very odd weather pattern that we’ve been in for the past month

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    These complexes haven’t been dropping as much rain as I had hoped. Very different than the MCS complexes last June that consistently dumped 2-3”. Very odd weather pattern that we’ve been in for the past month
    I easily agree. The storm in Stillwater when it came in just consisted of a fairly mild gust front, wind didn't get over 30 mph, and light rain that never turned heavy and so rainfall amount was only around a .1". Hardly any lightning and thunder. You can't get totally out of a drought with such consistently light rain amounts. That storm system moved so fast across the state that it didn't produce any 1 inch plus amounts except in part of the southern part of the state.

Depending on the model, tomorrow looks almost like a carbon copy of what happened last night. Probably won't be as much instability, however. The high res NAM and the HRRR are differing quite a bit with what to expect. Looks like the NAM is expecting a bit higher dew points and a messier system overall with some larger storms down to the southwest and an MCS that initiates southeast of the city. The HRRR looks a bit more concerning with large supercells remaining intact and isolated heading into the city followed by a large MCS that initiates northwest of the city and hits us pretty good. I get the feeling like if dewpoints stay low and rapidly increase prior to storm initiation (like yesterday), the results will be more like the HRRR run, but if dewpoints are high early, we could get a messy complex of storms and rain showers.

Picked up an additional 1" in both rain gauges on my property from last nights storms. Thankfully no hail at my location.

Hoping for a good statewide rainfall tomorrow, as this appears to be the last chance for meaningful precipitation for the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Hoping for a good statewide rainfall tomorrow, as this appears to be the last chance for meaningful precipitation for the next week or so.
    Agree. Though overall the state is in the best shape it has been in for perhaps over a year if not longer

SPC has upgraded the entire state to Enhanced Risk for tomorrow. Again, this is primarily for damaging wind threat associated with MCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    SPC has upgraded the entire state to Enhanced Risk for tomorrow. Again, this is primarily for damaging wind threat associated with MCS.
    Yeo almost same set up as yesterday just a further bit more North Northwest. I really think that early 3pm storm affected a lot of things yesterday.

Looking like a pretty late night event for the Metro Saturday night. Probably just wind around midnight. Hope for some good rains . No rain chances for a week after this event.

There is a nice boundary sitting over Northwestern Ok and OKC. Is that supposed to pull back later today?

I could see a tornado or two in Nw Oklahoma today and some QCLS tornado warnings after the storms line out. Just depends on what mother nature wants to too.

Flooding is going to be a big issue when these storms come through. Models hinting at a massive east-west line that spans the state moving east-southeast. Depending on speed, we could see some localized flooding.

The NAM and HRRR are differing quite a bit again for this round. I’m going to say that I’m leaning toward the HRRR because of what happened the other night with the NAM.

MD is out for panhandle area where storms will fire first.

Tornado watch coming in the next hour.

I'll never criticize the heat in OKC again, after being in Dallas today. It is miserable! Absolutely miserable!

Blog Entries

I really wish Channel 4 would move the weather map to the left side of the screen to free up the US Open golf info

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I'll never criticize the heat in OKC again, after being in Dallas today. It is miserable! Absolutely miserable!
    My daughter is here from Austin and has raved about our nice weather as compared to what she says has been oppressive in Austin the last few days.

What’s the deal with the high res NAM vs the HRRR this week? I can’t remember a time when they differed on a solution as much as they do now.

I’m hoping for some good rains, but the NAM is suggesting otherwise for okc. We have had some great weather this spring and early summer, and we have received some nice rains; however, these systems have not set up in our favor this year. They’re either too far west and we get the tail end or they’re too far east and we miss out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    My daughter is here from Austin and has raved about our nice weather as compared to what she says has been oppressive in Austin the last few days.
    Have you seen a weather map from down there? It’s about as hot as I’ve ever seen for this early in the season down there. Might just go ahead and buy some acreage up north if global warming continues like this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    What’s the deal with the high res NAM vs the HRRR this week? I can’t remember a time when they differed on a solution as much as they do now.

I’m hoping for some good rains, but the NAM is suggesting otherwise for okc. We have had some great weather this spring and early summer, and we have received some nice rains; however, these systems have not set up in our favor this year. They’re either too far west and we get the tail end or they’re too far east and we miss out completely.
    It sure didn’t miss me Thursday night. I need a new roof and above ground swimming pool. The pool rails have holes in them from the hail. Also, it too me 6 hours to clean my yard up after. Im ready for some quiet weather!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Have you seen a weather map from down there? It’s about as hot as I’ve ever seen for this early in the season down there. Might just go ahead and buy some acreage up north if global warming continues like this lol.
    I was down there last year on June 11th for a concert and it was SO HOT. Second year in a row they have really heated up early in the season in Austin.

Models hinting that the outflow boundaries from those southern storms may interact with the line of storms on their way in.

Well, this line is absolutely crazy right now.

Thread Information