Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213

Thread: June 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: June 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Stillwater got the gust front, but the rain passed by just to the north.
    Missed Tulsa too. Hoping to get some rain with the system this weekend, better more widespread chances not until the following weekend (7/7-9)

Probably going to end up just a few degrees shy of an all-time record high for June today (current record is 107). At least the humidity will be lower than it has been. :')

While I'm not big on the triple digit heat, I will take this over the weather in Chicago currently. My sister lives there and they're dealing with some pretty bad air quality because of the Canadian wildfires.

After these next few scorching hot days the models are showing more typical late June weather in the 90's with better rain chances the next two weeks

GFS forecasted rainfall

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Probably going to end up just a few degrees shy of an all-time record high for June today (current record is 107). At least the humidity will be lower than it has been. :')
    My weather station's peak temperature today was 100.8°F, measured at 4:26PM. Peak heat index was 113.3°F, measured at 5:11PM. I'm 4 mi east of the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    My weather station's peak temperature today was 100.8°F, measured at 4:26PM. Peak heat index was 113.3°F, measured at 5:11PM. I'm 4 mi east of the airport.
    Yeah, dewpoints didn’t mix out like expected so temperatures didn’t get as high as expected. Airport topped out at 98F.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Yeah, dewpoints didn’t mix out like expected so temperatures didn’t get as high as expected. Airport topped out at 98F.
    Weather forecasting is not an exact science, and probably never will be. Just too many variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Weather forecasting is not an exact science, and probably never will be. Just too many variables.
    Yeah, maybe quantum computing could get us a little bit closer.

With temperatures running approximately 2-3 degrees warmer than this time yesterday, and dewpoints running approximately 4 degrees lower...I would say that there's a pretty good chance that we actually hit 100F for the first time today. Heat indices will likely be about the same due to the lower humidity.

One more hot/dry day tomorrow (though not quite as hot as today as the ridge will be moving to the east of the area), and then starting on Saturday, we will enter what could be an extended period of NW flow, which will keep temperatures near/slightly below average, with occasional chances for MCS activity similar to what we just experienced from 6/21-6/27 (though likely with less severe weather potential).

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    After these next few scorching hot days the models are showing more typical late June weather in the 90's with better rain chances the next two weeks

GFS forecasted rainfall
    This is a beautiful map. Let's hope it holds true for the Oklahoma Ozark region.

Updated forecast - still showing good rain chances especially across northern OK

Heavy rain in Stillwater as of 12:45 pm. Stillwater isn't missing out this time. Fortunately, not severe warned.

Thread Information