Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killers of the Flower Moon

Default Killers of the Flower Moon

Teaser trailer is out. This movie is going to be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seHVN9ktgRU

2. Default Re: Killers of the Flower Moon

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    Teaser trailer is out. This movie is going to be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seHVN9ktgRU
    The trailer just makes me want to see this movie even more. It has been years since reading the book, so maybe I need to read it again.

Default Re: Killers of the Flower Moon

At around 1:09, is that the state capitol with a dome on it in the 20s?

^i'm wondering if that's supposed to be the us capitol from the east looking west.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ^i'm wondering if that's supposed to be the us capitol from the east looking west.
    That's got to be what it is. I don't know the story well enough to know if any of it takes place in OKC and the FBI aspect would make sense that the US capitol could make an appearance.

6. Default Re: Killers of the Flower Moon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	killers of the flower moon.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	18027

I am guessing it is the US Capitol. Some of this story will be talking about the forming of the FBI. so I am sure we will get some brief moments in other spots other than Oklahoma.

Release date is a week from today, and it's getting rave reviews. 95% on Rotten Tomatoes and plenty of Oscars buzz.

Didn't realize the run time is 3 hours and 26 minutes! Holy heck, that's about double the typical theatrical release.

With today's attention spans that is going to be a challenge for most viewers, including yours truly. I'll still see it though, but will probably have to stretch my legs a few times.

Doesn't exactly put Oklahoma in a favorable light, so will be interesting to see the impact.

I don't understand why theatres no longer do a 10-15 minute intermission for any movie over two and a half hours or so. I would think that any lost revenue would be more than made up by making the run-time less intimidating. Anyways, I'll still be seeing this in theatres, I'll just have to remember not to drink any water for about six hours leading up to the showtime lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I don't understand why theatres no longer do a 10-15 minute intermission for any movie over two and a half hours or so. I would think that any lost revenue would be more than made up by making the run-time less intimidating. Anyways, I'll still be seeing this in theatres, I'll just have to remember not to drink any water for about six hours leading up to the showtime lol.
    Intermissions also are a godsend for concessions.

"Let's all go out to the lobby, let's all go out to the lobby..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

How true 25 or more years ago, but now most people would use intermission time just to look at their phones.

I think social norms are different today. And theaters are more tailored to people getting out of their seats during the movie. Or even getting food and drink service from staff!

Didn't realize the run time is 3 hours and 26 minutes! Holy heck, that's about double the typical theatrical release.
    Marty has never been known for brevity but I've noticed his films getting longer as of late.

Does the individual theatre make the call for intermission or is it the studio?

Doesn't exactly put Oklahoma in a favorable light, so will be interesting to see the impact.
    Reminds me of when state leaders tried to distance themselves from Grapes of Wrath due to negative connotations. The Osage murders in the larger context of Indigenous exploitation by the state is hard history, but hiding from it does nothing. The best thing the state can do is address it head on—honestly and truthfully. Create educational resources and try to do justice to any legacies from the injustice.

I am finishing the book before going and I am looking forward to it more than any movie in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Does the individual theatre make the call for intermission or is it the studio?
    Has to be studio. I read where Scorsese basically said "suck it up, people binge hours of TV shows all the time." What he didn't mention is that you can pause all the binging to get snacks, take bio breaks, etc., and you're not just locked in to 3:26 straight through.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I love anything related to World War II, history, and science but this is why my wife and I skipped out on Oppenheimer while in theatres. I have been planning on Killers of the Flower Moon since I first heard about it a couple of years ago so I’ll make it even if I have to set aside an entire day for it, but just casually going to the movies every week, couple of weeks, whatever, for the fun of it and to have something to do doesn’t mix well with movies that make Star Wars feel condensed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Has to be studio. I read where Scorsese basically said "suck it up, people binge hours of TV shows all the time." What he didn't mention is that you can pause all the binging to get snacks, take bio breaks, etc., and you're not just locked in to 3:26 straight through.
    For the reasons you mentioned I'll just wait for it to be on HBO. Plus add another 15-20 for the pre show teasers.

For the reasons you mentioned I'll just wait for it to be on HBO. Plus add another 15-20 for the pre show teasers.
    it is apple tv ... i don't think it will ever be on any other service .

And commercials.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Unless Apple buys Max(HBO)

Intermissions- what is this Ragtime (1981)!

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Intermissions- what is this Ragtime (1981)!
    Haha,we could only wish. Ragtime runs an hour less. Btw, Asteroid City released this year has an intermission.

Haha,we could only wish. Ragtime runs an hour less. Btw, Asteroid City released this year has an intermission.
    Very true and I laughed when I saw that.

Going this afternoon. I plan to stop my beverage intake around noon. I'll try to get all my peeing out and done before I take my seat. Hopefully I'll be enthralled and won't notice the length or an urge to visit the men's room.

25. Default Re: Killers of the Flower Moon

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Might be on Paramount+ since it is also from their studio. Kind of a joint venture.

Thread Information