Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twisters (2024 Movie)

Default Twisters (2024 Movie)

Anybody walk down to the filming area dowtown to get a look at the changes they have made?

Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Not sure if this is part of the Ford site or not, and apologies in advance if it has been mentioned on this site previously, but there is a building under construction at the NW/C of OKC Blvd. and Harvey. I couldn't get a picture but exterior walls are coming up. Once again, sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Not sure if this is part of the Ford site or not, and apologies in advance if it has been mentioned on this site previously, but there is a building under construction at the NW/C of OKC Blvd. and Harvey. I couldn't get a picture but exterior walls are coming up. Once again, sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere on this forum.
    Here?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    that looks like some type of film production

I was down there this past weekend and there was something relatively large being built that looks temporary—looked like a stage of some sort. It also looked like it was being partially hidden for privacy with black curtains.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    that looks like some type of film production
    Probably right because there have been no planning or permit documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here?

it is pretty much above your arrow between the grass and 2nd street ..

8. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

^^^^^
    Plus that lot is being used to house vehicles related to Twister 2. Would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^
    Plus that lot is being used to house vehicles related to Twister 2. Would make sense.
    i wish i had taken a picture .... it almost looked like a "green screen" temp box

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I was down there this past weekend and there was something relatively large being built that looks temporary—looked like a stage of some sort. It also looked like it was being partially hidden for privacy with black curtains.
    I was just at Spark yesterday picking up an order and the manager there said it was def for "Twisters II" shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by LordGerald View Post
    I was just at Spark yesterday picking up an order and the manager there said it was def for "Twisters II" shooting.
    News 9 has a 2 min video but can't get sound to load

I saw it last week when it was just scaffolding. I assumed it was for Twister 2 as well.

They just filed for their building permit; I suspect they didn't realize they needed one and started work before the City explained things to them:

Temp Film Studio Structure
    Erect of temporary structure used to build green screens and full-sized props for filming. To be removed once filming is complete

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i wish i had taken a picture .... it almost looked like a "green screen" temp box
    and this is what it turned out to be ..

The building permit said 'green screen' but they often use a blue background in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    How long is this structure supposed to be in use?
    The application just says 'temporary'. I would guess no more than a couple of weeks.

Random question, not trying to be a downer, but why is the structure in the middle of the parking lot? Why wouldn't it be inside PSM? I assume it is to show the sky and add visual affects for tornados, but wanted to see if anyone knew.

^

Yes, has to be due to wanting a real sky in the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Random question, not trying to be a downer, but why is the structure in the middle of the parking lot? Why wouldn't it be inside PSM? I assume it is to show the sky and add visual affects for tornados, but wanted to see if anyone knew.
    It also occurred to me they may want the skyline in the background.

If we see a scene where the protagonist is in the middle of the tornado like they did at the end of Twister, we will know where they filmed it.

Default Re: Twisters Movie Starting Filming

They were filming in El Reno today. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twisters.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	18093

Default Twisters Trailer

Default Re: Twisters (2024 Movie)

Damn that looks...rough. Seems like it is basically the exact same plot though.

24. Default Re: Twisters (2024 Movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Damn that looks...rough. Seems like it is basically the exact same plot though.
    I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought that this looks pretty tragic.

Default Re: Twisters (2024 Movie)

Twisters is scheduled to open July 19th and Twister came out in 1996, so 28 years will separate the two films.

Hard to believe!

Thread Information