Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twisters (2024 Movie)

Default Re: Twisters (2024 Movie)

I do not have high hopes for this film. Will still see it though

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Damn that looks...rough. Seems like it is basically the exact same plot though.
    Looks like the daughter is trying to "destroy" a tornado this time though.

Unless Helen Hunt makes a cameo appearance, I'm sure there is some tragic backstory where her parents died during their research alluding to what happened at El Reno several years back now.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Looks like the daughter is trying to "destroy" a tornado this time though.

Unless Helen Hunt makes a cameo appearance, I'm sure there is some tragic backstory where her parents died during their research alluding to what happened at El Reno several years back now.
    If that is really the plot, that she is trying to destroy tornados...this movie will bomb

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    If that is really the plot, that she is trying to destroy tornados...this movie will bomb
    That line was said in the trailer at the 1 minute mark. . That could of been how they edited it and hopefully she was referring to when she was kid?

I dunno, it works for me. "Destroy" sounds melodramatic but if there was a way to destabilize a tornado so it peters out before it can hurt anyone I'm sure it would happen and I'd assume someone has looked into it in some capacity. The first wasn't all that scientifically accurate either, that I recall.

6. Default Re: Twisters (2024 Movie)

I'm all in!

Welp. I guess we can count on out of staters and tour companies clogging our state highways chasing tornadoes again for at least another few years after this one comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I dunno, it works for me. "Destroy" sounds melodramatic but if there was a way to destabilize a tornado so it peters out before it can hurt anyone I'm sure it would happen and I'd assume someone has looked into it in some capacity. The first wasn't all that scientifically accurate either, that I recall.
    Yeah, the first one didn't have much of a plot to it and it grossed $500 Million. If I remember right, it was mainly just a VFX / Sound driven summer movie thing.

It's just a disaster / monster movie with (probably) a love story wedged into it. Not sure how much of a market there is for that anymore without any IP attached to it, but they bet pretty big on it.

So, thanks Amblin, best of luck to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Welp. I guess we can count on out of staters and tour companies clogging our state highways chasing tornadoes again for at least another few years after this one comes out.
    Probably not any more than the Youtubers have in recent years and before them it was the Stormchasers series on Discovery Channel.

Something I found interesting from the trailer is that you see them taking shelter from a tornado under an overpass. That is something we are told you should never do so you would think experienced storm chasers would know.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    Something I found interesting from the trailer is that you see them taking shelter from a tornado under an overpass. That is something we are told you should never do so you would think experienced storm chasers would know.
    That stood out to me, too. I don't recall where (I rescanned this thread in case it was here but I didn't see it right off; apologies if I overlooked it), but I read some speculation somewhere that maybe this is an earlier scene and going under the overpass is presented as a mistake. Maybe the tragedy that leads to her wanting to "destroy" tornados. I hope this (or similar) is the case.

They had to go with the destroy the tornado route because real life is just as crazy as the plot of the first. Researchers shoot rockets and drones into tornadoes these days.

https://youtu.be/JNJ22McqxIs?feature=shared

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    They had to go with the destroy the tornado route because real life is just as crazy as the plot of the first. Researchers shoot rockets and drones into tornadoes these days.

https://youtu.be/JNJ22McqxIs?feature=shared
    yeah but that rocket wasn't to destroy the tornado...it was for data acquisition

yeah but that rocket wasn't to destroy the tornado...it was for data acquisition
    Yeah, I was comparing today's tech to the plot of the first movie. Sending probes into tornados was kind of new in 97'. That movie inspired guys like Reed Timmer.

i mean you talk about it like it's crazy and not ever discussed before. but here is a popular science article on the idea from 2021.

https://www.popsci.com/scitech/artic...stroy-tornado/

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i mean you talk about it like it's crazy and not ever discussed before. but here is a popular science article on the idea from 2021.

https://www.popsci.com/scitech/artic...stroy-tornado/
    I think I had more issue of how the trailer made the plot look. Like someone has a vendetta against tornadoes as if they are people.

I don't have issues with science trying to stop tornados in their tracks but there are always negative consequences of messing with nature as well

I think I had more issue of how the trailer made the plot look. Like someone has a vendetta against tornadoes as if they are people.

I don't have issues with science trying to stop tornados in their tracks but there are always negative consequences of messing with nature as well
    did you have a problem with it in the first movie when Jo (Helen Hunt) said

You've never seen it miss this house, and miss that house and then come after you!
    i mean isn't that the same type thing? She is making it seem like it was coming after her like a person would, like it had intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by catholicsooner View Post
    d.o.r.o.t.h.y. 3.0?

did you have a problem with it in the first movie when Jo (Helen Hunt) said

i mean isn't that the same type thing? She is making it seem like it was coming after her like a person would, like it had intentions.
    Trying to acquire data to help understand tornadoes is a bit different than trying to kill tornadoes

Trying to acquire data to help understand tornadoes is a bit different than trying to kill tornadoes
    again... not according to the current science. there are attempts to do so, hence the popular science article. so now we are back at the first step in your loop here of you just won't like the movie regardless.

again... not according to the current science. there are attempts to do so, hence the popular science article. so now we are back at the first step in your loop here of you just won't like the movie regardless.
    lol what are you even talking about?
    I love the first movie.
    I think the second one looks bad based on the trailer...especially if the plot is a girl getting revenge on tornadoes by trying to destroy them.

I'm sorry if that bothers you so much lol

The plot of this one is them having to go around and pick up all the little probes after the tornado.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Twisters (2024 Movie)

Twisters

Your titties will never be same

Thread Information