Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State Rankings

Default Re: State Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the most liberal school board and district in the state has the worst schools .. .shocking i tell you
    What criteria do you use in determining how "liberal" a given school board is and how do you use that criteria in applying it to the hundreds of school boards across the state.
    Conversly what is the most "conservative" school district and how does their academic standing compare?

Blog Entries

the most liberal school board and district in the state has the worst schools .. .shocking i tell you
    Quit trying to make this a political issue and a wedge issue. This is an Oklahoma cultural issue. Educating and caring shouldn't be along party lines.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    What criteria do you use in determining how "liberal" a given school board is and how do you use that criteria in applying it to the hundreds of school boards across the state.
    Conversly what is the most "conservative" school district and how does their academic standing compare?
    Good point. Has this poster cross checked the voting records against the assigned public school district or just used tired caricatures? Are school boards across the state given ratings for liberal vs conservative biases. Is he saying school boards are more beholding to influential outsiders than the students? What exactly is the point to be put forth? Liberals are stupid and conservatives are smart? I guess that's why Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama all have such outstanding schools and systems.

This is extremely well put, Boulder. +1

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    This is extremely well put, Boulder. +1
    Would you like to add to BS’s statement or tell us how that claim is supported in reality? Anything constructive at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Would you like to add to BS’s statement or tell us how that claim is supported in reality? Anything constructive at all?
    You sound really upset, tbh

Is that fair to say?

You sound really upset, tbh

Is that fair to say?
    I think you’re the one who’s upset. 90 percent of BS posts are just short worded meaningless crap who always conveniently ignores replies that provide irrefutable evidence they are wrong.

Don’t get me wrong I actually like BS but at the same time he annoys the crap out of me even though he is knowledgeable on freeway projects and supports them. But in reality posts like the one he just made are malarkey.

This new report says it all:

Sooner State Resurgence: The moveBuddha 2023 Oklahoma Migration Report

https://www.movebuddha.com/blog/okla...ration-report/

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I think you’re the one who’s upset. 90 percent of BS posts are just short worded meaningless crap who always conveniently ignores replies that provide irrefutable evidence they are wrong.

Don’t get me wrong I actually like BS but at the same time he annoys the crap out of me even though he is knowledgeable on freeway projects and supports them. But in reality posts like the one he just made are malarkey.
    stating facts bothers some people ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    This new report says it all:

Sooner State Resurgence: The moveBuddha 2023 Oklahoma Migration Report

Lol. No, it doesn’t. Like reading a page and thinking you know the book. Based heavily on internet searches and a few ratios without any contextual evidence or underlying fact analysis. Very weak.

Oklahoma was in the top ten for net domestic migration last year, so some of you need to quit reaching:

https://thehill.com/changing-america...are-moving-to/.

https://www.nar.realtor/blogs/econom...-moved-in-2022

Also, OKC gained over 100,000 residents in the last decade.
    I made it clear the OKC metro is growing. Maybe you should quit reaching for a contrarian argument and read closer. The OKC metro and Tulsa metro were almost solely responsible for our state’s growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Lol. No, it doesn’t. Like reading a page and thinking you know the book. Based heavily on internet searches and a few ratios without any contextual evidence or underlying fact analysis. Very weak.
    But yet this whole thread was started based on the same type of data reporting. Numbers don't lie, face the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I made it clear the OKC metro is growing. Maybe you should quit reaching for a contrarian argument and read closer. The OKC metro and Tulsa metro were almost solely responsible for our state’s growth.
    Numbers don't lie. Obviously you didn't read the article and this new report, this is most recent data.

Regardless of what people want to say, Oklahoma is growing and will continue to grow, its bucking the trend and far from going down a drain. Funny how people actually see the numbers and still want to go against facts.

Regardless of what people want to say, Oklahoma is growing and will continue to grow, its bucking the trend and far from going down a drain. Funny how people actually see the numbers and still want to go against facts.
    An increase in people is not mutually exclusive to the state circling the drain in political/social/cultural ways.

stating facts bothers some people ..
    So when are you going to back up your opinions with some facts?

I’m not exactly a political scientist, but this thread seems awfully political.

You seem to be upset or troubled. Are you ok?

Pretty much everything is inherently political, not sure what your point is

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    You seem to be upset or troubled. Are you ok?
    You seem pretty upset yourself, chief.

It’s amazing the lengths people will go to to deny deep-seated social and socioeconomic problems in this state for purely political reasons. Why not simply acknowledge that the problems do indeed exist instead of trying to deflect and gaslight?

The principal fact is that Oklahoma’s population would NOT have grown over the last decade were it not for OKC’s, and to a lesser extent, Tulsa’s growth. So you could throw up an argument that Oklahoma is growing, but you would be doing so without context.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It’s amazing the lengths people will go to to deny deep-seated social and socioeconomic problems in this state for purely political reasons. Why not simply acknowledge that the problems do indeed exist instead of trying to deflect and gaslight?

The principal fact is that Oklahoma’s population would NOT have grown over the last decade were it not for OKC’s, and to a lesser extent, Tulsa’s growth. So you could throw up an argument that Oklahoma is growing, but you would be doing so without context.
    also pretty fair to say that OKC and tulsa would not be growing the way they are with out the low tax environment pro business framework of the STATE

also pretty fair to say that OKC and tulsa would not be growing the way they are with out the low tax environment pro business framework of the STATE
    Not really. Most of the growth is from people within the state leaving rural areas for the closest urban center, not people leaving a high tax state and flooding into Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Not really. Most of the growth is from people within the state leaving rural areas for the closest urban center, not people leaving a high tax state and flooding into Oklahoma.
    the state is in the top 10 states in growth this decade ..

I am just stating facts, and provided recent data to back it up. To say Oklahoma is nothing or not growing without OKC or Tulsa is a conjected statement in itself. OKC and Tulsa are in Oklahoma...lol

Thread Information