Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Weather May 2023 - General Weather Discussion

May... more warmth, more storms...

Default Re: May 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Active week coming up after another few days of near-perfect dry spring weather. I think this has been one of the best and longest springs in recent memory as far as daytime and nighttime temps and low humidity. Warmer and more humid weather is on tap for the weekend into next week with more rain chances. Big rains forecasted over the next two weeks, right now favoring southern OK

Just want to say these days where we are in the 60s and 70s with no wind just really make me happy. This spring season started out awful, but really came-around in the last few weeks.

Strong south winds will return later this week with storm system approaching. SPC noting dryline action for Thursday across W OK.

Thinking storms west of the Metro on Thursday Sat and Sun will just depend on the track of the system.

5. Default Re: May 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Not ready for the predicted 90 degree Friday.

I'm just going to say this now and I'm not trying to stir anything up I'm not cheering for the storms but CLEAN OUT YOUR SHELTORS. Thursday looks good for storms if we don't have morning rain. Saturday looks ok and Sunday looks good for storms maybe Monday? Now of course it's only Tuesday night and things are going to change but we might have a very active few days coming up. We might even have a very active month.

Tomorrow set up is MESSY. Clouds morning rain how soon does that move out. Does the sun come back out? How much heating do we get? Some computer models say SW Oklahoma some say NW Oklahoma.

^ yes to all of that.

SPC outlining SIG hatched area across NW OK for hail in addition to a 5% marker for tornado.

2% for tornado for the remainder of W and C OK.

There will be another complex of storms coming out of the PH area tonight which will slowly decay across OK, much like today. The region's ability to rebound with instability is the key to any severe storms tomorrow. My gut says SW and SC OK are the most favorable for supercell action tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    ^ yes to all of that.

SPC outlining SIG hatched area across NW OK for hail in addition to a 5% marker for tornado.

2% for tornado for the remainder of W and C OK.

There will be another complex of storms coming out of the PH area tonight which will slowly decay across OK, much like today. The region's ability to rebound with instability is the key to any severe storms tomorrow. My gut says SW and SC OK are the most favorable for supercell action tomorrow.
    Storm complex in the PH looks strong too than thought. HRRR keeping storms around most of the morning. Watch for outflow boundary tomorrow from the morning storms. That will be the area.

With this morning's MCS sweeping across the state, SPC has downgraded parameters for the severe threat this afternoon.

No more than 2% tornado probability anywhere. And also complete removal of SIG hatched area for hail.

Watching visible satellite, the cloud deck is beginning to thin some across W and SW OK. This will aid in destabilization this afternoon.

Nice cluster of elevated storms about to roll through the Metro.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Nice cluster of elevated storms about to roll through the Metro.
    Yep this might even be it for the Metro rest of the day. We shall see. Outflow boundary set up down by the red river? I could see a big storm or two down that way later today

Loving these thunderstorms!

Might see a quick flash flood warning come out for OKC proper as storms keep back-building.

Yeah it’s raining cats and dogs at 23rd and Classen.

Well this should help push more of the metro area out of the drought. The west really needs more rain.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Curre...onitor.aspx?OK

Latest SPC has dropped all of C and NW OK out of the Slight risk.

The main threat for severe storms will be down near Lawton and drifting ESE into the Red River valley.

Bunch of rain in the Yukon area this morning. It just kept building.

Flood watch is out for all of OKC metro and flash flood advisory for OKC proper.

My rain gauge near downtown Edmond has registered 1.05" already today...

I went out for lunch and my return to my work parking lot coincided with the torrential downpour. I was about 40 yards from the front door but still had to wait until it let up a bit.

I'm at a lower elevation and had a legit flood in my backyard. The rushing water knocked down a portion of my fence. Not fun, but otherwise the relatively gentle storm has been nice background noise while working.

3" in my rain gauge today close to 39th and Meridian added to the 4" I got last week. My poor tomato plants. They were just starting to recover from last weeks over watering. I just drove MacArthur from Reno north to 42nd st. Water about up to the curb almost the whole way.

Is that it, as far as the metro goes? Don't get me wrong,,,got plenty in The Village,, but my mom is driving in from Eastern Oklahoma. Just making sure more isn't gonna fire up. Thanks.

Finally, has started raining again in Stillwater as of 4pm after just .01" this morning.

Thread Information