Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: May 2023 - General Weather Discussion

Default Re: May 2023 - General Weather Discussion

I agree with the spring temps. Unfortunately, I need some heat acclimation. I've been searching for saunas... I was thinking about joining Lifetime for a month. Are there any other options (gyms/spas) where I can get a short membership that isn't as expensive as Lifetime?

3. Default Re: May 2023 - General Weather Discussion

I like those two pictures

This has been one of the most persistent weather patterns I can remember seeing in OKC. Even the death ridges in July/August tend to break down from time to time.

The persistent high pressure over the Ohio River valley is unusual for this time of year but has really been great for the drought-plagued High Plains. Denver also has had one of its wettest springs in years thanks to this pattern. As the high shifts east the MCS from CO/KS should start to shift more across Oklahoma toward the end of next week, with increasing humidity.

I need this humidity to go away. 75% humidity while playing sand volleyball is not fun.

Just about the only way to get low humidity in OKC between Memorial Day and Labor Day is if we're pushing triple digits with downslope flow from the Desert SW allowing dewpoints to mix out during peak heating hours. In terms of comfort, I actually prefer those days to our 91 degree summer days with Gulf Coast levels of humidity, though the latter tends to result in more interesting weather.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Just about the only way to get low humidity in OKC between Memorial Day and Labor Day is if we're pushing triple digits with downslope flow from the Desert SW allowing dewpoints to mix out during peak heating hours. In terms of comfort, I actually prefer those days to our 91 degree summer days with Gulf Coast levels of humidity, though the latter tends to result in more interesting weather.
    Same. Give me hot with low humidity. Heck, we don't even need the Phoenix-level 115 or so Temps for that.

That was the redeeming thing about lady summer: at least it was dry and the mosquitoes were under control. I've probably had 25% of the bites O had last year and it's not even June yet.

Things should pick up closer to OKC starting end of this week. Still some question if this pattern can break but look at Eastern New Mexico the last 4 days. Storms everyday. This should push further east and maybe a tad bit north by the end of this week first of June. SPC doesn't want to highlight anything cause not sure of the pattern change and everything is small scale they might be day of events.

The storm weakens coming to OKC, and stronger part goes south to miss OKC. Seems like a repeat of most of the past year.

Thread Information