Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lot sizes

Default Lot sizes

The area where I'm originally from in Ohio has typical house lot sizes up to half an acre. Most are about a 1/3. If the house sits in the right spot this gives you a nice front and back yard. My grandpa's house sat on 1/3 acre and he had a decent sized above ground pool, deck, and plenty of room for a few outbuildings and plenty of grass. The house I bought in OKC sits on just 6500 square feet and has a small back yard. When I buy my next house (who knows when?), I'd like to get one one 1/3-1/2 acre. Aside from out in the country, where are the best places in the city/metro to be looking for that?

Default Re: Lot sizes

Unless you find an older home in Edmond, the look some place else. The city is pushing for small lots and density or rather away from single family lots in general. It makes me sad as I am on 10 ac and as the city is building my way, I might be with 6000 sq ft lots for neighbors or apts or condo or mixed use. but not likely homes on acreages.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    The area where I'm originally from in Ohio has typical house lot sizes up to half an acre. Most are about a 1/3. If the house sits in the right spot this gives you a nice front and back yard. My grandpa's house sat on 1/3 acre and he had a decent sized above ground pool, deck, and plenty of room for a few outbuildings and plenty of grass. The house I bought in OKC sits on just 6500 square feet and has a small back yard. When I buy my next house (who knows when?), I'd like to get one one 1/3-1/2 acre. Aside from out in the country, where are the best places in the city/metro to be looking for that?
    Bush Hills near NW 39th and Portland, Rio de Bella near sw104th/Rockwell and around Lake overholser are off the top of my head. Few neighborhoods between Walker and Western on SW 104th and there are a few tucked in south of 89th off shields

The south Metro areas of Tuttle, Newcastle and Blanchard have many homes on half to full acre lots. Many of these homes are very nice also.

NE part of OKC is pretty empty in places, along Eastern, etc.

Thread Information