Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New I-35 bridges and multimodal path

Default Re: New I-35 bridges and multi-model path

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Very nice and would definintely help with the rowing. If we can build a new arena for horses, we can build a bridge for rowing.

What i'm not looking forward to? The mess it will cause while under construction. I-35 already needs more lanes all the way to Norman. This will become an "avoid at all costs" area for a few years.
    It is not like the bridge is where there is a lack of lanes.

It seems like the new north/south turnpike would make more sense for traffic from Norman to OKC if it connected around the i40/i240 juncture. Instead of swinging out to meet directly with the Kickapoo turnpike, which limits it much more to traffic that is bypassing OKC entirely than serving metro traffic like most of the recent turnpikes have.

I'm sorry but there's no way this is a more critical need than rebuilding the i-240 /I-35 in interchange in SE OKC. I'm sorry but this is a real sore spot for me, that somehow this interchange *constantly* gets shoved around for others.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I'm sorry but there's no way this is a more critical need than rebuilding the i-240 /I-35 in interchange in SE OKC. I'm sorry but this is a real sore spot for me, that somehow this interchange *constantly* gets shoved around for others.
    that rest of that project will be out for bid in FFY 2025 before this project .. so ODOT agrees with you

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    We should clearly do both, which I would note is already the plan.

5. Default Re: New I-35 bridges and multi-model path

I suspect I-35/I-240 will be/is being built first, then I-40/I-44 prioritized, THEN the I-40/I-35/I-235 'Crossroads of America' junction can be built as traffic could be diverted utilizing I-35/I-240 to I-44 to I-35/I-44 to bypass the crossroads construction. I-35/I-44 is already being expanded so the pieces are slowly but surely coming into play for the bypass. It'd be nice if we could prioritize I-40/I-44 now to speed things up and have the bypass route u/c concurrently but $$ may not allow at the moment.

I also suspect Commuter Rail Edmond to Downtown and Norman to Downtown would be up and running to also alleviate traffic to the city (actually a VERY nice way to spur ridership, using construction as the catalyst ).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    that rest of that project will be out for bid in FFY 2025 before this project .. so ODOT agrees with you
    We'll see if that actually happens though. Construction on the various phases has been pushed back numerous times. Last year's construction work plan had phases 2-4 scheduled to be let for bid in FY2023, for one example.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    We'll see if that actually happens though. Construction on the various phases has been pushed back numerous times. Last year's construction work plan had phases 2-4 scheduled to be let for bid in FY2023, for one example.
    I recall at one point it was supposed to be done by 2020.

8. Default Re: New I-35 bridges and multi-model path

Agree that it should NOT get moved ahead of 240. I'm equally tired of it getting shoved to the side while other crap happens.

Commuter rail...well dont hold your breathe. And I dont think you'd see any noticeable reduction in car traffic either.

Saw a news story last night on KFOR detailing all 3 proposed pedestrian bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Saw a news story last night on KFOR detailing all 3 proposed pedestrian bridges.
    It was a complete rip-off of my story which I put on social media yesterday:

https://www.okctalk.com/content.php?...Oklahoma-River

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It was a complete rip-off of my story which I put on social media yesterday:

https://www.okctalk.com/content.php?...Oklahoma-River
    At the beginning they said it came from OKC Talk

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    They do not have the right to use our content without written permission.

I've told them this in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    It didn’t say that last night when I read it. They must have just added that.

So with recent news of the possible situation in 2028, will this get pushed up is our wager. PLACE YOUR BETS, FOLKS!

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    So with recent news of the possible situation in 2028, will this get pushed up is our wager. PLACE YOUR BETS, FOLKS!
    Are you talking new thunder arena or.....?

It's getting pushed way up, building support for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Are you talking new thunder arena or.....?

It's getting pushed way up, building support for it.
    There is some indication the LA Olympics may partner with OKC on some events so do not need to build a temporary whitewater course, and their proposed rowing venue is not exactly ideal either.

See the 2028 Olympics in OKC thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    There is some indication the LA Olympics may partner with OKC on some events so do not need to build a temporary Whitewater course, and their proposed rowing venue is not exactly ideal either.

See the 2028 Olympics in OKC thread
    Thanks! I saw that right after i clicked out of the thread. LOL

I would guess this project is full go and probably part of the pitch to LA

Looks like I was wrong in this entire project. Cost is projected to be around $170 million.

It also looks like it’ll start construction in 2026 as currently planned: https://oklahoma.gov/odot/progress-a...oma-river.html

This, however, is from a federal grant request so we’ll see what happens. ODOT should update their eight year plan at their next commission meeting in early October. I will be excited to see if they add any new projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Looks like I was wrong in this entire project. Cost is projected to be around $170 million.

It also looks like it’ll start construction in 2026 as currently planned: https://oklahoma.gov/odot/progress-a...oma-river.html

This, however, is from a federal grant request so we’ll see what happens. ODOT should update their eight year plan at their next commission meeting in early October. I will be excited to see if they add any new projects.
    thank you for posting this info ..

i won't say the other thing

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    thank you for posting this info ..

i won't say the other thing
    Yeah yeah

21. Default Re: New I-35 bridges and multimodal path

they def need to start asap to get the river suited for the 2028 Olympics. I really hope OKC gets not only the slolam but all of the rowing (and Softball). It would be easy for OKC to take all of this on, the really only major cost is the Crossroads of America I-35 bridges themselves - which are already slated for but would be fast-tracked.

Let's get on this, and the arena, and the rail (need to change some funding laws IMO), and the current and new developments in the city.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Re: New I-35 bridges and multimodal path

I wasn't expecting four bridge spans to be the preliminary design plan. It looks like it will have piers on the edges of the river allowing for 7 unobstructed race lanes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-35 Bridge.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	18338

Yes I posted earlier there would be seven general purpose and/or aux lanes in each direction. Thank you for posting that graphic. I missed that.

Delays at the junction of Interstates 40, 35 and 235 likely will worsen later this month as bridge joint rehabilitation and other repairs start along I-235 north of the Oklahoma River.

The junction itself is subject to long delays during morning and evening rush hours, a prospect that is likely to get worse before it gets better as planning continues for a potentially game-changing replacement of the I-35 bridges over the river.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...s/73168399007/

Thread Information