Widgets Magazine

Thread: Local banks with highest interest rates

Default Local banks with highest interest rates

Anyone know whose got the best rates on their products locally? My current two banks are still at 0.5%

Default Re: Local banks with highest interest rates

Forget the banks.

Check out some of the local Credit Unions.

Weokie, Tinker, there are a lot of others. Their website will have good info to start with, then you could call.

I just checked Weokie out of curiosity. They are showing 2.5% on a 12 month CD, but they have other plans that might pay more.

Blog Entries

That’s a very low 12 month CD rate compared to market today - can do much better than that lots of places.

I assume you are looking for money market type rates based on the .5% rate you noted in your post. I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Forget the banks.

Check out some of the local Credit Unions.

Weokie, Tinker, there are a lot of others. Their website will have good info to start with, then you could call.

I just checked Weokie out of curiosity. They are showing 2.5% on a 12 month CD, but they have other plans that might pay more.
    chase is now doing 3.8 on savings accounts

I've been buying up a ton of CD's at my credit union. 4.5% 12 mo.

6. Default Re: Local banks with highest interest rates

Communication Federal has 4.25% apr. on 24 month CDs

Who's the best for checking/savings? I keep a large amount liquid and Simmons is 0% but it's time to finally get some return. We're getting ready to probably leave Simmons- told my wife to start shopping this morning actually.

Edit: Should probably clarify that I also have a business account that will have to come with it so I probably need more than just an online option.

I am getting 3.78 at Citi and 3.20 at Midfirst on my savings accounts

I would go with an online savings account. You could keep a checking account at a local bank. But if you have a lot of cash, might as well get some return.

-Citizens: 4.25%
    -SoFi: 4.00%
    -Citi: 3.85%
    -Amex: 3.75%
    -Marcus with Goldman Sachs: 3.75%

https://www.nerdwallet.com/best/bank...vings-accounts

Back in January, we got a 4.1 % 11 month minimum 100,000. Then a month later got a 4.0 % 11 month at 25k. Minimum was 1,000.00. Early withdrawal penalty is 1 percent.
    They might have completed the offering. They had 4 percent rates now but are in 18 to 28 month increments. That's kind of long to tie it up.

WEOKIE

11. Default Re: Local banks with highest interest rates

TFCU isn't particularly good. They typically seem to not really be in the competitive game for this stuff to be honest. Their loan rates are always just enough higher to lose (they've never won a single loan from me and I almost always give them a shot at it). Their Command Funds and Click Rates give you a little, but with caps. To me, they feel like that cautious investor more concerned with keeping your dollar very safe and insured, rather than being risky for intense growth of their capital. So I don't dislike that as a customer, but it just means that also aren't going to be getting any loan interest from me.

As a fellow TFCU member, their rates are garbage for both saving/click checking and loans.

I went w/ an online bank, UFB. They have 4.8% apy for their checking account.

That's funny, I've been a life-long TFCU member and have finally been shopping around this very week because of their terrible interest rates!

Check out VIO Bank. 4.5% on a money market account starting at $100. If you didn't know, Vio is a division of MidFirst Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    Anyone know whose got the best rates on their products locally? My current two banks are still at 0.5%
    I am doing my banking with T-mobile banking. They offer 4% interest. I made a lot of money off them last year.

Quote Originally Posted by btmec View Post
    I am doing my banking with T-mobile banking. They offer 4% interest. I made a lot of money off them last year.
    Are they FDIC backed?

18. Default Re: Local banks with highest interest rates

Apple Cash just introduced a savings account feature. They pay 4.15%.

All American Bank. - 4.8% up to $75k.

Saw Frontier Bank (SE 59th and I-35?) has a 6 month CD paying 5.22%. Pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Saw Frontier Bank (SE 59th and I-35?) has a 6 month CD paying 5.22%. Pretty impressive.
    Dang. Looks like a good bet for a middle-term investment vehicle. Thanks for the heads up!

WEOKIE has awesome rates, if you fall into their category of "live, work, pray" in the 8 counties they operate in...which I think is a bit strange to limit your clientele. TFCU is a joke. Communication Federal Credit Union has incredible rates on CDs right now, however, they require a hard credit check before you can deposit so it really isn't that enticing. Bank of Oklahoma is running a deal on CDs around 4.5%.

Thread Information