Widgets Magazine

Thread: Skechers

Default Skechers

Skechers is coming to the French Market Shopping Center on the SE corner of 63rd/May, in the old Catherine’s space.

2. Default Re: Skechers

Quote Originally Posted by seaofchange View Post
    Skechers is coming to the French Market Shopping Center on the SE corner of 63rd/May, in the old Catherine’s space.
    I hope they do well. The one that used to be on NW Expressway & Rockwell never had hardly anyone shopping and is gone. My wife and I both wear Sketchers for work and FM Mall isn't too far out of our way.

Default Re: Skechers

From the French Market Mall thread:

Skechers is planning a large 8,800 SF store in French Market.

This looks like a regular Skechers store vs. the outlets currently located in the OKC area.

Thanks Pete! Figured there was a French Market thread but couldn’t find it

5. Default Re: Skechers

To me, this seems like an odd place to locate this store. I realize that it is fairly close to Nichols Hills and only a couple miles away from Quail Creek, but that strip mall has bad parking and this location is not highly visible.

Maybe I don't understand the Skechers demographic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    To me, this seems like an odd place to locate this store. I realize that it is fairly close to Nichols Hills and only a couple miles away from Quail Creek, but that strip mall has bad parking and this location is not highly visible.

Old money, and Skechers are geared for an older demographic (at least based off their commercials).

7. Default Re: Skechers

I do agree about the parking lot. Probably the worst lot I've ever been on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    The Homeland on 18th ranks right up there with that one (and any other lot that has two-way aisles) for stupidity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Yea… really really bad. Every time you park you are asking for a door ding, or an accident. Some aisles are so abused it’s hard to even get through. Narrow lanes and most people don’t care how they park. Only place I go there is Staples where I can park right out front and not in the interior lanes.

Gonna be all the old men (like me) who been shopping at French Market since it was built 50 years ago, and are gonna make the poor clerks head spin with tales of the movie theater, nightclub, Furr's, etc.

"And the mall used to feature bourbon scented air freshener!"

Thread Information