Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sedalia's Oyster + Seafood

Default Sedalia's Oyster + Seafood

We finally had the chance to try Sedalia's last Saturday, and it was one of the best dining experiences I've had in OKC in a long time. The oyster and seafood-based restaurant is on 10th street near the Fairgrounds on a property the owners have owned in their family for decades, with a "dining room" that seats maybe 6-8 around the counter, as well as a patio and a heated tent (where we ate). The menu changes constantly depending on the seafood they are able to procure and is relatively small, which is nice as we were able to try pretty much everything on the menu with a group of 4.

The highlights for me were the oysters (grilled and raw), grilled skate wing, Maine scallop ceviche, grilled octopus and their house made focaccia with salt cod butter. They also have a great wine list as well as the best gin and tonic in town (they make their tonic in-house too). We were planning our next trip while still at the restaurant... highly recommend.

https://www.sedaliasokc.com/

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sedalia's Oyster + Seafood

^ Thanks - just booked a reservation!

3. Default Re: Sedalia's Oyster + Seafood

I had a date there and we got to talk and hang out with the owner. We were blown away with the food, and I don't really care for seafood, but man it's so delicious. It is pricey, but can't wait for my next visit.

^^Pretty much everything is pricey these days, but we thought the food was a great value for the price.

My wife and I went there and honestly, it's our favorite new restaurant in OKC in over a year. Very good food, nice wine list, cool, funky vibe. The couple who own it are interesting in their own right.

We don't have a lot of legit seafood in OKC, so this place quickly jumped up near the top of our list.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    I had a date there and we got to talk and hang out with the owner. We were blown away with the food, and I don't really care for seafood, but man it's so delicious. It is pricey, but can't wait for my next visit.
    Prices definitely don’t match the appearance, but being able to get high end food in a casual setting is really refreshing. Great music, super friendly owners and servers… can’t recommend it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Prices definitely don’t match the appearance, but being able to get high end food in a casual setting is really refreshing. Great music, super friendly owners and servers… can’t recommend it enough.
    We returned last night and were blown away again. Sedalia's is probably the best restaurant in OKC right now.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    We returned last night and were blown away again. Sedalia's is probably the best restaurant in OKC right now.
    Great to hear. We're going again in April and can't wait to try it again.

Sedalia's has been recognized as one of 2023's Top 24 best new restaurants in America by Bon Appetit. Pretty big deal!

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/bes...staurants-2023

You'd never know a raccoon once lived in the storage space that now houses Oklahoma City’s most exciting new seafood spot. After the critter’s eviction and a winsome makeover, chef Zack Walters and general manager Silvana Arandia Walters launched Sedalia’s, their intimate neighborhood “oysterette.” Snagging a stool at the countertop feels like sidling up to someone’s home kitchen, where knickknacks and mismatch-y dinnerware add to the charm. The handwritten menu highlights a lively, oft-changing selection. Maybe you’ll arrive to pink scallop conserva with romesco-slathered house pumpernickel; buttery local paddlefish caviar nestled atop pommes dauphine; or charcoal-grilled anticuchos skewers (a nod to Arandia Walters’s Bolivian roots). Always present is a raw bar that rivals those on either coast. The restaurant’s location, near a limo party bus company and a lumber store, is one of many surprises you’ll encounter on a visit. Perhaps most unexpected of them all? Yes, outstanding seafood can be had in a landlocked state. —Jennifer Hope Choi

WHAT TO ORDER: Focaccia with Szechuan oil and salt cod butter, Oklahoma paddlefish caviar, grilled anticuchos, fried crispy cod cheeks with mojo rojo, sorghum mousse

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Sedalia's has been recognized as one of 2023's Top 24 best new restaurants in America by Bon Appetit. Pretty big deal!

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/bes...staurants-2023
    I'm super excited for these people. They are not only brilliant restaurateurs, they are genuinely nice folks. What they're doing is inspired and really stands out from the crowd. Truth told, the meals we've had at Sedalia's in the last year rival anything we had in New Orleans, which we ate our way through this summer.

This is a big deal, considering only 24 restaurants were profiled this year, as opposed to 50 last year, when Ma Der Lao was listed as one of the best new restaurants.

Between Sedalia's, Chef Black and Grey Sweater, and Ma Der Lao, this is just unprecedented international exposure for OKC's restaurant scene. It's remarkable. And, only a few years removed from Nonesuch getting similar accolades.

10. Default Re: Sedalia's Oyster + Seafood

I'm super excited for these people. They are not only brilliant restaurateurs, they are genuinely nice folks. What they're doing is inspired and really stands out from the crowd. Truth told, the meals we've had at Sedalia's in the last year rival anything we had in New Orleans, which we ate our way through this summer.

This is a big deal, considering only 24 restaurants were profiled this year, as opposed to 50 last year, when Ma Der Lao was listed as one of the best new restaurants.

Between Sedalia's, Chef Black and Grey Sweater, and Ma Der Lao, this is just unprecedented international exposure for OKC's restaurant scene. It's remarkable. And, only a few years removed from Nonesuch getting similar accolades.
    Nicely stated and I completely agree. I haven't tried Sedalia's yet but it's on my list!

I've been 3 times now, and each time has been better than the last. It's such a special place for OKC, and happy that they got recognized so quickly.

Thread Information