Widgets Magazine

Thread: Greg Darnell Ford

Mid-Del Greg Darnell Ford

I was wondering if Greg Darnell Ford has closed? Traveling to MWC yesterday, I exited I-40 at the SE 29th St exit and noticed there were almost zero vehicles on the dealership's lot. Did a bank take back all of the inventory? Just curious if someone has more information. Thanks!

Default Re: Greg Darnell Ford

Well I called their phone number. Was told they are "closed from now on".

I didn't ask any more questions.

Their facebook page has a statement they are closed (post by a customer it seems)

This location was bought by the Factory at an offer Greg Darnell couldn’t refuse. The location was not ideal, but GD was profitable at this location, but the building didn’t fit the model of future Ford Dealerships. GD was looking to build a new location at I-40 and Douglas, construction costs and the impending construction of that interchange nixed that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by OKrunner405 View Post
    This location was bought by the Factory at an offer Greg Darnell couldn’t refuse. The location was not ideal, but GD was profitable at this location, but the building didn’t fit the model of future Ford Dealerships. GD was looking to build a new location at I-40 and Douglas, construction costs and the impending construction of that interchange nixed that deal.
    So is Ford planning to do anything with this dealership or is it gone for good?

So why did Zeck in Purcell, Mainer in Okarche, and the one in Kingfisher close? Too small to make a profit? Seems odd to have that many in a short time period.

It's a dog eat dog business and many are wearing Milk Bone underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    So why did Zeck in Purcell, Mainer in Okarche, and the one in Kingfisher close? Too small to make a profit? Seems odd to have that many in a short time period.

It's a dog eat dog business and many are wearing Milk Bone underwear.
    I think Ford/Lincoln is buying out dealerships who don’t want to go forward with the electric model. It is a big cost to retrofit to sell and service that many dealerships aren’t willing to pay or justify.
    That’s my guess and ford sees it as a way to reduce dealership counts which makes it easier to go to direct order model with having just fewer showrooms and service centers.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    So is Ford planning to do anything with this dealership or is it gone for good?
    Joe Cooper still owns the building. As far as it being a Ford dealership again it will not.

They are painting the building gray and it looks like the remaining blue lettering has had a fresh coat of blue. I'm wondering what is being planned for this location?

google maps has a image from may of this year

Thread Information